My final take on today

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’d give him 2 more and fire him
He’s a D guy and his D is getting killed

This place stinks worse than a cattle farm
The stadium was full of cheering orange and people in red laughed at his bad the Cards were...it’s gotten that bad

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My guess is he will last the year as well. As for if he gets let go at the end of the year, that depends on him. He is totally lost, seemingly, so far. Maybe he was shackled by an OC he wasn't sold on and this will eliminate an irritant, who knows? Not holding my breath, just trying to find some reason for hope in this quagmire of a season.

So far, he's one and done IMO. I think we would have seen SOME positive signs by now and there just isn't ANYTHING on any facet of the game.

Sad.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO he won't get fired during the season. However, once the season is over, I agree with Buckybird. There needs to be visible improvement with the performance of the team.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There are no final takes in this disaster. Just comeback with Marshmallows on a stick for your next turn.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'm comfortably numb right now to all things coaching. I just want Rosen to learn how to be an NFL QB. If he looks like a star by the end of the season, even if we go 1-15, I'll be a happy camper.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Silver lining...if Wilks can keep the locker room through this, he may be able to stick.
Again does he still have it? Personally I don’t think so. I just can’t see a team believing in what this staff is teaching based on putrid results.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again does he still have it? Personally I don’t think so. I just can’t see a team believing in what this staff is teaching based on putrid results.

Wait you said this was your final take on today. You can't come back in here and have another take! That makes your original post Fake News then!

:thumbup:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It will become more apparent if he loses it. You will see players making business decisions and playing outside of their role.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Firing Wilks during the season just gets you an interim coach off the current staff.

The Cardinals will show improvement during the second half of the season because they can't get worse.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I'm comfortably numb right now to all things coaching. I just want Rosen to learn how to be an NFL QB. If he looks like a star by the end of the season, even if we go 1-15, I'll be a happy camper.

If Rosen finishes the year healthy and registers a B- quality performance I will be completely content. I am worried about David Johnson. Needs to start playing better and start blocking

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Rosen could get permanently ruined by this fiasco.

Sure he's still cocky now but give him 9 more games of this and he could be a broken shell of himself.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I’d give him 2 more and fire him
He’s a D guy and his D is getting killed

This place stinks worse than a cattle farm
The stadium was full of cheering orange and people in red laughed at his bad the Cards were...it’s gotten that bad

He's a leader of men. Too bad we play football.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wilks is a dead man walking, and we all know it. Highly unlikely he gets fired during the season - though another blowout like the Denver game just might do the trick - but at the end of the year, unless there is DRASTIC improvement, he's done. He's demonstrated that he can't put a staff together, can't manage personnel, can't make simple decisions like mandating that kickoffs not continue to be returned to the 15 yard line that could have been touchbacks, etc etc.

Next game should be interesting. The 49ers will be trying to avenge that loss to the Cards and will NOT want to lose twice to such a bad team. And for all their problems and injuries, the 49ers play balls-out every week - complete opposite of what this Cards team has shown thus far. Can Wilks re-gain the locker room simply by getting rid of McCoy? Maybe. But I'm very skeptical.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I expect the SF game to be fools gold, improves offense ba a bad defense, probably a close game that we may win, then the drowning starts on defense the month after the bye.

Hopefully not... but...

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
Wilks has looked like a spectator rather than a coach. A coach would have been able to see that Johnson had little or no chance to make yardage with the plays he was given and directed his OC to adjust. He has shown zero emotion on the sidelines. He is in over his head.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson