Mike Stoops spent 8 years dragging UA out of a hole, just so UA could throw him in 1

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona is 1-5, in last place in the Pac-12 South and as of tonight, it's without a head coach: After seven-and-a-half years, Mike Stoops has been officially fired, per a university release. He'll be replaced on an interim basis by defensive coordinator Tim Kish, and whatever sense of shame comes with exiling the man who led you out of the wilderness right back into it.
The negativity in Tucson — or, worse, the apathy — is no surprise: The Wildcats closed 2010 on a five-game losing streak, and have currently dropped five straight after an opening-day gimme against Northern Arizona, extending their losing streak against I-A/FBS opponents to ten games. That's bad, and the attendance at Arizona Stadium is beginning to look even worse. But in the short term, it's also more or less exactly what everyone expected: With a dozen new starters, an entirely new offensive line, a rash of preseason injuries and the most brutal early schedule in the country, they may as well have painted "REBUILDING YEAR, OK?" in the end zones.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...Ask34_9QBwZ4yMU_QET.YJk5nYcB?urn=ncaaf-wp7758

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Having an "entirely new o-line'' is the fault of Stoops. It's called not recruiting replacements.

Stoops is supposed to be a defensive coach and the defense is horrible.

Losing 10 straight FBS games will get most coaches fired, especially in his 8th year when you would expect a coach to have built a winning foundation.

The best QB in school history is being wasted on this train wreck. That's the real shame of this season.

They haven't just lost 5 in-a-row. The Cats haven't even been competetive. I think their last five game were all on national TV and they were blown out in every game. That's damaging to a program.

Anyone who follows college football knows that Stoops had to go. I appreciate that he was better than Mackovic, but it takes more than that to succeed at this level.

I guess a losing record and losing conference record should have earned Stoops a lifetime contract, huh? Spare us the sanctimony, Jon.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli - Renz - this is an article I found on yahoo - I thought some might find it interesting as to how others are viewing the situation.

So by your logic, we only need one thread on the Cardinals?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli - Renz - this is an article I found on yahoo - I thought some might find it interesting as to how others are viewing the situation.

So by your logic, we only need one thread on the Cardinals?

Just asking a question about two threads on the firing posted almost as the same time.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Mike Stoops got us out of the hole then put us right back into it due to his own shoddy recruting. Nobody should throw a pity party for a guy who just finished up a gig that paid him over $10 million over the last years. Fine job getting the program out of the dumpster fire that was John Mackovic but the guy reached his ceiling. Time to move on.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison