Mike Florio vs The Arizona Cardinals

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he wants to sue somebody why not Roger Goodell? He was the one who decided to put out a worthless playing field on the largest stage in the world. That had more of an impact to those who gambled on the game.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, we do suck and have an atrocious history, so my guess is that when it’s a slow news day he peddles a “Cards are a train wreck story” since this can just about always be in regular rotation.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
here is the thing: Florio is an attorney by training

on the "could gamblers sue" thing and actually win: he knows better. they wont

a gambler could sue. There are all sorts of lawsuits filed that have no basis or chance of winning.

so treat it for what it is: clickbait in the offseason for a business that lives on clicks

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't believe it has to be equal for Florio to take a similar stance. He smells smoke on all these issues and however all the rumors/allegations play out, you can bet there will be a bunch of articles. Throw in the survey and everything else and yeah Florio is now openly writing articles presaging future troubles.

There's also the chance all of this is not bad enough to shame Bidwills into selling. It could mean simply removing Michael and putting a worse Bidwill in.

Good thing cheese? Yeah, likely. Unless the replacement is a $arver.

I'm simply stating as fans we're going to have to live through all of this, and that I'm not looking forward to. :( Florio is on Bidwill, and he's not going to stop. (Not sure how much people follow pft, but Florio gets obsessive on teams/owners/issues and his new shiny toy is MB and the Cardinals)
The nfl would not allow a sarver into ownership at present.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's baaaaack

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

And another one....

You'd think he'd do a modicum of research and figure out the NFL wanted a specific new type of grass for the field and then spray-painted it, and somehow that's the Cardinal's fault.

The NFL worked on that specific field for over two years in a independent sod farm here in Phoenix. In total, the league spent about $800,000 on the surface. It looked great upon first reveal earlier in the week, yet during the game numerous players on both teams were slipping and sliding across the field.

What did George Toma say about why the Super Bowl 57 field was so slippery?​

In an interview with ESPN, Toma said the field was watered the Wednesday morning before the game, which took place on Sunday, Feb. 12. After the watering, the field was then immediately rolled into the stadium, using the hydraulic system that allows the turf to catch sun. Toma's belief was that the field should have remained in the sun Wednesday morning to dry out before being rolled in, advice that NFL field director Ed Mangan did not heed.

"So, what he does, he waters the hell out of it and puts it right into the stadium and that's it," Toma told ESPN. "Never sees sunlight again. He can't do that."

Toma added that a tarp was laid over the field to protect it from rehearsals for the pregame and halftime shows. Toma said he was told in the lead-up to the game that the field was starting to decay.

"It had a rotten smell," Toma said.

Were there any other issues with the field at Super Bowl 57?​

Toma also told ESPN that Mangan did not allow the field to be sanded enough, a process that encourages efficient drainage.

"He sanded it two weeks too late," Toma said. "He had only one sanding. He should have had two or three sandings, but he didn't do (expletive). And that was it. And not only that, he didn't take care of it. He wouldn't listen to anybody."

So this brings us to preseason game 1. It looks bad, but did it play badly? Even Florios article says
You must be registered for see images attach

Oh, OK.

So Florio trashes the Cards for the NFL's mistakes and then the thing they do control, turns out, it's likely appearance more than functionality, rendering his whole article pointless and trash.

Classic Florio

Now if appearances matter, is it MB being cheap? Well yeah, of course, he controls how the camp trains, so any and all deficiencies are his fault.

The sad thing is, I believe it's because they didn't properly design the stadium to include a practice facility and/or another full-sized field there. It wasn't designed for a training camp to be held there. That this is just going to be the way it is until MB does something about it. So yeah, in a sense it is cheapness, and it occurs because that intersects with design constraints. At this point, can they even find the room to make it work?

As I believe I read elsewhere, the only real way out is to create a brand new training facility ala the Suns did. It would sure help with those other aspects we sucked at in the survey. Maybe they can expand the Tempe one?

But Florio did us dirty with this one.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think it is as simple as Florio is a liberal and he hates Michael
Uh, I'm a Liberal...I don't hate Michael at all. I dislike and disagree with some of his choices, but no hate here. Most people in the United States fall into the political moderate spectrum (Liberal or Conservative) and can understand and respect differences. When you go to either extreme, however, that's a different story.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Are there any liberal owners?
Not sure if they are Liberal or Democrat, but these owners Donated to Biden campaign. Most of the $12 million that NFL owners donated, however, went to Trump in 2020.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score