Mid-Life Cardinals......errr,...crisis

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another 20 or 30 years and even that won't be pertinent. As a friend of mine once said, "Give me liberty or give me death." Sadly he got both wishes.

In the COVID-19 crisis, it would seem that some have changed that motto to "Give me liberty and give me death."

efferman

Veteran
Reaction score
For what its worth...

I turned 60 this year and lost my dad, as well. I've had lots to think about along the lines that you outline.

In terms of the Cardinals winning the Super Bowl, its been a dream of mine as well. I root for the STL Cards, the STL Blues and the CHI Bulls as well... Until last year only two of my four teams had won the championship, but then the Blues had a great run and brought home the Stanley Cup. It shows that anything is possible and when they finally won it was that much sweeter given the long time, and many disappointments and close calls, that they went though to get there.

To me the journey is what makes the result worthwhile. Nothing is guaranteed but it is hope and perseverance that will make it all worthwhile. If it were easy, you wouldn't value it as much. Chin up!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson