Murray’s Performance

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
This is about how I feel. I would love a positive couple of games to end the season and energize Kyler into the offseason, but not enough to keep Keim, if that makes sense.

I know exactly how you feel. If losing the rest of their games increases the chances of Keim being fired I’m good with it. He’s been given every opportunity and he’s on the verge of back to back 3 win seasons with 2 coaching staffs and 1st round quarterbacks. I mean how much more does Michael have to see?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You must look at the box score and not watch the game.
This "you don't watch the games" nonsense has to stop. When your team gets their throat stepped on by the other team every time it actually matters, that's the important part, not the part where they toyed around with you for three quarters until reminding you that you had no place being there.

And I'll keep repeating, being competitive actually means winning some games week to week, not just putting up meaningless stats and keeping the floodgates at bay.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Only thing I am absolutely certain is Murray is far better QB than Josh Rosen. Is Murray better than Andy Dalton? Time will tell

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of teams have competitive losses by more than three scores. :rolleyes:

We were within one score in several of those games, in the 4th quarter. But yeah, like you implied, not competitive. :rolleyes:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This "you don't watch the games" nonsense has to stop. When your team gets their throat stepped on by the other team every time it actually matters, that's the important part, not the part where they toyed around with you for three quarters until reminding you that you had no place being there.

And I'll keep repeating, being competitive actually means winning some games week to week, not just putting up meaningless stats and keeping the floodgates at bay.

Oh the irony. You state thing that you say has to stop, and then YOU decide what is considered competitive. Rich.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We were within one score in several of those games, in the 4th quarter. But yeah, like you implied, not competitive. :rolleyes:

Wow. Very impressive. I guess falling apart in the 4th quarter actually counts as a win at some point?

These games are not as miserable as they were last season, but let's not confuse that with being "competitive."

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Very impressive. I guess falling apart in the 4th quarter actually counts as a win at some point?

These games are not as miserable as they were last season, but let's not confuse that with being "competitive."

No, it counts as being competitive. I didn't think that sentence was necessary....

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Oh the irony. You state thing that you say has to stop, and then YOU decide what is considered competitive. Rich.
I don't need to add "in my opinion" to everything. It was taught in high school English that it was a bad idea.

It's lame to say people aren't watching the games. We wouldn't be here investing our time if we weren't watching at least most. I missed a good chunk of the Carolina game while on an airplane, but otherwise, I've watched nearly every snap of this season, and I'm sure most of our fellow posters have.

Where you see a "competitive team," I see a team barely holding on. I'm not sure why any Cardinals fan right now would walk into any game confident or even hopeful that we were going to win against a team unless they were awful and dysfunctional. Going back to Arians' first year, you thought "man, with a couple of breaks, we can do this!" Right now, it's moral victory Sunday where we at least didn't get blown out until the final 15 minutes of the game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't need to add "in my opinion" to everything. It was taught in high school English that it was a bad idea.

It's lame to say people aren't watching the games. We wouldn't be here investing our time if we weren't watching at least most. I missed a good chunk of the Carolina game while on an airplane, but otherwise, I've watched nearly every snap of this season, and I'm sure most of our fellow posters have.

Where you see a "competitive team," I see a team barely holding on. I'm not sure why any Cardinals fan right now would walk into any game confident or even hopeful that we were going to win against a team unless they were awful and dysfunctional. Going back to Arians' first year, you thought "man, with a couple of breaks, we can do this!" Right now, it's moral victory Sunday where we at least didn't get blown out until the final 15 minutes of the game.

I'm not sure why any Cards fan should feel confident of a win either. With that said, that doesn't mean that this team hasn't improved, or is improving on 2 of the 3 phases of the field this year.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm not sure why any Cards fan should feel confident of a win either. With that said, that doesn't mean that this team hasn't improved, or is improving on 2 of the 3 phases of the field this year.
Sigh. Same dance, different day. Historically awful to still really awful. With four games to play, only two teams have a worse record than us.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Murray, DJ, Peterson, and name your pick of individual threads focusing on one guy which do not go anywhere approaching constructive criticism because when you lose like we do half way out of the trenches of 'Nowhere's Land', it's an accumulative issue since this is a team sport. The only thing I think we can all agree on with some basis of conclusion without moving parts depending on each other is that we need a new GM running this franchise

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No, it counts as being competitive. I didn't think that sentence was necessary....

The score of the Panthers game at the beginning of the 4th quarter was 28-20. Tell me how competitive the Cards last 5 drives(!) were:

You must be registered for see images attach

The score of the Saints game with over 12 minutes left in the 4th quarter was 24-9. How competitive were the Cards last 7 drives (!):

The score at HALFTIME of the Seattle game was 20-3. I know — extremely competitive. Here's how efficient the Cards were in the entire second half (before the game ended with Ziggy Ansuh sacking Murray in the red zone):

I'm a fan of the Cards; I'm a fan of Kingsbury, and I think that Murray is going to be very good. But I'm also a fan of reality, and your posts on this subject bear very little resemblance to the reality of many of the team's losses this season. It's okay to expect more from this team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The score of the Panthers game at the beginning of the 4th quarter was 28-20. Tell me how competitive the Cards last 5 drives(!) were:

I'm a fan of the Cards; I'm a fan of Kingsbury, and I think that Murray is going to be very good. But I'm also a fan of reality, and your posts on this subject bear very little resemblance to the reality of many of the team's losses this season. It's okay to expect more from this team.

You showing the Panthers game PROVES my point. The Cards were within 1 score in the 4th quarter. They have been bad closing out games this year, and? That still doesn't disprove that they weren't competitive until then.

You insinuate that my posts aren't based in reality, and yet you aren't exactly disproving what I said either. Who here is debating that the Cards played well in the 4th quarter? It seems that you aren't the one that cannot see improvement in the offense from this year to last.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh. Same dance, different day. Historically awful to still really awful. With four games to play, only two teams have a worse record than us.

What part is still really awful? Our offense? The stats prove otherwise????

Our wins? Who really expected us to go from the worst team in the NFL, to somehow competing for the playoffs? Maybe it is that view that isn't really based on reality.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Our wins? Who really expected us to go from the worst team in the NFL, to somehow competing for the playoffs? Maybe it is that view that isn't really based on reality.
I am guessing that people were hoping that the #1 pick and QB in the draft would get us within a game or two of .500.

We can have different expectations. If your concept of "good enough" is is winning 3 games, and being competitive which includes losing 5 of 8 games by more than 10 points with 4 to go on the season...that is your perspective. It isn't mine.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You showing the Panthers game PROVES my point. The Cards were within 1 score in the 4th quarter. They have been bad closing out games this year, and? That still doesn't disprove that they weren't competitive until then.

You insinuate that my posts aren't based in reality, and yet you aren't exactly disproving what I said either. Who here is debating that the Cards played well in the 4th quarter? It seems that you aren't the one that cannot see improvement in the offense from this year to last.

They were within a score at the beginning of the 4th quarter, and the wheels fell off for the ENTIRE FOUR QUARTER. We recorded -13 yards offense in an entire quarter of play.

SO COMPETITIVE.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were within a score at the beginning of the 4th quarter, and the wheels fell off for the ENTIRE FOUR QUARTER. We recorded -13 yards offense in an entire quarter of play.

SO COMPETITIVE.

I don't see you talking about how competitive and even had a chance to win against arguably the best team in the NFC in SF.

Cool. We get it. They were SO COMPETITIVE.

You win. :rolleyes:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am guessing that people were hoping that the #1 pick and QB in the draft would get us within a game or two of .500.

We can have different expectations. If your concept of "good enough" is is winning 3 games, and being competitive which includes losing 5 of 8 games by more than 10 points with 4 to go on the season...that is your perspective. It isn't mine.

K9 in other thread said that he thinks that we aren't far away from 7-9. I agree.

I personally thought we would win 5 games this year. We are a couple bounces away from that already, and have winnable games (IMO) against the Steelers and Browns if the can play like they had prior to this last debacle.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Our offense is middle of the road, and can't put up points. Our defense is now historically terrible, instead of our offense being historically terrible. As was written in another thread, we're on the cusp of firing our DC and GM. That is not what good teams on the rise do. We have improved our 2018 record by one whole tie, and not a single win or tie has come against a team with more than 3 wins.

Competing for the playoffs? Not really. Winning a few more games? Not teetering on the edge of a complete franchise changing job opening for the third season in a row?

Boy howdy, my expectations must be off the charts to not want to be...

23rd in YPG on offense.
20th in total points on offense.
20th in yards per play on offense.
23rd in first downs per game on offense.
22nd in 3rd down percentage on offense.

32nd in YPG on defense.
31st in total points on defense.

And, et cetera. This team is garbage.

Edit: Also, I'll wait until someone uses our DVOA or something as some kind of important stat, but guess what - our overall DVOA is 24th. Let's pat ourselves on the back guys.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
K9 in other thread said that he thinks that we aren't far away from 7-9. I agree.

I personally thought we would win 5 games this year. We are a couple bounces away from that already, and have winnable games (IMO) against the Steelers and Browns if the can play like they had prior to this last debacle.
I think this is the difference between me and others on this board. IMO, Kyler Murray should win every game he plays vs a 3rd string QB...that includes the Steelers w/ Duck Hodges. I thin kwe should be competitive vs the train wreck Browns, but that is more because their offense vs our defense is going to require Murray to put up points at a level he just hasn't yet this year.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is the difference between me and others on this board. IMO, Kyler Murray should win every game he plays vs a 3rd string QB...that includes the Steelers w/ Duck Hodges. I thin kwe should be competitive vs the train wreck Browns, but that is more because their offense vs our defense is going to require Murray to put up points at a level he just hasn't yet this year.

Interesting. The Cardinals have historically been beat up by 2nd and 3rd string, QBs, RBs, TEs etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard