Basketball going back to NBC Broadcasts

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sad to see Inside the NBA end, but I have a lot of nostalgia about the NBA on NBC. I loved the theme music and remember watching playoff triple headers on Saturday and Sunday as a kid. I also loved the Dick Enberg opening monologues. Hopefully this will all be on Broadcast NBC and not their cable/streaming stuff. The more sports that are free on broadcast the better.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA ON NBC. It just sounds right but Inside the NBA was the best show.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Super sad. Ernie Johnson has a contract with TNT, so he wouldn't be able to leave. Not sure Inside the NBA can survive without him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sad to see Inside the NBA end, but I have a lot of nostalgia about the NBA on NBC. I loved the theme music and remember watching playoff triple headers on Saturday and Sunday as a kid. I also loved the Dick Enberg opening monologues. Hopefully this will all be on Broadcast NBC and not their cable/streaming stuff. The more sports that are free on broadcast the better.

I'm fine with this ending up on Peacock. I got a year of their service for $20 and it's a steal for that cost. Definitely keep your eyes out for deals as they run those semi- regularly to lure in subscribers.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Man, I've been around long enough to remember the NBA on CBS, NBC, ABC, ESPN, TNT, NBA TV, various streaming networks... and now back to NBC.

To be honest, far and away the best years were when CBS had it.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man, I've been around long enough to remember the NBA on CBS, NBC, ABC, ESPN, TNT, NBA TV, various streaming networks... and now back to NBC.

To be honest, far and away the best years were when CBS had it.
Except, I guess, during the "tape delay" era. 1970s?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will not miss Kenny. Chuck for sure, the interactions between him and Shaq are funny. I thought EJ did well in being the host/mediator, one of few who actually know what they're talking about.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Idk if I’m alone but Inside the NBA is horrible now. It’s been on the downhill for about 3 years now.

Kenny wants a front office job so he’s unwilling to have a strong take on anything cause he doesn’t want to offend anyone.

I have never thought Shaq was good. He’s kind of there for people to laugh at. His takes are just so bad sometimes. He’s super sensitive

Barkley and EJ are gold.

It’s been on for 30 years they had an amazing run

I would love to see Lefkoe, Wade and Parker on NBC. I really like the chemistry on that show

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except, I guess, during the "tape delay" era. 1970s?
Yeah the CBS tape delay era was a real embarrassment. From this fan's perspective at the time, I couldn't decide if CBS was trying to destroy the league or if the league was dying on it's own and the tape delayed playoff games were just a symptom. Stern catches blame for a lot of things but he turned this disaster around fairly quickly. Granted, having Bird and Magic come along at that same time didn't hurt.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guarantee there will be less games on basic channels. Just like when they bought the EPL rights and hid them all behind a paywall.
Peacock i'm sure
It's hilarious that NFL game prices are multiples of what they get back in revenue
They'll justify overpaying because they need Peacock content and Peacock is the plan.

Also if it's not done, they're trying to get a bidding war started.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92