Mission Bay San Diego

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
We are pulling the RV trailer to San Diego next month for our annual trip to San Diego during spring break. My wife works for a school so she gets free passes to SeaWorld. We'll hit the park for a couple days and spend a few days hanging out on the beach. I can't wait! I need to find a few other things to do in SD...

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that Sea World gives free passes to teachers. We have to try to get there before the end of May.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
We are pulling the RV trailer to San Diego next month for our annual trip to San Diego during spring break. My wife works for a school so she gets free passes to SeaWorld. We'll hit the park for a couple days and spend a few days hanging out on the beach. I can't wait! I need to find a few other things to do in SD...

Lived down there for a year. Several options:

1. Go see the USS Midway; it's a floating naval museum. There are also several other ships there, including a Soviet Submarine. Worth the money, be prepared to walk a lot.

2. Go to the gas lamp district at night. It's a great place to eat and catch some entertainment.

3. Same for Little Italy, which is a doable walk from gas lamp, although it wasn't as crowded and doesn't have the same entertainment as gas lamp.

4. There is an air and space museum; I've never been.

5. There's also a market place right on the bay.

6. Coronado Island is fun, depending what's going on. I wouldn't even try to get an RV down those streets, though.

OP
OP
Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Lived down there for a year. Several options:

1. Go see the USS Midway; it's a floating naval museum. There are also several other ships there, including a Soviet Submarine. Worth the money, be prepared to walk a lot.

2. Go to the gas lamp district at night. It's a great place to eat and catch some entertainment.

3. Same for Little Italy, which is a doable walk from gas lamp, although it wasn't as crowded and doesn't have the same entertainment as gas lamp.

4. There is an air and space museum; I've never been.

5. There's also a market place right on the bay.

6. Coronado Island is fun, depending what's going on. I wouldn't even try to get an RV down those streets, though.

We toured the USS Midway. Spent 4-5 hours and saw everything it had to offer. Amazing ship. 50 years in service, pretty incredible.

Reactions: LVG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson