Miller is staying!!!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
how fun its going to be not going to a bowl for a 3rd consecutive year.

Either you're joking, or maybe you shouldn't be calling someone else out for a lack of knowledge. We may not be a legit Pac 10 title contender, but I would hope that you'd know that ASU (barring any more catastrophic injuries) is definitely expected to be eligible for a bowl game this year.

If not, would love to bet you on this, let me know.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Why you guys are even giving Tyler the time of day and responding? This guy wouldn't know a college basketball if it hit him in the head.

Let him get back to thinking about cool new uniforms and how fun its going to be not going to a bowl for a 3rd consecutive year.

Can't resist, homie. He's nerdy and too easy to pick on. Tookie Tyler (that's his former name, right?) displays way too much envy for UofA by referencing here and other parts of this board how he "thinks" ASU has an edge in sports (lol). We have some classy ASU fans on this board, but Tyler is a poor representative of the university.

:whip:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Let him get back to thinking about cool new uniforms and how fun its going to be not going to a bowl for a 3rd consecutive year.

Erickson has already achieved that feat. He will be going for the four-peat this season. :D

Don't be too hard on Tyler. He was all set to spout off about the demise of UA basketball, the UA job is a stepping-stone etc. and now he has to choke back down all that anger and envy he has towards the Cats. Must taste bitter.

:cats:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
From Miller's press conference today:

"We don't have to validate Arizona. It speaks for itself. It is one of the greatest places in the country to be at, period."

Says it all.

BEAR DOWN!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Erickson has already achieved that feat. He will be going for the four-peat this season. :D

Ha, hilarious that a U of A fan would make a comment about a bowl futility streak. Maybe you can explain to Devils fans how a ten-peat feels? I can say with a high degree of confidence we'll never have that sorry streak.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Who was the ASU fan here who had the now rather amsuing "Savior Watch" signature? lol.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Either you're joking, or maybe you shouldn't be calling someone else out for a lack of knowledge. We may not be a legit Pac 10 title contender, but I would hope that you'd know that ASU (barring any more catastrophic injuries) is definitely expected to be eligible for a bowl game this year.

If not, would love to bet you on this, let me know.

I'm pretty sure you guys were saying the same thing before 2008, 2009, and 2010.

I'm on record as saying I don't get where the hype on the Sun Devils coems from. I think it was part of their marketing program when they released new uniforms. I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a team be picked to win their conference based mostly on some last second losses the year before and a good but not great half of football from their Quarterback.

Makes no sense to me. When was the last time a team dominated this conference with JUST a defense? Never happened. Even the SC team of a few years back had NFL talent on offense and this Sun Devil defense is NO WHERE near that teams. Too many good Quarterback in the conference and you guys have no clue how Osweiler is going to play.

So no, I am not joking. Prove to me your even a bowl team. Like they say in gambling you should never bet against a streak. And as Renz pointed out (but a knowledgable fan such as yourself failed to mention) this one is actually going on Year 4. You suck even more then I thought.

So yeah I guess popular consensus is you guys COULD be good this season. But if I am looking at recent history, I wouldn't bet on it.

Ahh but who cares. We dodged a bullet this weekend. But in the end, we won because we are Arizona.

And your not ;)

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
And no I don't want to bet. You guys should go to a Bowl this year.

But its no sure thing and I certainly LMAO when I read some Devils predicting conference titles and 10 win seasons.

I will bet you on who finishes higher though, Arizona or Arizona State. Unlike you I LOVE my Quarterback and WR's and really thats what dictates winning in this conference.

Quarterbacks.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don't know what's more laughable, your logic or your math.

I'm pretty sure you guys were saying the same thing before 2008, 2009, and 2010.

Maybe before 2008, but certainly not before 09-10. You can be "pretty sure" of whatever you want, but maybe you can back it up with some evidence. I'm "pretty sure" I can find stupid predictions from delusional fans of both sides. They're equally irrelevant.

I'm on record as saying I don't get where the hype on the Sun Devils coems from. I think it was part of their marketing program when they released new uniforms. I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a team be picked to win their conference based mostly on some last second losses the year before and a good but not great half of football from their Quarterback.

Yep, you figured it out. College football prognosticators around the country are basing the hype solely around the fact we're wearing awesome new uni's!

Maybe you didn't watch much ASU football last year, but to predict they won't make a bowl just makes you look ignorant. You seem to ignore entirely the fact that we have a pretty good running game, and that our offense didn't have many problems scoring all year. Combine that with almost all starters returning and lots of depth, and almost everyone will have ASU in a bowl game. (Except for you, because you're just smarter than everyone else)

And as Renz pointed out (but a knowledgable fan such as yourself failed to mention) this one is actually going on Year 4. You suck even more then I thought.

Your math sucks even more than I thought. The 2007 team was co-Pac 10 champs. (Something you wouldn't know anything about) Very knowledgeable on your part though!

And even after Renz brings up a bowl futility streak, you trot it out again knowing you weren't in a bowl game for 10 YEARS? ASU football may have "sucked" over the last 3 years, (although you should ask Oregon and Stanford last year about that), but what is the term for a program that doesn't make a bowl game for 10 years? Don't pull that splinter out of my eye until you get that plank out of yours.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
:hijack:

I wonder how a thread about Miller and Maryland turned into an ASU v. UofA penis measuring contest.

I blame Tookie Tyler....

Ahh I love rivalries :p

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
:hijack:

I wonder how a thread about Miller and Maryland turned into an ASU v. UofA penis measuring contest.

I blame Tookie Tyler....

Ahh I love rivalries :p

Homey lets get this straight. Theres never a bad time, place, or moment to let Sun Devils know how much they suck :)

Besides this thread needs to die anyway. What a waste of a weekend.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
UA will do better than ASU next year in football, and I'll bet on that. Most draft gurus out there have Foles and Criner as top 20 picks (and add Buckner at WR as well to a stocked recieving corps). What does ASU have other than a decent run game and a walking personal foul? UA's only real weak spots next year is kicking, and the coach. ;)

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
UA will do better than ASU next year in football, and I'll bet on that. Most draft gurus out there have Foles and Criner as top 20 picks (and add Buckner at WR as well to a stocked recieving corps). What does ASU have other than a decent run game and a walking personal foul? UA's only real weak spots next year is kicking, and the coach. ;)

The Cats schedule, especially the first half is brutal. I'm hoping they can get out of the first half at 3-3. The defense is going to have to play over its head because they are very thin at linebacking. Stoops background of course is defense and it's a no-brainer he will be working a lot more with the D, especially now that Brown is no longer there.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back on track:

Maryland has offered the job to Mark Turgeon and he's leaning towards accepting

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6515713

Gotta imagine MD fans are ready to jump off bridges about now. Miller declines. Dixon declines. This is clearly "settling"

Well given that Katz reported Miller to Maryland was a "lock" I think I'll wait.

Am I the only one that feels old with this crap? I saw Miller and Turgeon play college ball, hell I remember Miller in those Olympic commercials as a kid dribbling the ball all over, the NCAA was actually going to strip his eligibility because of it at one point, and here he and Turgeon are established coaches.

Damn 45 is feeling old.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
The Cats schedule, especially the first half is brutal. I'm hoping they can get out of the first half at 3-3. The defense is going to have to play over its head because they are very thin at linebacking. Stoops background of course is defense and it's a no-brainer he will be working a lot more with the D, especially now that Brown is no longer there.

I'm with the other Oz on this one. Two Top 20 picks (and I have seen 15 on numerous lists) and you should be pretty damn good. Especially if one of those top picks is a Quarterback.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Back on track:

Maryland has offered the job to Mark Turgeon and he's leaning towards accepting

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6515713

Gotta imagine MD fans are ready to jump off bridges about now. Miller declines. Dixon declines. This is clearly "settling"

To be honest they have to. They did go after some big names but are running out of candidates. I thought they would get Brey but that must have fell through.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Sorry aj, a bit of a double whammy for you.

Turgeon is a good hrie for them. Probably not what the MD fanbase wanted or expected but in reality big names switching jobs doesn't happen all that much anymore.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Lot of irony that Maryland ended up taking the basketball coach from Byrnes Dad, who is AD at TAMU.

http://twitter.com/#!/greg_byrne

What the heck does the University of Maryland have against the Byrne family? ;-)

LMAO. Been a good week for Greg. Happy he made this happen.