Reaction score
12-28 ... Pistons up by 19 pts at halftime over Boston. Lose in OT by 6

Loss //////# 28 The beat goes on,,,

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Quote from another source....

"Detroit was down 6 points with 1 minute to go:

Ivey took the ball to the rim and scored while getting fouled (Detroit down 3)

Boston misses their shot, Ivey takes ball to the corner and makes a clutch 3 tying the game.

Boston misses again giving Detroit the chance to win it, what the great Monty Williams does? he calls a timeout and takes Ivey out."

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
I mean Monty had a young player who scored 11 points in the first quarter against NO that he banished to the bench after the 1st quarter for more "girth". SUNS was way up at the time.

No matter who the youngish is, Monty gots no patience for them unless you look like the type he wants his daughter to marry. I am assuming his daughter told him oh he's cute then he proceeds to make it happen. LMAO.

Crazy it's being reported Detriot Management had to intervene just to get Ivey time (just like what happened at the Suns )

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Their next game is at home Saturday night against the Raptors. If they lose that one, they will set the NBA record and tie the NFL's Chicago Cardinals, who lost 29 straight from 1942-45, for the longest losing streak in major North American sports history.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Boston misses their shot, Ivey takes ball to the corner and makes a clutch 3 tying the game.

Boston misses again giving Detroit the chance to win it, what the great Monty Williams does? he calls a timeout and takes Ivey out."

I see Monty is still trying to figure out when to call timeouts. How could he take out Ivey? Never mind.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their next game is at home Saturday night against the Raptors. If they lose that one, they will set the NBA record and tie the NFL's Chicago Cardinals, who lost 29 straight from 1942-45, for the longest losing streak in major North American sports history.

I guess if you are going to set a record, be the best at it.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
I see Monty is still trying to figure out when to call timeouts. How could he take out Ivey? Never mind.
Get the timeout. Good come up with a plan.

But you ride a hot Ivey to the end & the timeout is to tell him if you don't have it do this or that. If none of works fine, if he doesn't do what he's told fine (remember my memory is long son). But you don't take him out. At least he could be your decoy.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing I really don't understand about the mess in Detroit is they hired Monty, fine, and pay him a boatload of money, whatever, but they have him as just coach. He's known for having his style of player and clearly he doesn't like Ivey. Why didn't Detroit move Ivey? For the money Monty is making, he should be GM also and then you put the full load on his shoulders. Instead they're forcing players on him and devaluing their young assets like Ivey as well.

The whole Detroit situation is a mess.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Imagine being quite possibly the worst team ever and this being the payoff:
You must be registered for see images attach

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
StatMamba
@StatMamba
Cade Cunningham over his last 5 games:

33.0 PPG
5.8 RPG
7.4 APG
2.6 3PM
56.9% FG

The only player in NBA history to put up those numbers over a 5-game span without winning a single game.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Classic Monty - "You're no son-in-law of mine!"

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Raptors almost clawed their way back. I'm not sure if it's a record of some sort but they scored 20 points in the final 1:03 of the game. That's just crazy.

Wow! I have no idea if it's a record but I've never seen it. I don't even know if I've seen both teams combine for that many points in the last 1:03 of a game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Wow! I have no idea if it's a record but I've never seen it. I don't even know if I've seen both teams combine for that many points in the last 1:03 of a game.
Reggie Miller had 8 points in last 9 seconds. That's as close as I can think of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson