Movies grown men cry during....

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
I freaking LOVE Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I absolutely ADORE it.

I could watch it over and over and over. And then over again.

D-Dogg's rec in his movie-a-day really set the wheels going for me to rent it - and I ended up loving it.

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe that movie

That IS a great movie.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
War movies always get me. "We Were Soldiers" when Mel Gibson's character comes home, but his wife only sees the cab and thinks it's the cabbie with another Western Union telegram, this time for her.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
A League of Their Own always gets my eyes a little watery when the younger sister is rounds third and runs over the older sister to win the World Series.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last movies I cried at;

Finding Neverland
Saving Private Ryan
War of the Worlds (because I paid $5.50 to see it)

A-Bomb

:lmao:

I still need to watch Brian's Song.

Braveheart and Gladiator both are pretty intense.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I haven't truely cried in about 5 yrs and probably another 10 yrs before that( i may need therapy) but for the sake of this thread:
"Cast Away" (when Hanks is talking to his buddy about losing Kelly near the end)

"Good Will Hunting" (M. Damon & R. Williams last therapy session)

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Man on Fire". When Creasy gives his life for Pita's.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is esotsp that really good?

Yes. Absolutely it is. Charlie Kaufman is a freaking national treasure...he's that good of a writer. Adaptation is better written, IMO, but ESOTSM is just a well written and beautifully filmed movie.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"When Savannah Smiles"

I was young - and I just couldn't help myself.

Actually, I cry quite easily. :cry: :blush:

Usually it is just a welling of tears, not full-fledged bawling - thank goodness.

Someone earlier mentioned the "Star Spangled Banner" - I "well up" nearly every time!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Absolutely it is. Charlie Kaufman is a freaking national treasure...he's that good of a writer. Adaptation is better written, IMO, but ESOTSM is just a well written and beautifully filmed movie.

I have owned this movie a good 4 or 5 years, and never watched it. Next time Linda and I watch a movie together, it will be this one.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adaptation is good, epting the end. ESOSM is more solid.

I can't think of a weepy movie. I got misty at some point in Memphis Belle for some reason I think. I was also sad when they froze Han Solo.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I cried the first time I saw Braveheart and he yelled out "freedom" at the end.

That was the only time I'd ever cried during a movie since I saw Bambi's Mom die the first time when I was 5. Now that I'm a father and the sight of my daughter smiling at me everyday has my emotions running as wild as a teenage girl's I well up over almost anything family related and 100% anything father daughter related.

Carrie Underwood singing "American Girl" on SNL the other night had me teary for Pete's sake. My entire outlook on life has been flipped and turned upside down Fresh Prince style.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
To me, it isn't even close. Brian's Song is by far the saddest movie I have ever seen. I've seen it so many times and I get choked up every time. Rudy always causes a little tear when he gets on the field.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I've only cried in one movie as a young adult/adult: Awakenings.

As a kid: Pharlap and Fox and the Hound.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Rookie with Dennis Quaid made me cry. I wasn't expecting to cry at that movie but there were a few scenes that got me all choked up.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brians Song, Field of Dreams, Remember the Titans, Gladiator, shoot any sports type movie that has something terrible happen to someone gets me a little choked up. Cinderella man when his kids are starving and freezing and he wins and gets some money...sad. Oooh just thought of a good one Denzel getting ready to shoot himself in the head so they can take his heart and give it to his child in John Q, wow intense movie. So many movies if your a movie buff and really get into the movies its hard not to get choked up with anything really sad or patriotic.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Rocky", and the beginning sequence in "Saving Private Ryan".

It was more shock and awe for me. More like shock and awesome. This is the first movie I am going to try out with my new sub next week. Transformers after that.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
It was more shock and awe for me. More like shock and awesome. This is the first movie I am going to try out with my new sub next week. Transformers after that.

I'm talking about the part with the elder Jim Ryan when he basically asks his wife if he has earned the life he led...not the storming of Omaha beach.