Miller once again does it again!

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Big get/back for us. Brown would make this a top 5-10 recuiting class nationally, that's huge.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wow absolutely huge get. And not only for the talent, but for AZ rep and any perceptions out in recruitingland.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He took an unofficial to UNR yesterday

Sounds like being close to home is important to him. Nevada will probably better than Arizona next year and Musselman is an up & comer. Not getting the hopes up here.

They’re still in on Parker Braun who is in that Mitch Lightfoot caliber of prospect. I’d still take him.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He took an unofficial to UNR yesterday
So he did that so he still has an "official" visit left? He says he plans on deciding within the next couple of weeks so Miller would need to work fast to get him to visit if he is even planning to do so. He paid his own way to visit NEV, is that a good thing? Why visit a school on your own dime if you don't plan on going there? Maybe he wants all the stops pulled on him if he takes his last official to the school he is going to?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like being close to home is important to him. Nevada will probably better than Arizona next year and Musselman is an up & comer. Not getting the hopes up here.

They’re still in on Parker Braun who is in that Mitch Lightfoot caliber of prospect. I’d still take him.
If Caroline and the Martin twins don't come back, no way Nevada will be better than the UofA. If Brown were to commit to Miller, the Cats would be one of the top-3 teams in the Pac-12.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So he did that so he still has an "official" visit left? He says he plans on deciding within the next couple of weeks so Miller would need to work fast to get him to visit if he is even planning to do so. He paid his own way to visit NEV, is that a good thing? Why visit a school on your own dime if you don't plan on going there? Maybe he wants all the stops pulled on him if he takes his last official to the school he is going to?

His home is a few hours drive from UNR so if he really took an unofficial there it's just a matter of convenience.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His home is a few hours drive from UNR so if he really took an unofficial there it's just a matter of convenience.
Yeah but why not just take an official, why would you want to hold on to your last official visit with less than 2 weeks to your decision especially when you paid out of pocket to visit a school you've already visited unofficially 3 times? Just weird IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but why not just take an official, why would you want to hold on to your last official visit with less than 2 weeks to your decision especially when you paid out of pocket to visit a school you've already visited unofficially 3 times? Just weird IMO.

It's actually been a trend of late for kids to commit to schools they haven't even taken officials to, Arizona had 2-3 kids do that in the last 2 years. in Browns' case he's been on campus at Reno several times before, going back to his freshman year of HS. So outside of the cost of gas there's not much an official is going to show him that an unofficial won't. So why not leave the last official open for someone else I guess they figured.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's actually been a trend of late for kids to commit to schools they haven't even taken officials to, Arizona had 2-3 kids do that in the last 2 years. in Browns' case he's been on campus at Reno several times before, going back to his freshman year of HS. So outside of the cost of gas there's not much an official is going to show him that an unofficial won't. So why not leave the last official open for someone else I guess they figured.
Is STAN still in the running? It would make sense if he is holding last OV for STAN as supposedly STAN had to wait on his grades before they could move forward. Brown had a 3.6 GPA so maybe if he gets accepted, he uses visit, its close enough to home, now that would make sense.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Gershon just made a pick of Mannion to ARizona on 247. He also just picked Okongwu to USC, that decision to hire Mobley is going to get them both brothers and Okongwu apparently.

Mannion will be interesting, Josh is an Arizona guy but he's usually pretty clear he's picking what he thinks happens, not what he wants happens. I'd think Mannion would see Williams as bigger competition than he would Tyger Campbell, Josh has been saying of late that UCLA and UA seemed to be the leaders. I guess maybe this is the firing David Grace effect although Mannion is an Under Armour kid so that was presumably the biggest reason UCLA was in there, since he lives in Arizona. Really nice prospect I hope Josh is wrong (-:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Apparently Gershon just made a pick of Mannion to ARizona on 247. He also just picked Okongwu to USC, that decision to hire Mobley is going to get them both brothers and Okongwu apparently.

Mannion will be interesting, Josh is an Arizona guy but he's usually pretty clear he's picking what he thinks happens, not what he wants happens. I'd think Mannion would see Williams as bigger competition than he would Tyger Campbell, Josh has been saying of late that UCLA and UA seemed to be the leaders. I guess maybe this is the firing David Grace effect although Mannion is an Under Armour kid so that was presumably the biggest reason UCLA was in there, since he lives in Arizona. Really nice prospect I hope Josh is wrong (-:

Scheer, Snow and Daniels picked Mannion to AZ as well. He's only 10 credits from being eligible to reclassify to 2019. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a silent to Arizona at this point.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Williams and Mannion would be starting together in the backcourt.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumor has it Brown is officially visiting the UofA this weekend.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Williams and Mannion would be starting together in the backcourt.

Don’t know much about Mannion but looking his highlights and demeanor doesn’t strike me as a kid that’s scared to compete. That would be a great backcourt.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bear Down Wildcats.

I read that thread. They got the info from PPU, which has little credibility. Scheer and Gershon have both indicated that no such visit is scheduled and that Brown is all but committed to Nevada at the moment.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was pretty much the forgone conclusion after his third visit.

Yeah I'm just glad he finally got it over he went on and on with his recruitment. I really wanted him at UCLA, much prefer him over Shareef, but he just wasn't ready to commit and they got tired of waiting. Musselman could be very good for his career.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard