Movies grown men cry during....

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i saw saving private ryan again over the weekend and i had tears in my eye in almost all the major scenes.

same thing with independence day when the dad crashes his plane into the big alien ship.

pretty much anything dying with honor or for your country really gets me. :)

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
same thing with independence day when the dad crashes his plane into the big alien ship.

Sorry but that scene is hilarious.

I don't know how else to deal with the Randy Quaid's "Hi boys, I'm Back!" line.

Now the scene after when his kid is talking to the Air Force guy I can understand some tears.

Then again this isn't a thread about what makes women cry. :p

:D

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rocky 4. I was crying not because it was sad, but the ending was so bad I had to cry, cry out laughing. :biglaugh:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
AI. The scene when Haley Joel Osment's mom abandons him in the woods and at the end when the teddy bear pulls the mom's hair out of his pocket that he had kept all those centuries.

Man, that movie just gets to me. After I left the theater the first time I saw it, I freakin' broke down and sobbed like a 3-year-old girl. Scary.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
i saw saving private ryan again over the weekend and i had tears in my eye in almost all the major scenes.

What was the one with the 4 old men that went to space? Clint, Tommy, Sutherland & uh, the guy from Rockford files...what the heck is his name??? Its on the tip of my tongue, Dangit! Anyway, that movie was great too. When Tommy Lee Jones did what he had to do...

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
marathon_mom said:
What was the one with the 4 old men that went to space? Clint, Tommy, Sutherland & uh, the guy from Rockford files...what the heck is his name??? Its on the tip of my tongue, Dangit! Anyway, that movie was great too. When Tommy Lee Jones did what he had to do...

I think it was Space Cowboys...does that sound right? I know what movie you're talkin' about--good movie! :thumbup:

Hordispack

Veteran
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Life as a House
My Life

My Life with Michael Keaton...saddest movie I have ever seen. I cannot imagine any dad seeing it and not sobbing.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Yup. In fact, I almost always well up a little during the national anthem.

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Black Hawk Down?

Oooh, good one! I realize I'm missing the appropriate equipment to weigh in on this thread, but FWIW, this movie really got to me! It started on my 21st birthday, and watching the movie I just kept thinking how I was out enjoying life, oblivious to what our soldiers were going through--it really struck a chord. Thanks again to all the soldiers who keep our country safe and protect our freedoms so that so many of us can simply enjoy our youth!

:wipestear:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah you are dead on with My Life. I absolutely cried during that movie. Saddest movie ever!

How about Armageddon when Bruce Willis tricks Affleck into being the one that stays behind and dies to save the world. Then when the others make it back to earth and they all go up to Liv Tyler telling her what a hero he is and how hes the bravest man they ever knew?

That whole scene choked me up! :thumbup:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NSD_Blonde said:
How about Rudy? That one gets my husband every time...

Any movie where somebody starts a chant and the "slow clap" is a good one in my book

OP
OP
SouthNZoneFan

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Any movie where somebody starts a chant and the "slow clap" is a good one in my book

:thumbup:

Good point.. I loved that part of the movie....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little Giants - when the father (who is always overloaded with work and can't pay attention to this son) gets to the field just in time to see the son score a TD in the big game and the son keeps running out of the endzone and into his arms - yeah - that hit the softie inside of me. Then again - I was smoking A LOT of pot back in those days, so maybe I was a bit more emotional.

Field of Dreams - is there any man who deons't shed a bit of a tear at the end of that movie?

Color Purple - after all the hell that Sadie goes through in that movie - to finally be brought back together with her sister, her long lost children, all with a somewhat redeemed piece of crap Danny Glover off int he distance, knowing that he FINALLY did right - well - that scene just gets the crap out of me also.

"Mama - mama boomchi!" That line always gets the tears flowing.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Little Giants - when the father (who is always overloaded with work and can't pay attention to this son) gets to the field just in time to see the son score a TD in the big game and the son keeps running out of the endzone and into his arms - yeah - that hit the softie inside of me. Then again - I was smoking A LOT of pot back in those days, so maybe I was a bit more emotional.

The Annexation of Puerto Rico!

Field of Dreams is a given.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
The ending of La Bamba is the saddest moment ever.

NOT MY RICHIE!!!!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92