My Cardinals best players still available

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can I just ask why everyone seems to be surprised that wide receiver Hakeem Butler is still on the board? Is it only because Mel Kiper and Daniel Jeremiah has told you? I don’t think he’s that great of a prospect. Not at all trying to patronize anyone. I just wonder.

Now we have entered the development zone, so this list contains of players I think could be interesting – for one reason or another - to the Cardinals. It’s not where I have them ranked. Also, I haven’t included every position.

Wide receiver

Riley Ridley, Georgia – At some point you ignore the lack of production and look at his potential.

Preston Williams, Colorado State – 1st- or 2nd-round game tape, but some years ago he physical hurt a woman. As far as I can tell not as bad as Jeffery Simmons who went in the first round. When do you pull the trigger?

Kelvin Harmon, N.C. State – Fast and physical wide receiver with strong hands. Makes many circus catches.

Darius Slayton, Auburn – Blazing deep threat but not limited to just that.

Greg Jennings, West Virginia – Same as Slayton. Dana Holgerson might have told K2 a thing or two about him.

Antoine Wesley, Texas Tech – K2’s pupil at Texas Tech. By all accounts, the coaches there were thrilled about him.

Emmanuel Hall, Missouri – Athletic wonder with tons of speed.

Tight end

Kaden Smith, Stanford – Great body control and strong hands.

Foster Moreau, LSU – Basically another offensive lineman. Heavily underutilized with LSU, so maybe he can do more.

Offensive tackle

David Edwards, Wisconsin – Limited but solid.

Devon Johnson, Stetson – Very raw but massive potential.

Oli Udoh, Elon – Same as Johnson.

Offensive guard

Terronne Prescod, N.C. State – Very strong mauler. Guard only.

Wes Martin, Indiana – Same as Prescod.

Phil Haynes, Wake Forest – Maybe more of a practice squad guy, but has a chance with good coaching.

Larry Allen Jr., Harvard – Son of Larry Allen, so why not?

Edge rusher

Justin Hollins, Oregon – Great athlete. A work in progress.

Christian Miller, Alabama – Very smart player. Not much production, but no edge rusher at Alabama has that.

D’Andre Walker, Georgia – Undersized. Think Lorenzo Carter from the Giants who were the first pick in the third round last year.

Defensive lineman

Charles Omenihu, Texas – The pick of Zach Allen probably rule out Omenihu, but he’s a great prospect.

John Cominsky, Charleston – Would be a great developmental player on the practice squad.

Cortez Broughton, Cincinnati – Very explosive first step.

Daniel Wise, Kansas – Strong and agile.

Ricky Walker, Virginia – Same as Wise.

Kyle Phillips, Tennessee – Great edge rush-recruit who were moved inside to a tweener position.

Inside linebacker

Tre Lamar – Assignment sound.

Mack Wilson – Limited pass rusher but physical field general.

Ulysees Gilbert, Akron – Undersized but fast and extremely athletic.

Cameron Smith, USC – I thought he would be long gone. Intelligent, gap sound, sure tackler.

Safety

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida – Maybe not a need, but at some point you just go with the value.

Cornerback

Julian Love, Notre Dame – Same as Gardner-Johnson.

Iman Marshall, USC – Same as Love.

They have seven picks today. Assuming they use all of them, I would target wide receivers Kelvin Harmon and Preston Williams, tight end Kaden Smith, offensive tackles David Edwards and Oli Udoh, offensive guards Terronne Prescod and Wes Martin, edge rusher Christian Miller, defensive lineman John Cominsky and Cortez Broughton and inside linebackers Mack Wilson and Cameron Smith.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did TE Irv Smith get drafted?

Also, the center - Gaillard - might be worth a looksee.

One thing that caught my eye - Two rounds in a row (1st and 2nd), we were beaten to the punch the pick before us when NE and then Seattle stole Harry and Metcalf from beneath our very noses. (We're still left without a big ol' 50-50 wideout).

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somewhere I believe we have to bring in a Rb. If DJ goes down we have Edmonds, Foster coming off injury and Logan. We can’t afford not to solidify any playmaker depth on offense. The Chargers, Chiefs and Steelers all lost their top two rb’s last year and yet they didn’t miss a beat.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can I just ask why everyone seems to be surprised that wide receiver Hakeem Butler is still on the board? Is it only because Mel Kiper and Daniel Jeremiah has told you? I don’t think he’s that great of a prospect. Not at all trying to patronize anyone. I just wonder.

Now we have entered the development zone, so this list contains of players I think could be interesting – for one reason or another - to the Cardinals. It’s not where I have them ranked. Also, I haven’t included every position.

Wide receiver

Riley Ridley, Georgia – At some point you ignore the lack of production and look at his potential.

Preston Williams, Colorado State – 1st- or 2nd-round game tape, but some years ago he physical hurt a woman. As far as I can tell not as bad as Jeffery Simmons who went in the first round. When do you pull the trigger?

Kelvin Harmon, N.C. State – Fast and physical wide receiver with strong hands. Makes many circus catches.

Darius Slayton, Auburn – Blazing deep threat but not limited to just that.

Greg Jennings, West Virginia – Same as Slayton. Dana Holgerson might have told K2 a thing or two about him.

Antoine Wesley, Texas Tech – K2’s pupil at Texas Tech. By all accounts, the coaches there were thrilled about him.

Emmanuel Hall, Missouri – Athletic wonder with tons of speed.

Tight end

Kaden Smith, Stanford – Great body control and strong hands.

Foster Moreau, LSU – Basically another offensive lineman. Heavily underutilized with LSU, so maybe he can do more.

Offensive tackle

David Edwards, Wisconsin – Limited but solid.

Devon Johnson, Stetson – Very raw but massive potential.

Oli Udoh, Elon – Same as Johnson.

Offensive guard

Terronne Prescod, N.C. State – Very strong mauler. Guard only.

Wes Martin, Indiana – Same as Prescod.

Phil Haynes, Wake Forest – Maybe more of a practice squad guy, but has a chance with good coaching.

Larry Allen Jr., Harvard – Son of Larry Allen, so why not?

Edge rusher

Justin Hollins, Oregon – Great athlete. A work in progress.

Christian Miller, Alabama – Very smart player. Not much production, but no edge rusher at Alabama has that.

D’Andre Walker, Georgia – Undersized. Think Lorenzo Carter from the Giants who were the first pick in the third round last year.

Defensive lineman

Charles Omenihu, Texas – The pick of Zach Allen probably rule out Omenihu, but he’s a great prospect.

John Cominsky, Charleston – Would be a great developmental player on the practice squad.

Cortez Broughton, Cincinnati – Very explosive first step.

Daniel Wise, Kansas – Strong and agile.

Ricky Walker, Virginia – Same as Wise.

Kyle Phillips, Tennessee – Great edge rush-recruit who were moved inside to a tweener position.

Inside linebacker

Tre Lamar – Assignment sound.

Mack Wilson – Limited pass rusher but physical field general.

Ulysees Gilbert, Akron – Undersized but fast and extremely athletic.

Cameron Smith, USC – I thought he would be long gone. Intelligent, gap sound, sure tackler.

Safety

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida – Maybe not a need, but at some point you just go with the value.

Cornerback

Julian Love, Notre Dame – Same as Gardner-Johnson.

Iman Marshall, USC – Same as Love.

They have seven picks today. Assuming they use all of them, I would target wide receivers Kelvin Harmon and Preston Williams, tight end Kaden Smith, offensive tackles David Edwards and Oli Udoh, offensive guards Terronne Prescod and Wes Martin, edge rusher Christian Miller, defensive lineman John Cominsky and Cortez Broughton and inside linebackers Mack Wilson and Cameron Smith.
You should have Bunchy Stallings (all SEC) guard from Kentucky on there, he is a beast.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Somewhere I believe we have to bring in a Rb. If DJ goes down we have Edmonds, Foster coming off injury and Logan. We can’t afford not to solidify any playmaker depth on offense. The Chargers, Chiefs and Steelers all lost their top two rb’s last year and yet they didn’t miss a beat.
Benny Snell jr from Kentucky. All time leading rusher there, started since 3-4 games into his freshman season. Dude is patient, waits for his blocks & runs people over. Not a home run RB with blazing speed but he gets the yards. It's been a joy watching him the last 3 yrs at Kroger field in Lexington.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did TE Irv Smith get drafted?

Also, the center - Gaillard - might be worth a looksee.

One thing that caught my eye - Two rounds in a row (1st and 2nd), we were beaten to the punch the pick before us when NE and then Seattle stole Harry and Metcalf from beneath our very noses. (We're still left without a big ol' 50-50 wideout).
The Vikings took him in the 2nd or 3rd round. I wanted him.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the players i think the cardinals could target today:

darwin thompson rb

shareef miller de olb

joe jackson de olb

blake cashman lb

drue tranquill lb

kelvin harmon wr

emmanuel Hall wr

dante wesley wr

zack bailey ot

micheal jordan guard

and i think in the six or sevent round they will draft Easton Stick qb

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
the players i think the cardinals could target today:

darwin thompson rb

shareef miller de olb

joe jackson de olb

blake cashman lb

drue tranquill lb

kelvin harmon wr

emmanuel Hall wr

dante wesley wr

zack bailey ot

micheal jordan guard

and i think in the six or sevent round they will draft Easton Stick qb
Cashman would be an interesting fit. Good upside. Done with WRs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Michael Jordan lasts.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Had to predict who to take until we are actually on the clock, as so many get taken betweennour picks. Wonder if Keim may trade up to get a player as we have lots of draft picks in the latter rounds.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Had to predict who to take until we are actually on the clock, as so many get taken betweennour picks. Wonder if Keim may trade up to get a player as we have lots of draft picks in the latter rounds.

I would assume they will trade back up in to the fifth, package one our 6ths and throw in one or 2 late 7th round picks. Of course it takes a willing trade partner.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard