Midseason report from ESPN

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Arizona Cardinals

First half in two words: Consistently inconsistent. There are moments, even large majorities of games, when the Cardinals look like the best team in football, when their offense is flying, eating yards, scoring points and quarterback Kyler Murray looks like the MVP and the defense is a swarming attack of sacks and tackles. Then there are times when both sides of the football look like they wouldn't beat the Jets -- even though the Cardinals have already beaten them once. Arizona has already lost to three teams it should've beaten -- the Lions, Panthers and Dolphins -- and beaten a team it shouldn't have -- the Seahawks. If it could put together consistent stretches of football, this Cardinals team could be the toughest to deal with since the 2015 edition. But the Cardinals need to put total games together on the regular and that's been an issue so far.

Biggest question left to answer: Can the Cardinals close out their playoff push? There's no easy answer. Sitting at 5-3 and in the sixth playoff position out of seven, with a tendency to lose games it shouldn't, there are no guarantees Arizona will be playing beyond Week 17 this season. The Cardinals still have games against the Bills, Seahawks and two against the Rams. And you never know what's going to happen against teams like the Patriots or Eagles.

What is the toughest game left? The Seahawks, without question. That game could end up being the win that saves the Cardinals' season if the division comes down to a tiebreaker. Arizona saw how tough games against Seattle are in Week 7 when the game went to overtime. Historically, Arizona has played well at Seattle and the Week 11 game will be on a Thursday night in front of a national TV audience. But this is 2020, so who knows what will happen.

Final record prediction: 10-6. The Cardinals are halfway there and the rest of their schedule has turned out to be a bit easier than expected with games against the Patriots, Giants, Eagles and Niners, who have combined for just 11 wins. Then again, the Cards also face the Bills, Seahawks and Rams twice. -- Josh Weinfuss

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was expecting about 9-7 and most of the fan base on this site was expecting between 8 and 11 wins. Seems at least the guys on this site saw it coming.

I meant from where we were two years ago with the worst record in the league and the #1 overall pick.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
10-6 is great.

guys have to remember we are ahead of schedule. This isn’t our year now next year it’s go for broke.

god I would love a vicious physical running attack in this offense and our defense needs pass rushers oh and a new DC

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can live with 10-6.

I had the Cards at 8-8 at the start of the season. I had us losing both games to the Whiners. Now that injuries have destroyed that roster, I think we get two wins and we end at 10-6. (Of course, we stand to lose to the Eagles and Giants now that we all see them in the win column).