My conclusion on what's going on

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think they want to fix the offense first. Offense wins football games now.
To a point..... But you can't outscore everyone. The Chiefs may learn this the hard way now after letting Ford & Houston go.

I think Chandler had more sacks than the entire Raiders team last year. In a division like theirs, they need to get the QB off of his spot consistently or they will always be 3rd or 4th IMO.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To a point..... But you can't outscore everyone. The Chiefs may learn this the hard way now after letting Ford & Houston go.

I think Chandler had more sacks than the entire Raiders team last year. In a division like theirs, they need to get the QB off of his spot consistently or they will always be 3rd or 4th IMO.

Right now, the best way to make your team better is through QB play. A good QB is worth at least two Aaron Donalds.

If the Raiders make the trade, this is a huge indictment of Derek Carr.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My conclusion is that Murray is going #1 one way or the other. Either the Cards are trading down or are taking him

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The guys on PFT said just the opposite this morning...They said Brown is NOT a Carr fan at all.

They are wrong Antonio Brown already has been to his house and they have been talking about teaming up. Ant Brown does not want to have a rookie QB.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/antonio-brown-derek-carr-raiders

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There working out together

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

There's clips of them talking about wishing they could team up, Ant Brown and Carr are Friends, Brown doesn't want a rookie QB

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Your reasoning is sound. Will this be how it plays out? I hope so. While I am high on Bosa I am even higher on a combo of Oliver or Williams or Allen and N'Keal Harry or one of the other really really good WRs that will be available in the first 2 rounds.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Your reasoning is sound. Will this be how it plays out? I hope so. While I am high on Bosa I am even higher on a combo of Oliver or Williams or Allen and N'Keal Harry or one of the other really really good WRs that will be available in the first 2 rounds.

I like William's more than Bosa. Oliver more than Allen.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Right now, the best way to make your team better is through QB play. A good QB is worth at least two Aaron Donalds.

If the Raiders make the trade, this is a huge indictment of Derek Carr.
Agreed. And by that same logic would cement our front office the stupidest since.......

Oh yeah........Our last GM.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Carr has failed to deliver when called upon.

I know the Pro-Rosen crowd is trying to NOT like Murray, but he basically had the best passing season in the history of college football and he is probably the best RUNNER in this draft as well.

Murray has the chance to be a generational talent. I know people on this board don't want to hear that, but his ability on the football field demonstrates that he can be.

Put him behind a good offensive line and good receivers that can take the top off the defense and he could be scary good. I think Gruden is salivating over his onfield tools, which is why the Raiders went to work him out.

If your 1st paragraph is accurate, then it would be the absolute worst decision in Cardinal history to pass on Murray. Part of the reason that the Cardinal organization has been historically inept is because they are routinely gutless. We settle for safe picks & teams jump us to grab guys we’re interested in. If we don’t take Murray, I’ll go to my grave knowing that I was sadly correct.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I am sure the Cardinals want to trade down. But I am not sure anyone else wants a player enough to trade into the #1 spot.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your 1st paragraph is accurate, then it would be the absolute worst decision in Cardinal history to pass on Murray. Part of the reason that the Cardinal organization has been historically inept is because they are routinely gutless. We settle for safe picks & teams jump us to grab guys we’re interested in. If we don’t take Murray, I’ll go to my grave knowing that I was sadly correct.

No you won’t because he will bust out and be playing baseball inside of 5 years.... Then you can rest easy knowing you were wrong.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Russell Wilson was a third round pick for a reason. It was because of the risk that comes with taking an outlier. Wilson had 4 years of film to validate the people who wanted to take him.

Murray is a riskier prospect who people was to draft three rounds higher.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I don't agree. This is a master move for this franchise if my suspicion is correct. To even enlist a player in this is genius.

I love Murray. I think all the doubters are totally wrong. I think they are literally basing the majority of their anti-Murray opinion based solely on his height.

But the vision the Cardinals have here is solid. The problem with the NFL is there is NEVER a sure thing. But teams can take calculated risks, and trading down is a calculated risk because you may miss out on a generational talent.

The Cards did their due diligence on Bosa. They want to see if they feel he can be a transformational talent. His red flags are big in my book, bigger than Murrays. If I'm drafting a guy top five, I'm avoiding injury histories.

What I think the Cardinals see is that the top ten players are all relatively in the same class. Bosa/William's arent a ton better than Oliver. White is a hell of a good LB, IMO best one to come out in years. Jawan Taylor is a really good RT that probably can play left. Why not take one of these guys AND add someone like Noah Fant later in round one? That gives more to work with.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Russell Wilson was a third round pick for a reason. It was because of the risk that comes with taking an outlier. Wilson had 4 years of film to validate the people who wanted to take him.

I agree he has alot less tape, but his tape is ALOT better than Wilson's was. He is a much better passer than Wilson was and it's not even close.

Sure he is playing with better players, but Wilson's Badgers were pretty good too.

Wilson was pretty ordinary at NC State.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know Gruden is in charge...... But you don't bring in Mike Mayock and then completely ignore his draft philosophy of never relinquishing draft capital to trade up for a player.

It continues to lead me to believe they will stand pat and take this draft's version of Khalil Mack. He may not be that good, but Josh Allen is that guy.

Our trade partners will most likely be Tampa, NYG, Jax, Denver, Mia, or Wash. That's my 2 cents.

I haven’t heard of Tampa being in the mix. Do you think they would be interested in Murray?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't agree. This is a master move for this franchise if my suspicion is correct. To even enlist a player in this is genius.

I love Murray. I think all the doubters are totally wrong. I think they are literally basing the majority of their anti-Murray opinion based solely on his height.

But the vision the Cardinals have here is solid. The problem with the NFL is there is NEVER a sure thing. But teams can take calculated risks, and trading down is a calculated risk because you may miss out on a generational talent.

The Cards did their due diligence on Bosa. They want to see if they feel he can be a transformational talent. His red flags are big in my book, bigger than Murrays. If I'm drafting a guy top five, I'm avoiding injury histories.

What I think the Cardinals see is that the top ten players are all relatively in the same class. Bosa/William's arent a ton better than Oliver. White is a hell of a good LB, IMO best one to come out in years. Jawan Taylor is a really good RT that probably can play left. Why not take one of these guys AND add someone like Noah Fant later in round one? That gives more to work with.

I like Oliver more than Bosa or Williams regardless of what the media may say but I am no professional by any stretch of the imagination. The point is, I hope the Cardinals go with their evaluations and what they see... even if it does not satisfy the consensus whole, because I am sure the franchises do not care about the perceived value game of the public

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like Oliver more than Bosa or Williams regardless of what the media may say but I am no professional by any stretch of the imagination. The point is, I hope the Cardinals go with their evaluations and what they see... even if it does not satisfy the consensus whole, because I am sure the franchises do not care about the perceived value game of the public

William's is bigger and nasty.

Oliver has a better pedigree. Fans of non-championship caliber teams are always mad when big time prospects pick thr big boys, but Oliver demonstrates why they do.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Dead on, people are crazy. Bosa was hurt and not truly dominant .Murray dominated and can escape a pass rush. Kliff and Murray will be a perfect marriage, help hide the Oline woes.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I do wonder how far Murray will fall if Cards don't pick Murray at #1?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
http://arizonasports.com/story/1899...als-could-draft-kyler-murray-keep-josh-rosen/

nobody posted this --- so here goes

my impression: this sounds like Rapoport talked to Steve Keim for this story, and Keim is using Rapoport to send a message to teams interested in Rosen: Don't think once I make the Murray pick you are going to low ball me --- Ill keep Josh Rosen if I have to.

my current hawt take: I think Rosen gets traded for picks that are all/ mostly 2020 draft picks

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
http://arizonasports.com/story/1899...als-could-draft-kyler-murray-keep-josh-rosen/

nobody posted this --- so here goes

my impression: this sounds like Rapoport talked to Steve Keim for this story, and Keim is using Rapoport to send a message to teams interested in Rosen: Don't think once I make the Murray pick you are going to low ball me --- Ill keep Josh Rosen if I have to.

my current hawt take: I think Rosen gets traded for picks that are all/ mostly 2020 draft picks

OR this adding to the concept that the Cardinals are taking Murray regardless of trading Murray.

What that means is that if you want Murray, you have to trade with the Cardinals to get him. Hes not going to fall past #1 even if Rosen hasn't been traded pre-draft.

If the Cardinals stand pat, they probably take Bosa because of his film and pedigree. I'm not a Bosa advocate after much consideration and more analysis on Q Williams/Ed Oliver, but I would be excited.

A front seven of Jones, Suggs, Bosa, Peter's, Hick, Nkemdiche, and Reddick is formidable. Maybe best in the league.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA