More Reason To Take Jalen Carter Off The Board

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So, if Carter showed up in perfect shape and killed the workouts, you’d be good with drafting him?
I'd rather have Anderson, but I think this board would be super torn and I doubt there'd be talk of trading down. I'd still be concerned with the lack of production but might, at that point, be willing to be carried along with the pick. I have to say, it makes a lot of sense why he couldn't stay on the field, couldn't do much with his supposed domination, etc. Sounds like a terrifically gifted athlete who doesn't give a rat's ass.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
If he's not smart enough/motivated enough to work out for the most important moment of his burgeoning career--a mistake that probably cost him millions and millions of dollars--what makes anyone think he'll be motivated enough to put in the needed work during his career? He was a beast--except he wasn't because he didn't show it in any meaningful statistical way--on a college football field, but is now showing he doesn't care enough to try. That doesn't project well.
He does have some good film but I agree that he has really put some doubts about just how much he cares about football. I think he has taken himself out of the top ten. Because of his talent I still think he goes in the 10-15 range.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much talk about a guy that there is zero chance the Cards pick him. I doubt the Cards would pick him in round 2 much less 1.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'd rather have Anderson, but I think this board would be super torn and I doubt there'd be talk of trading down. I'd still be concerned with the lack of production but might, at that point, be willing to be carried along with the pick. I have to say, it makes a lot of sense why he couldn't stay on the field, couldn't do much with his supposed domination, etc. Sounds like a terrifically gifted athlete who doesn't give a rat's ass.
i have a slight similar feeling Stout but you are real from all your post and can agree that to say he does not give a rat's ass is not logical when a guy is mentioned at one time or another in the top five selections of the NFL draft... a terrifically gifted YOUNG athlete :)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
agreed. We would be having Bosa vs Quinnen Williams debates left and right.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
i have a slight similar feeling Stout but you are real from all your post and can agree that to say he does not give a rat's ass is not logical when a guy is mentioned at one time or another in the top five selections of the NFL draft... a terrifically gifted YOUNG athlete :)
True, he is you. But this isn't a Tunsil or a Sapp situation; I don't recall them being so out of shape they couldn't even finish their workout.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am more inclined to believe Carters problems are more mental from all the scrutiny he has been through . If he is there with our 2nd it is worth the gamble !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson