Movie-A-Day #416: The Sandlot

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this last week on Netflix instant watch and it brought back a lot of good memories. This movie is a classic kids movie with so many quotable lines. I hope my future kiddos will like this movie as much as I did.

"You're killing me, Smalls!"

"For-ev-er, for-ev-er."

From Amazon.com
When egghead Scotty Smalls moves to town just before the summer vacation of 1962, his first priority is to make friends. He heads to the nearby sandlot only to humiliate himself before the local kids, but star player Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez befriends the awkward boy, teaches him the basics of baseball, and welcomes him to the team. It's a summer filled with camaraderie and fun until Smalls hits his first home run. Problem is, Smalls's home run sends his stepfather's "Babe Ruth" autographed baseball into a neighboring yard that's patrolled by a snarling, slobbering monster called "The Beast." Creativity reigns and hilarity ensues when the boys risk everything to retrieve the ball. A final heroic encounter with "The Beast" and his owner yields some very surprising results. Action, humor, and friendship permeate this 101-minute film appropriate for ages 5 and older. Rated PG due to name-calling and some pubescent behavior. --Tami Horiuchi

Attachments

• sand.jpg
    sand.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 51

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good choice Kate LOVE LOVE this movie. An all time classic IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice little family movie, one that never seems to age.

Steve