My response to Reineking bashing Cards!

seesred

Reaction score
Here is what I sent him.
I'm a real Cardinal fan. There are always guys like you who have nothing better to write about. There are many teams that haven't won the big games. But our time is coming, just remember to write something positive next year when we go and compete in the play offs. YOU wrote: Mediocrity wasn't just relegated to the offense. The Cardinals also sported the NFL's 21st-ranked defense in 2004. That is not even a fact I believe we were 11th in total defense last year. Not only did we have one of the best drafts, we stole Berry from the Broncos and picked up starting studs in Docket and Dansby. Get it right.

I am a Cardinals fan like every city once we start winning they will jump aboard. They will also jump aboard once the new stadium opens in 2006.Get it right or just don't write it.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what I wrote:
-------------------
Subject Line: Nice Article

Text: Now go **** yourself ya dingle-doofer!

Sincerly,

An AZ Cardinals Fan
-------------------
Wanted him to read it so I said nice article

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Gee! said:
Here's what I wrote:
-------------------
Subject Line: Nice Article

Text: Now go **** yourself ya dingle-doofer!

Sincerly,

An AZ Cardinals Fan
-------------------
Wanted him to read it so I said nice article

****= Feed?
icon10.gif

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, at least Jim had the balls to admit his mistake and own up to it. Our local journalists don't do that.

Donald,

Upon receiving a few nasty emails and after further review today, I realized I made a grievous, and embarrassing, error.

While flipping through stats from this previous season, the offensive stats were in order (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortab...&stable=overall&dir=descending&season=regular ...Cards at 27 in total offense, sure), but the defense (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortab...&stable=overall&dir=descending&season=regular) was misleading. At quick glance, which I did and assumed was correct, the Cardinals are at No. 21. However, a more inquisitive look at that page (which came two days too late in my case) reveals the Saints at No. 1 and Steelers at No. 32, which is totally wrong (backwards, actually).

Such an error is unacceptable and the Cardinals fans who noticed the mistake and complained to me in email form were right to do so.

Overall, I was just disheartened to see a team with a classic look - like the Cardinals - go out and change uniforms in what always seems like an obvious attempt to sell more jerseys. Teams sell more jerseys when they have great players and good teams.

- Jim

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Hey guys, at least Jim had the balls to admit his mistake and own up to it. Our local journalists don't do that.

I am begginging to feel neglected, I have not gotten a response yet:(

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
That's a very classy reply--especially considering how not classy a lot of the letters sent to him were, IMO.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
That's a very classy reply--especially considering how not classy a lot of the letters sent to him were, IMO.

We wrote back and forth a bit...he's got a good sense of humor.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

I emailed him that the apology was a classy move. Espicially after are pretty angry emails.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort