Best available day two

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I agree, Harry. I feel like Joey Porter has very, very good value at this spot, and they could most like find a C, who is also a good value pick, later on - for example with one of their many third round picks.

I don't know if you like Porter, but the point is to take the better value here, and come back to solve another problem later. And certainly, if that value pick is a C, and then a CB or else later, then that is just as fine.
Porter is talented but not the ballhawk the Cards need. Those guys are gone if they had cover skills too

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My top round 2 options right now

John Michael Schmitz - C
Joe Tippmann - C
Matthew Bergeron - OL
Keion White - DL
Keannu Benton - DT
Joey Porter Jr - Cb (don't love the lack of production)
Brian Branch - DB (DB but don't know where he plays...I think he is a S)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don’t want to settle. i want a strong and smart snot blowing big nasty ass center. Someone who isn’t a pushed back but still standing type. We had one back in the day and he wasn’t strong enough at the point of contact.

I like Olusegun Oluwatimi. I think he's really undervalued and can possible be had mid to late 3rd.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Bergeron seems redundant to Paris, but I have heard that he might land at guard long term. Are we shifting Pugh to center then? I doubt we draft three OL, but maybe.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ricky Stromberg (late 3rd)

Barely looked at him. Will check him out.

It should be said though, all these guys further back ain't going to be good enough to start year 1. Including the Michigan guy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bergeron seems redundant to Paris, but I have heard that he might land at guard long term. Are we shifting Pugh to center then? I doubt we draft three OL, but maybe.
Bergeron would fit the idea of adding physicality and talent on the OL and figure out where they play. It would be more of a long-term approach though because I don't see him beating out Hernandez and Beachum in 2023.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My top round 2 options right now

John Michael Schmitz - C
Joe Tippmann - C
Matthew Bergeron - OL
Keion White - DL
Keannu Benton - DT
Joey Porter Jr - Cb (don't love the lack of production)
Brian Branch - DB (DB but don't know where he plays...I think he is a S)
This is basically my list minus Branch and Porter.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Justin Pugh, who I’m 99% sure is still under contract and talked about shifting to center to prolong his career last offseason when Hudson was out of pocket.

Oops - I’m wrong. Ignore me. He’s a FA who hasn’t officially retired, so he could theoretically come back. But I doubt it with a new regime and a possible position change.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Justin Pugh, who I’m 99% sure is still under contract and talked about shifting to center to prolong his career last offseason when Hudson was out of pocket.

Oops - I’m wrong. Ignore me.

He does want to resign here though. He tweeted just last night about hoping to resign.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
He does want to resign here though. He tweeted just last night about hoping to resign.
I wouldn’t mind him back on the cheap. But he seems to have some other ventures going on in life and seems smart enough to bank his money, so not sure that he’d take the Monti special (1 year near vet minimum).

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brett Kollman on YouTube is pushing Stromberg pretty hard. He said that when he was evaluating DTs from the SEC, it became a list of "players that Stromberg completely dominated".
Stromberg has been my #1 center from day 1. He’s an NFL starter from day 1.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I really hope we come out of today with Tuli Tuipulotu. I feel he is an underrated player and fits a 4-3 very well.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best value at C, CB or DL with our round two pick. Don’t get hung up on drafting one position vs the other. Our needs are great and we will be bad this year. The draft won’t change that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson