MNF with the Mannings

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
not sure if all the guests the Mannings book know the premise or understand whats expected

Gronk was good for about 5 minutes, and then zoned out. Funny listening to Eli bust on him at the end.

Favre was.... totally unprepared. Again, the Mannings had to drag stuff out of him

Patrick Willis .. just ok

i dont know if they understand its okay to talk all over the play and more or less ignore game action from time to time.

Last week Russ Wilson was really good -- listening to three QBs talk game situation, defenses, etc was really interesting
And they are feeling it out as well. I appreciate they don't just want to get the same type of content or positional players or personalities.

I like this format because I think you actually learn NFL things about football vs a broadcast which just tells you what you can already see. Hearing two high level QBs talking about how 2-high S looks can be frustrating for a QB who wants to make plays is great. Following that up with why teams don't do it all the time is next level.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Hearing two high level QBs talking about how 2-high S looks can be frustrating for a QB who wants to make plays is great.
Peyton's rant on "they are insulting you by saying you wont be patient" with regard to two high S coverage

this is exactly what the Rams say to K1 twice a year, and I really expect most defenses to do the next 15 games:

shell zone, bend but dont break, keep K1 in the pocket, rally to him if he runs, force him to be patient and take the 5-7 yard completions, wait for the mistake

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I love it, I can't stand the regular MNF crew, the Mannings are great and so knowledgeable that it makes the game even more interesting since they explain things only a pro would know

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard