Miller once again does it again!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I know Miller hates Grace but it would’ve guaranteed Brown.
UA is heads and shoulders above those 2 schools even with the scandal looming, shame Brown won't take that into account. CAL couldn't do for Rabb what UA could have, same for Brown.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UA is heads and shoulders above those 2 schools even with the scandal looming, shame Brown won't take that into account. CAL couldn't do for Rabb what UA could have, same for Brown.

So ARizona could have let Rabb stay home 2 years and then get an NBA contract? That's why he went to Cal he promised his mom he'd be home until his younger brother graduated HS, he did, and then he still got paid. He'd have won more games at UA, he made a promise to his mom.

All those rumors spread on UA boards about Rabb and cal really IMO painted a picture that people won't drop even now with UA smack in the middle of the FBI story.

Brown is just a different kind of kid, I am fascinated that Arizona got back in with him his father was pretty clear when they dropped UA. He clearly did it because of the FBI story, so somehow Miller convinced him that's a non issue for him to add them back.

Musselman has Bay Area and Sac ties that's why Nevada is in there. He's also the best pure coach of any of the 3 HC's involved, Brown will learn more playing for him than he would the other 2. That's not a knock on Miller, it's just reality Musselman is terrific at developing players, they get better under him, Brown has NBA talent and Musselman would develop him. It's also much closer to home than Arizona is.

I think Cal would be horrible for him, so far the HC has shown nothing, and Grace is just a recruiter not a coach. Brown had lower competition in HS until his senior year, he needs a good developer of talent, Cal doesn't have one.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So ARizona could have let Rabb stay home 2 years and then get an NBA contract? That's why he went to Cal he promised his mom he'd be home until his younger brother graduated HS, he did, and then he still got paid. He'd have won more games at UA, he made a promise to his mom.

All those rumors spread on UA boards about Rabb and cal really IMO painted a picture that people won't drop even now with UA smack in the middle of the FBI story.

Brown is just a different kind of kid, I am fascinated that Arizona got back in with him his father was pretty clear when they dropped UA. He clearly did it because of the FBI story, so somehow Miller convinced him that's a non issue for him to add them back.

Musselman has Bay Area and Sac ties that's why Nevada is in there. He's also the best pure coach of any of the 3 HC's involved, Brown will learn more playing for him than he would the other 2. That's not a knock on Miller, it's just reality Musselman is terrific at developing players, they get better under him, Brown has NBA talent and Musselman would develop him. It's also much closer to home than Arizona is.

I think Cal would be horrible for him, so far the HC has shown nothing, and Grace is just a recruiter not a coach. Brown had lower competition in HS until his senior year, he needs a good developer of talent, Cal doesn't have one.
Could Rabb have gone higher in draft had he come to UA, guess we’ll never know.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could Rabb have gone higher in draft had he come to UA, guess we’ll never know.

Did Ashley, Tarc or Jerrett help their draft status at UA?

It just bugs me that because of the narrative put out by "insiders" when Rabb picked Cal, he was paid, he was afraid to compete, there's still this perception among UA fans that he did the wrong thing going to Cal and harmed his career.

2017/18 $950,000
2018/19 $1,378,242
2019/20 $1,618,520

That's what Hoops hype has for his 3 year salary in memphis. I'm assuming he'll make more money in those 3 years combined than Ashley, Tarc and Jerrett make over the same 3 years, all 3 put together.

Just a personal thing with me but the bad mouth of Rabb on Arizona boards back then has stuck, insiders created this perception that looks pretty hilarious in hindsight given the FBI story.

Insiders were mad because he was "supposed" to go to ARizona as part of the Soldiers pipeline.

one of the guys I know here in Sac is a coach and he's the one that told me years ago why Rabb was going to Cal. he knows Lou Richie(HS coach) very well and Richie told him Rabb promised his mom he'd stay home for 2 years until his brother graduated and that's precisely what he did. He might have harmed his draft status by coming back for a 2nd year but he had promised his mom.

Just a pet peeve of mine with Rabb.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Rabb’s mistake was not going pro after one year whether that wasn’t part of his plan or not. Cal had talent that year with Jaylen Brown, Tyrone Wallace and Jordan Matthews. The next year Brown is OAD, Wallace graduates and Matthews transfers to Gonzaga making Cal irrelevant and Rabb the lone wolf.

Justin Coleman committed to AZ on his visit. Arizona is 10-deep now without B-Will or Brown. Who saw that a month ago?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It just bugs me that because of the narrative put out by "insiders" when Rabb picked Cal, he was paid, he was afraid to compete, there's still this perception among UA fans that he did the wrong thing going to Cal and harmed his career.

2017/18 $950,000
2018/19 $1,378,242
2019/20 $1,618,520

That's what Hoops hype has for his 3 year salary in memphis. I'm assuming he'll make more money in those 3 years combined than Ashley, Tarc and Jerrett make over the same 3 years, all 3 put together.

Just a personal thing with me but the bad mouth of Rabb on Arizona boards back then has stuck, insiders created this perception that looks pretty hilarious in hindsight given the FBI story.

Insiders were mad because he was "supposed" to go to ARizona as part of the Soldiers pipeline.

one of the guys I know here in Sac is a coach and he's the one that told me years ago why Rabb was going to Cal. he knows Lou Richie(HS coach) very well and Richie told him Rabb promised his mom he'd stay home for 2 years until his brother graduated and that's precisely what he did. He might have harmed his draft status by coming back for a 2nd year but he had promised his mom.

2017/18 $950,000
2018/19 $1,378,242
2019/20 $1,618,520

Apples to oranges as it was obvious that Jerrett was overranked coming out of HS and Ashley’s skill set would not translate into the NBA. Tarc didn’t really live up to his hype either. To be honest I haven’t seen clips of Brown so I don’t know if he is a better prospect than Rabb. The debate is would Rabb have been featured more or developed differently under Miller than Martin. Again, will never know now but as mentioned in post above, Rabb stayed in school one year too long and there were better prospects in the draft the year he came out.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rabb’s mistake was not going pro after one year whether that wasn’t part of his plan or not. Cal had talent that year with Jaylen Brown, Tyrone Wallace and Jordan Matthews. The next year Brown is OAD, Wallace graduates and Matthews transfers to Gonzaga making Cal irrelevant and Rabb the lone wolf.

Justin Coleman committed to AZ on his visit. Arizona is 10-deep now without B-Will or Brown. Who saw that a month ago?

If he gets Williams and Brown it'd be a pretty remarkable recovery.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apples to oranges as it was obvious that Jerrett was overranked coming out of HS and Ashley’s skill set would not translate into the NBA. Tarc didn’t really live up to his hype either. To be honest I haven’t seen clips of Brown so I don’t know if he is a better prospect than Rabb. The debate is would Rabb have been featured more or developed differently under Miller than Martin. Again, will never know now but as mentioned in post above, Rabb stayed in school one year too long and there were better prospects in the draft the year he came out.

All 3 of those kids were projected 1st rounders when they got to Arizona. Maybe not 1 and done but first rounders, none of them got picked in the first round, and to my knowledge none of the have played at all in the NBA. It's impossible to argue Rabb might have developed better under Miller when he had 3 kids right before Rabb got to college who went from projected 1st rounders to not in the NBA under Miller.

I'm not blaming Miller mind you just saying he wasn't able to get any of those 3 into the NBA so why would I believe Rabb would have been drafted higher if he played for Miller?

Rabb likely goes higher as a freshman because the draft was weaker, but had he declared and worked out for teams and been evaluated the same knocks would have come up. When he stayed at Cal he said I was told by NBA people 6-14 in the first round if I came out, I wanted another year to be prepared to stick in the NBA, I didn't want just one contract.

So if he was told the truth he fell from lottery to 2nd round, but again the NBA evaluation came off his college season, not combine and personal workouts. When he left Cal as a soph he was projected first rounder, DE had him 22, Chad Ford had him 19th the day he declared. He wound up going #35 overall. So it's entirely possible he wasn't actually a lottery pick as a freshman either, but I think he probably stayed first round that year.

he lost money by staying in school clearly but I don't think it's clear at all he made a mistake picking Cal.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
All 3 of those kids were projected 1st rounders when they got to Arizona. Maybe not 1 and done but first rounders, none of them got picked in the first round, and to my knowledge none of the have played at all in the NBA. It's impossible to argue Rabb might have developed better under Miller when he had 3 kids right before Rabb got to college who went from projected 1st rounders to not in the NBA under Miller.

I'm not blaming Miller mind you just saying he wasn't able to get any of those 3 into the NBA so why would I believe Rabb would have been drafted higher if he played for Miller?

Rabb likely goes higher as a freshman because the draft was weaker, but had he declared and worked out for teams and been evaluated the same knocks would have come up. When he stayed at Cal he said I was told by NBA people 6-14 in the first round if I came out, I wanted another year to be prepared to stick in the NBA, I didn't want just one contract.

So if he was told the truth he fell from lottery to 2nd round, but again the NBA evaluation came off his college season, not combine and personal workouts. When he left Cal as a soph he was projected first rounder, DE had him 22, Chad Ford had him 19th the day he declared. He wound up going #35 overall. So it's entirely possible he wasn't actually a lottery pick as a freshman either, but I think he probably stayed first round that year.

he lost money by staying in school clearly but I don't think it's clear at all he made a mistake picking Cal.

Miller has had three top-10 picks at Rabb’s position and Williams/Rondae came back for year two and improved their stock. Hard to believe he wouldn’t have been better playing two years for Miller instead of Martin.

Lol I thought Tarc would be a Hansborough type player and was pretty excited about him. Ashley had an epic mixtape for the Soldiers and literally thought he’d be incredible. Had Ashley gone somewhere else maybe he ends up a better player but Tarc would’ve been a 3-4 year decent college career regardless of where he went. Jarrett would’ve been perfect for that 2014 team that was great defensively but couldn’t shoot. Add York and that class definitely underachieved.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miller has had three top-10 picks at Rabb’s position and Williams/Rondae came back for year two and improved their stock. Hard to believe he wouldn’t have been better playing two years for Miller instead of Martin.

Lol I thought Tarc would be a Hansborough type player and was pretty excited about him. Ashley had an epic mixtape for the Soldiers and literally thought he’d be incredible. Had Ashley gone somewhere else maybe he ends up a better player but Tarc would’ve been a 3-4 year decent college career regardless of where he went. Jarrett would’ve been perfect for that 2014 team that was great defensively but couldn’t shoot. Add York and that class definitely underachieved.

I'll give you Derrick Williams because he played the 4(and the 5) in college but you can't actually be saying Gordon and Johnson played the same position as Rabb? Gordon was absolutely a 3 at Arizona until Ashley got hurt and he had to, against his wishes, play the 4. He's a 4 now but it took years for the Magic to persuade him that's the best spot for him. I've been arguing that for years he's playing the wrong spot because he wants to be a 3. Stanley was a 3.

Rabb was a 4 who could play some 5 in college, totally different player than either Johnson or Gordon, Rabb was a post player they were more wings.

Again I'm not blaming Miller for Tarc, I said he was overrated when he signed, good defender limited offense bad hands. Jerrett made a bad decision but he did it entirely because Miller played him at backup 5 and he'd made it clear he didn't want to play that because he felt it wasn't his NBA position.

Rabb is what he is, the NBA was always going to have issues with his lack of athleticism and lack of range on his shot.
He didn't play a ton of minutes, or games, but he shot 57% overall 80 FT, pulled 13 rebounds per 40, blocked 1.2 per 40. He actually had a good rookie year for a 2nd round pick. His issue wasn't lack of coaching, he's just a limited athlete.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'll give you Derrick Williams because he played the 4(and the 5) in college but you can't actually be saying Gordon and Johnson played the same position as Rabb? Gordon was absolutely a 3 at Arizona until Ashley got hurt and he had to, against his wishes, play the 4. He's a 4 now but it took years for the Magic to persuade him that's the best spot for him. I've been arguing that for years he's playing the wrong spot because he wants to be a 3. Stanley was a 3.

Rabb was a 4 who could play some 5 in college, totally different player than either Johnson or Gordon, Rabb was a post player they were more wings.

Again I'm not blaming Miller for Tarc, I said he was overrated when he signed, good defender limited offense bad hands. Jerrett made a bad decision but he did it entirely because Miller played him at backup 5 and he'd made it clear he didn't want to play that because he felt it wasn't his NBA position.

Rabb is what he is, the NBA was always going to have issues with his lack of athleticism and lack of range on his shot.
He didn't play a ton of minutes, or games, but he shot 57% overall 80 FT, pulled 13 rebounds per 40, blocked 1.2 per 40. He actually had a good rookie year for a 2nd round pick. His issue wasn't lack of coaching, he's just a limited athlete.

Markannen not Stanley. Gordon was a 4 after the Ashley injury.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Markannen not Stanley. Gordon was a 4 after the Ashley injury.

I forgot about Lauri but again totally different player, he's a 3 point shooter not a post player.

Rabb was a post, the only post that Miller has put into the first round was Ayton who is just a complete freak of nature, nothing like Rabb.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Brandon Williams announcing Saturday at 3:30pm. Ready for this to be over.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They said in the radio that Coleman is saying a secret commit is going to the UofA. I wonder who that is?

TJ

Reaction score
Saw that Coleman tweet a few days ago. Not sure who the player would be; and if it were Williams, where’s the connection? Coleman is from Alabama and is 4-years older than Williams.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess we'll see who's right, Oregon sites saying Williams is picking Oregon, UA friend messaged me today that he hears he's picking Arizona from insiders.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Now if Miller can get Brown to commit.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crow served this way. Pretty damn impressive to bounce back like this after what went down.

Still not a fan of Miller as a coach, but my lord, the guy can recruit like a mother.

TJ

Reaction score
Apparently it was us versus Gonzaga. Oregon was out.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty remarkable, kids who decommit almost never seem to commit again, I know Bayless did too but it's very rare.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard