My conclusion on what's going on

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I haven’t heard of Tampa being in the mix. Do you think they would be interested in Murray?
Not Murray. BA has very specific qualities he looks for in QBs and height is damn sure one of em.

Looks like McCoy is going to be traded though so I can envision a world where Quinnen could be highly valued.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If we take Murray number one, the Redskins or the Patriots will trade for Rosen with their number one because the talent along with the financial freedom is awesome :raccoon:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The guys on PFT said just the opposite this morning...They said Brown is NOT a Carr fan at all.
Those guys are wrong... AB went to Carrs house his first day in oak town...they have been friends for some time.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray fans go party. Your prayers are closer to being answered. I am going HOME Bueller!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray fans go party. Your prayers are closer to being answered. I am going HOME Bueller!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Give it a listen. I learnt something new

1. Owners / GMs / coaches talk to players on the phone before their name is turned in as the pick so the team knows the player is alive. No kidding.

2. Rosen likely will be traded during draft if it happens. What will Cardinals do if Rosen is traded next week and Murray gets cold feet and goes back to baseball. OR some bad news breaks out about Murray like Leremy Tunsil or Laeil Collins. There is no Marcus Mariotta, Wentz or RG3 as fallback pick. So Rosen will be a Cardinal at least until draft night.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Carr has failed to deliver when called upon.

I know the Pro-Rosen crowd is trying to NOT like Murray, but he basically had the best passing season in the history of college football and he is probably the best RUNNER in this draft as well.

Murray has the chance to be a generational talent. I know people on this board don't want to hear that, but his ability on the football field demonstrates that he can be.

Put him behind a good offensive line and good receivers that can take the top off the defense and he could be scary good. I think Gruden is salivating over his onfield tools, which is why the Raiders went to work him out.

This holds true for any decent QB. The problem is the Cardinals have neither right now.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL I'm going to enjoy trolling you pretty hard if Murray hits his potential.

If we don't take Murray, and he's dominant, as I know he will be, then we may as well roll up our franchise & smoke it. It'll be over. That's how important it is for us to take Murray. For as long as Murray plays, and for years after that, we will always be reminded of what a moron franchise we were to not draft him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Murray is a generational talent. I’m sure I will be dead when he’s still winning football games. That’s ok Shane. My son Justin will harass you each & every day. I will haunt you in your sleep:D

I fail to see how Murray is a “generational talent.” I’ve seen similar college seasons out of the likes of Tim Tebow and Marcus Mariota, and these guys have a larger sample size. Murray has one full season of collegiate experience from which to grade. It’s not foolish to believe that had he stayed one more year at OU, his production would dip.

Also, a “generational talent” would have the requisite physical traits for his own position. Murray is in the 2nd percentile for height and will likely enter the season under 200 lbs. Murray Stans can discount the importance of height, but when you’re in the NFL and you have to make intermediate throws from the pocket against taller, faster rushers, it’s crucial to be able to see clear as day where your receiver is going to be. At 5’9” +/-, that’s not easy.

Additionally, a “generational talent” would’ve been graded much higher entering this draft. Despite the stats and the Heisman, Murray was largely an afterthought and not even considered the best QB in a weak QB draft class. Enter Kliff’s comments from OU week and all of a sudden, people are moving the goal posts to make him out to be better than other prospects who could be considered “generational,” such as Bosa and Williams. Some still don’t even have him as a Top-10-raked player in this draft.

This is not me saying that Murray can’t be a solid NFL quarterback, but those who are putting him on the tallest of pedestals will more than likely be disappointed in a few years.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I fail to see how Murray is a “generational talent.” I’ve seen similar college seasons out of the likes of Tim Tebow and Marcus Mariota, and these guys have a larger sample size. Murray has one full season of collegiate experience from which to grade. It’s not foolish to believe that had he stayed one more year at OU, his production would dip.

Also, a “generational talent” would have the requisite physical traits for his own position. Murray is in the 2nd percentile for height and will likely enter the season under 200 lbs. Murray Stans can discount the importance of height, but when you’re in the NFL and you have to make intermediate throws from the pocket against taller, faster rushers, it’s crucial to be able to see clear as day where your receiver is going to be. At 5’9” +/-, that’s not easy.

Additionally, a “generational talent” would’ve been graded much higher entering this draft. Despite the stats and the Heisman, Murray was largely an afterthought and not even considered the best QB in a weak QB draft class. Enter Kliff’s comments from OU week and all of a sudden, people are moving the goal posts to make him out to be better than other prospects who could be considered “generational,” such as Bosa and Williams. Some still don’t even have him as a Top-10-raked player in this draft.

This is not me saying that Murray can’t be a solid NFL quarterback, but those who are putting him on the tallest of pedestals will more than likely be disappointed in a few years.
Probably by mid season actually when the defenses figure him out
These defensive coordinators and players arent all as dumb as the Pro Murray crowd would lead you to believe

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

IMO, you're sadly mistaken if you're comparing Murray to Tebow or Mariota. Murray's throwing mechanics are effortless and flawless. Tebow & Mariota don't even register in that area. In addition, Murray's athleticism is off the charts. He's even more athletic than Mahomes is. Everyone that is critical of Murray, is simply basing their decision on either his height or his 1 season at OU. His height will have absolutely NO IMPACT on his NFL career. If anything, his smaller body type will contribute to his success. He's a moving target that will be very difficult to chase down & he actually throws almost as well on the run as he does in the pocket. He's extremely accurate either way, which will make him a nightmare for opposing defenses. Lincoln Riley has already said that Murray is the best prepared QB on game day than anyone he has ever coached, at any level. I've never been more convinced about drafting a QB than I am with Murray. He will be extremely difficult to stop, because he can beat you in so many different ways.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably by mid season actually when the defenses figure him out
These defensive coordinators and players arent all as dumb as the Pro Murray crowd would lead you to believe

When an opposing QB is gifted with pure throwing mechanics, off the charts athleticism, crazy speed, and a very high football IQ, then good luck figuring him out by midseason. When you are gifted across the board, you are never truly figured out. He will be as good or better than Mahomes.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
IMO, you're sadly mistaken if you're comparing Murray to Tebow or Mariota. Murray's throwing mechanics are effortless and flawless. Tebow & Mariota don't even register in that area. In addition, Murray's athleticism is off the charts. He's even more athletic than Mahomes is. Everyone that is critical of Murray, is simply basing their decision on either his height or his 1 season at OU. His height will have absolutely NO IMPACT on his NFL career. If anything, his smaller body type will contribute to his success. He's a moving target that will be very difficult to chase down & he actually throws almost as well on the run as he does in the pocket. He's extremely accurate either way, which will make him a nightmare for opposing defenses. Lincoln Riley has already said that Murray is the best prepared QB on game day than anyone he has ever coached, at any level. I've never been more convinced about drafting a QB than I am with Murray. He will be extremely difficult to stop, because he can beat you in so many different ways.

I’m stunned that a draft prospect’s college coach would say something nice about his former player. Stunned, I tell you.....

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I’m stunned that a draft prospect’s college coach would say something nice about his former player. Stunned, I tell you.....
He cant beat you when not if he gets a major hit and is laid up for a extended period of time seen that happen Way too Many Times, Oh but I forgot he never gets hit that's a real tall one right there

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
His mechanics may have been flawless at Oklahoma but say that after 50+ sacks behind the Cards O line just like Rosen the rule still applies FOOTBALL GAMES ARE WON AND LOST IN THE TRENCHES

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well, let's not forget that Lincoln has also coached Mayfield.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Actually..... No.... you haven't seen it before. He is not Tebow or Mariotta.

Size is his only issue..... and I honestly believe his size is actually a strength.

No one HAS EVER done what he did in those 13 games last year. Rosen's best college days would have been utter disappointments for Kyler based on his week over week production.

Pedestal comment aside...... He is the best QB in this draft. And I think he may be better than Baker. The only worry I have is injury. And not big guy on small guy injury..... More of a... body cant stand the torque of that move type injuries. And those are impossible to project.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His mechanics may have been flawless at Oklahoma but say that after 50+ sacks behind the Cards O line just like Rosen the rule still applies FOOTBALL GAMES ARE WON AND LOST IN THE TRENCHES

It's almost senseless trying to communicate on this board with the anti-Murray group that associate his size with durability. Will he get sacked in the NFL. Of course he will. To say otherwise is idiotic. The point is that he will not get hit in the same manner or as often as Rosen was. He's way more athletic than some on this board want to overlook. He simply will avoid the extreme flush hits that bigger, less elusive (like Rosen) QB's have to absorb. Not only does he have eyes behind his head, but he appears to have them on the sides too. He's gifted in that sense. There won't be many QB's in future years with his complete package. Wherever he goes, he will pack stadiums. Special, special, special.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It's almost senseless trying to communicate on this board with the anti-Murray group that associate his size with durability. Will he get sacked in the NFL. Of course he will. To say otherwise is idiotic. The point is that he will not get hit in the same manner that Rosen was. He's way more athletic than some on this board overlook. He simply will avoid the extreme flush hits that bigger, less elusive (like Rosen) QB's have to absorb. Not only does he have eyes behind his head, but appears to have them on the sides too. He's gifted in that sense. There won't be many QB's in future years with his complete package. Wherever he goes, he will pack stadiums. Special, special, special.
#Truth

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Delmar, that's why I want Bosa, to cut down on the injury factor. :)

P.S. Do you really want Larry to end his career, NOT catching passes from Rosen?
No not really not because I think Rosen is better than Murray just because he has caught many passes from QBs and we still ended up with losing records I simply believe that Bosa or Williams or very high quality O line is more important than a Qb or other Glamour position

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Geez! then I wish he was even shorter and lighter. :bang:

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
It's almost senseless trying to communicate on this board with the anti-Murray group that associate his size with durability. Will he get sacked in the NFL. Of course he will. To say otherwise is idiotic. The point is that he will not get hit in the same manner or as often as Rosen was. He's way more athletic than some on this board want to overlook. He simply will avoid the extreme flush hits that bigger, less elusive (like Rosen) QB's have to absorb. Not only does he have eyes behind his head, but he appears to have them on the sides too. He's gifted in that sense. There won't be many QB's in future years with his complete package. Wherever he goes, he will pack stadiums. Special, special, special.
Hell with packing stadiums I want wins dont give a crap bout nothing else

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So, he has eyes that see through the ear holes on the helmet and his back of head eye has x-ray vision. He isn't simply generational, he's a new, infinitely superior genetic mutation adapted specifically for football.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson