Moving on from Kyler.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Good take. He needs to be at least smart enough to get some outside voices. Get some people around him that maybe aren't the same old "yes men" that tell him he's doing it right. And, by God, get someone other than his freaking father to work with in the offseason!

Agree and I'm pretty close to what Krang is saying. I think the will to win is there, but he probably needs to make some changes to his approach to the game. I'm saying he'll figure it out because I think he really does want to win a championship, even though it might take life beating him over the head some to make him learn the necessary lessons.

I guess you question how much he wants it, and that's fine Stout. Debating that probably wouldn't be super productive. :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

So...so, wait, let me get this straight...we're basically the same team BUT BETTER?

I reiterate...

:biglaugh:

You're equating result with the roster strength without accounting for masses of injuries and Kyler regressing.

This roster at full strength with a QB that doesn't play like crap is as good as last year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You're equating result with the roster strength without accounting for masses of injuries and Kyler regressing.

This roster at full strength with a QB that doesn't play like crap is as good as last year.
Flawed logic. The roster can't be at full strength because we were counting on a bunch of older/injured players. 2/3 of our IOL were almost retired before the season and quite aged. Dumb roster construction in what should've been an all-out go for it year. That's without looking at other spots.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agree and I'm pretty close to what Krang is saying. I think the will to win is there, but he probably needs to make some changes to his approach to the game. I'm saying he'll figure it out because I think he really does want to win a championship, even though it might take life beating him over the head some to make him learn the necessary lessons.

I guess you question how much he wants it, and that's fine Stout. Debating that probably wouldn't be super productive. :)
I think he wants it desperately but can't get out of his own stupid way to even learn how to get it. Pride cometh before the fall and whatnot. Then again, I have questioned his heart in-game. Perhaps he has the heart for the physical side of the game but not the mental side? Eh, hard to say.

But that's what I like about you, Crimson: the ability for us to politely agree to disagree :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is enlightening.

How can he be this bad vs cover 1? It's one of the most common in the league. And he's played against it every year.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well I do know we have been in pretty much every game. And we haven’t been near full strength. Not even close. Offensive line is in Shambles. Wr core just now sort of together. QB been down. RB been hurt.
CBs down. Just like to see when we all are on the field. I think we are talented. Player for player there is not a lot of difference. Philly just became good. But no injuries. Other teams have sucked too. Tampa. Denver. Rams. I mean the Tams won a Super Bowl and now are terrible. It happens.
Keep trying to convince yourself that we're anywhere close to that team this year, let alone next season

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Would like to see us draft Kentucky QB Will Levis in the second round as our insurance policy on Kyler. Guy has a big arm and is a very good runner. He’s 6-3 230 so he’s got everything going for him. He could go first round but I don’t think the Cards would take there.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Nick Bosa is, without a doubt, one of the best players in the league. Amazing that all Keim had to do was draft Bosa and tank for a season with Josh Rosen.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would like to see us draft Kentucky QB Will Levis in the second round as our insurance policy on Kyler. Guy has a big arm and is a very good runner. He’s 6-3 230 so he’s got everything going for him. He could go first round but I don’t think the Cards would take there.
lol you realize the guy is projected to go top 5 in the draft, right?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Watching TNF

Purdy. Mr Irrelevant. Slinging it.

Attitude and system.

We have neither.

I hate this franchise.

I don’t think that Purdy is a starter in the League, but definitely a game manager who is ready to step up whenever needed and win games. I think he will end up having a very solid career. But to see Nick Bosa take over game after game and dominate when he was clearly the number one overall pick in the Kyler Draft hurts.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Purdy is for sale- not. Whoever the GM is there is damn good. Unbelievable.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think that Purdy is a starter in the League, but definitely a game manager who is ready to step up whenever needed and win games. I think he will end up having a very solid career. But to see Nick Bosa take over game after game and dominate when he was clearly the number one overall pick in the Kyler Draft hurts.
I'm not too salty about not taking Bosa. He looks amazing right now and Kyler is out injured, but I remember in 2020 Kyler looked amazing while Bosa was out injured. Bosa tore his ACL and missed a whole season too.

I like Purdy. Purdy already has more deep ball touchdown passes than Jimmy G this season, he's making fewer bone headed mistakes/turnovers than Jimmy G and he's looked a LOT better than Trey "3 first round picks" Lance.

Maybe he will falter like Nick Mullens; he is being put into the second easiest situation to succeed in the league (Eagles 1st). But to me I think he's looks better than the other 2 QBs the 49ers have run out the past few years and he genuinely looked amazing his junior year in college. I think Purdy is going to stick.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
You sound like the Suns fans and Luka. :)
Purdy is for sale- not. Whoever the GM is there is damn good. Unbelievable.
the system works

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nick Bosa is, without a doubt, one of the best players in the league. Amazing that all Keim had to do was draft Bosa and tank for a season with Josh Rosen.

They wouldn't have drafted him without Kyler. Keim has always been married to 3-4 for some reason and Bosa is a pure DE.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s not Purdy, it’s Shanahan’s system. Rosen could be a pro-bowler in it. It’s run-oriented so the offense isn’t put on the qb’s shoulders. Purdy would suck here with no Trent Williams and McCaffrey.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not Purdy, it’s Shanahan’s system. Rosen could be a pro-bowler in it.
Nope.

Rosen was active for the 49ers for their final two games, but did not see any action. On February 8, 2021, the 49ers signed him to a one-year contract extension.[92] On August 17, 2021, after struggling to compete for the third quarterback spot behind Garoppolo and 2021 first round draft pick Trey Lance, Rosen was waived by the 49ers.
...dave