Mike Zimmer

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A few other options, whereas three of them have some sort of connection to the Cards:

Sean Desai was the assistant head coach of the Seahawks, but since Keim is gone, maybe there is not much of knowledge of the other NFC West-coaching staffs.

Jerod Mayo from the Patriots officially have the title of linebacker coach, and as such he is free to interview with other teams for a DC role. In reality he works as a de facto defensive coordinator. The connection to Ossenfort is obvious.

Jim Leonhard from Wisconsin has no connection to the Cards, but he is just really interesting.

Nick Rallis have had success as the Eagles linebacker coach, so it could easily be that Gannon wants to bring him.

-------------

As for the offensive coordinator, I think that Brian Johnson, the OC from Philly, would be very interesting. Of course, he have never called plays, but he just strikes me as a big talent.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Zimmer is a weird guy. At Minnesota, he tried to get heavily involved with the offense though he lacked the experience to be credible (note to Gannon). When Cousins got hurt, he threw the backup under the bus. He apparently became very bitter when the Vikings failed to win his last couple of years. That might be a concern since the Cards’ D is a rebuild. He certainly knows defense, but would he function well in the Cards’ environment.
Valid Concerns. Need a Zimmer to ensure to ensure Clubhouse mentality is not tolerated on defense.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Read somewhere that Sean Payton’s interested in Zimmer for DC in Denver…

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think some defensive coaches are better when they stay in their lane. I believe there is a different mindset when it comes to the defensive side of the ball vs the offensive side and some coaches (Zimmer) struggle to navigate that.
That was Buddy Ryan’s biggest problem.

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought he said that on who would be able to bring in? But either way I am hopeful. Really night and day difference from KK.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard