Miller is staying!!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeff Goodman just tweeted this:

goodmanonfox Jeff Goodman
Sean Miller told FOXSports.com that he is staying at Arizona after meeting with Maryland earlier this afternoon.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Greg_Byrne Greg Byrne
Breaking news: Internet speculation wrong. Sean Miller is staying at Arizona as our hoops coach. #BearDown

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I feel like I just gave birth. Me loves me some Sean Miller. :)

Following the agreement, Miller responded with the following statement:

"I want everyone to know that I remain strongly committed to rebuilding Arizona into a championship program. Since arriving here two years ago, our staff has received a tremendous amount of support from the University of Arizona and Wildcat fans across the country. That support was one of the driving forces behind our Pac-10 championship this season.

"I am very pleased with my situation here at Arizona and feel that President Shelton, Greg Byrne and the UA have made every effort to provide our program with the tools necessary to be successful.

"In the last two years, we have done many things to strengthen the program from an improved locker room and practice facility, to our recruiting efforts. We will continue to work towards getting better in all areas as we move forward.

"Over the last two days, the amount of inaccuracies that surrounded this entire process has been very disappointing. Hopefully, this will put an end to such speculation. Believe me when I tell you, our administration has done everything to keep me here and ensure that this will be among the elite programs in the nation.

"I've said many times that I really liked the direction the new Pac-12 Conference is heading, and Wednesday's announcement says without a doubt that we are entering a new era of increased exposure and competitive excellence. I fully expect Arizona to be a leader for many years to come, and, with the help of our administration, continue to rise to the challenge in meeting the needs of our elite-level program.

"While it's flattering to be mentioned as a candidate for job openings, such speculation only means that our staff is doing great things here in Tucson."

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/050811aab.html

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats , best thing for the conference and I'm glad to see Miller recognized he's in a good situation.

Still won't be surprised if the AD gets fired over this eventually.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
So, I wonder if all the people knocking Byrne and Miller have retracted their former statements. Get used to having to overreact Tucson. Miller is a GREAT coach.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never got out of mind over this.. Knew Miller would stay.. But Byrnes needs to go.. He let this get bigger than it had to be..

:cats:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am so glad I was wrong. Someone brought up a good point, Miller said the whole reason for leaving Xavier to come to Arizona was a better opportunity to win a NT, to be honest it would have been harder when you have to compete with UNC & Duke every year for recruits. He will have his choice of recruits here. Hope Amy gets some help for her allergies, she is important for UA to keep Sean here. I wonder if UA would consider trying to lock him up on a Cal type deal, maybe continued tournament success and a NT will help.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Godfather offer always works.

I'll thank Byrne and my fellow alums and boosters for that. Bear Down and let's put up some banners.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Nearly losing a guy that was 1 shot away from hanging another banner doesnt remove Byrne from the heat. He nealy lost Miller, and im shocked he didnt. Byrne no longer runs anything connected to the bball program and thats a good thing, no matter how greeh he is.

Miller runs the AD, as he should, and this could have been taken care of over a month ago. More reasons why our boosters keep UA basketball in the spotlight, not our ADs, after Dempsey.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So, I wonder if all the people knocking Byrne and Miller have retracted their former statements. Get used to having to overreact Tucson. Miller is a GREAT coach.

Some should recant, but some facts still remain. Byrne has been way too focused on football to the point where he assumed hoops and Miller were self-sufficient. Miller was supposed to get an extension a month ago and didnt. There was some sort of rift, which caused him to either seek or entertain other offers, especially if it meant going back east

But at the end of the day, who cares? Miller is back and the PAC 12 2012 champs are still in place

:thewave:

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score
Probably no Maryland fans on this board, but just in case?

You must be registered for see images

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I thought Pastner was better? We won't have to worry about this until one of Kentucky, UNC, or Duke open up and the latter two will probably keep it in the family. We made Miller one of the top 5 paid coaches in basketball, he'll be around for awhile clowning your boy and the rest of the Pac-12.

Last edited:

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
I thought Pastner was better? We won't have to worry about this until one of Kentucky, UNC, or Duke open up and the latter two will probably keep it in the family. We made Miller one of the top 5 paid coaches in basketball, he'll be around for awhile clowning your boy and the rest of the Pac-12.

Yea because UA is on the same level as Kentucky, UNC and Duke.........:mulli:

TJ

Reaction score

Point to where he said that....

He indicated that we wont have to worry about jumping ship until one of those premier programs, such as Kentucky, Duke or UNC, has a HC vacancy.

At the same token, you cannot say Arizona is far off at all. 25 consecutive tourny appearances, four final 4s and a championship don't happen by accident.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score

He indicated that we wont have to worry about jumping ship until one of those premier programs, such as Kentucky, Duke or UNC, has a HC vacancy.

At the same token, you cannot say Arizona is far off at all. 25 consecutive tourny appearances, four final 4s and a championship don't happen by accident.

Insert the asterisk before of after the 25 consecutive tourny appearances anywhere you want. Your golden boy Lute was a proven cheater. I know as an ASU fan I shouldnt talk, but dont act like your NCAA Champ was earned. My dog can read better than Miles Simon.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Insert the asterisk before of after the 25 consecutive tourny appearances anywhere you want. Your golden boy Lute was a proven cheater. I know as an ASU fan I shouldnt talk, but dont act like your NCAA Champ was earned. My dog can read better than Miles Simon.

Proven cheater, typical jealous talk from a devil fan. :biglaugh: You do know ASU is the all-time penalized school? When you talk about ASU basketball, they're most famous for the point-shaving scandal. Something to be proud of. Also, my friend had Mario Bennett in one of his classes and said the kid was as dumb as a rock and did not even show up to finish his class in his last semester.

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score

And Miles Simon works as an analyst for ESPN U. Can your dog discuss college hoops on an intellectual level? Better yet, can you?

How deep did you have to dig for the most ridiculous uncorroborated rumor to ever be manifested? We won the championship 14 years ago and you still take offense to it? You are more of a UofA hater than an ASU fan, and you are awful at it. Way to represent Scummie nation well...

As for the "asterisk" (and ASU fans are the only ones who reference this), here is what we got punished for:

The NCAA contends that former Arizona assistant coaches Russ Pennell and Mike Dunlap violated bylaws by attending the Cactus Classic because, although they had not yet officially begun their work for Arizona, they should have technically been considered employees.
If you had an ounce of common sense, you would also believe that those sanctions are complete ********. As a matter of fact, both CBS sports and ESPN during the tourny this year still referenced UofA as having the 2nd longest streak ever.

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

The UofA is on a tier below them but with Miller in charge for a long time, the Cats will be climbing the list.

By the way, congrats to ASU for beating out Weber State for the Jacobsen kid.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28116552/ns/sports-college_basketball/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...llege-basketball-programs-of-all-time/page/12

Proven cheater, typical jealous talk from a devil fan. :biglaugh: You do know ASU is the all-time penalized school? When you talk about ASU basketball, they're most famous for the point-shaving scandal. Something to be proud of. Also, my friend had Mario Bennett in one of his classes and said the kid was as dumb as a rock and did not even show up to finish his class in his last semester.

And Miles Simon works as an analyst for ESPN U. Can your dog discuss college hoops on an intellectual level? Better yet, can you?

How deep did you have to dig for the most ridiculous uncorroborated rumor to ever be manifested? We won the championship 14 years ago and you still take offense to it? You are more of a UofA hater than an ASU fan, and you are awful at it. Way to represent Scummie nation well...

As for the "asterisk" (and ASU fans are the only ones who reference this), here is what we got punished for:

If you had an ounce of common sense, you would also believe that those sanctions are complete ********. As a matter of fact, both CBS sports and ESPN during the tourny this year still referenced UofA as having the 2nd longest streak ever.

Why you guys are even giving Tyler the time of day and responding? This guy wouldn't know a college basketball if it hit him in the head.

Let him get back to thinking about cool new uniforms and how fun its going to be not going to a bowl for a 3rd consecutive year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison