Monty Williams Fired (Hired by Detroit)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the video of Monty Williams' press conference.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It does, but $70 million buys a lot of balls. I wish the best for his wife ...didn't know he was remarried.

Yeah he got remarried like a year or two after his first wife passed. Apparently the woman he married was a good friend of his and his wife and while grieving together it led to a relationship. Seemed quick until I read the details about having known her for a long time as a friend.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah he got remarried like a year or two after his first wife passed. Apparently the woman he married was a good friend of his and his wife and while grieving together it led to a relationship. Seemed quick until I read the details about having known her for a long time as a friend.

Even though his first is gone, getting together with a friend of both, just seems like cheating. I know it’s not though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even though his first is gone, getting together with a friend of both, just seems like cheating. I know it’s not though.

I get what you're saying. I read up on it back when we hired Monty and felt similarly when I learned of it but the more I read and got to understand Monty's character, I don't see that. I think the only reason he remarried is because it was someone familiar to his family. Not that his previous wife gave her blessing but having her as a longtime friend sort of showed she respected the woman. At first glance though it can definitely seem a little sketchy though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked with seniors. This is not as uncommon as you would think. Sometimes it can be a sister of the deceased wife even.
Yeah and not just with seniors. The numbers were in Monty's favor to wed again. Shared grief often brings people together. Widowed father's with small children will often re-marry soon. Widows and widowers that had good marriages are very likely to re-marry. And it seems to me that a man trying to raise a family alone is quite likely to bond with someone already within his close circle.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In Catholicism it was viewed the opposite.

Henry VIII had to bribe the Pope for permission to marry his brother's widow, and when she failed to produce an heir he blamed it on having married his brother's wife and the Pope granted an annulment. Lucky her... the rest of Henry the VIII's marriages ended a bit more "messy".

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
In Catholicism it was viewed the opposite.

Henry VIII had to bribe the Pope for permission to marry his brother's widow, and when she failed to produce an heir he blamed it on having married his brother's wife and the Pope granted an annulment. Lucky her... the rest of Henry the VIII's marriages ended a bit more "messy".
There were some cultures where you were obligated to marry your brother's wife, especially if he was elder to you. I think Vikings, and maybe Amish. I know I have seen it a couple different scenarios in movies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard