Michael couldn't close at the chicken ranch

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hey, Payton isn't against strange owners, he coached for a dude who danced with a frilly parasol in NO. But, I doubt he wants to waste time breaking down film with the owner. Any top tier coach, a coach with any successful reputation at all, is not going to coach for the Bidwills. Never have, never will.

Ahh, of course, let's trot out the video sessions.

They were offered by KK & VJ as a courtesy and MB accepted.

No big deal!

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The CARDS aren't the Oakland Athletics, but an estimated $20m per season and draft capital was a pretty price to pay.

We don't know the breaking point or whether Payton, who had already interviewed with Denver, was in AZ to see whether something could dissuade him from signing with his first choice.
$20m is nothing for MB. Doesn’t even count against the salary cap. All he had to do was raise tickets and concessions by like $10-20 per person which is acceptable with the hype of signing SP. Try raising ticket prices knowing VJ or someone unknown will be our HC. Yeah right.

I’m thinking it was something else that SP didn’t like.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
$20m is nothing for MB. Doesn’t even count against the salary cap. All he had to do was raise tickets and concessions by like $10-20 per person which is acceptable with the hype of signing SP. Try raising ticket prices knowing VJ or someone unknown will be our HC. Yeah right.

I think it was something he liked more in Denver. Payton mentions they were the first to approach him, and evidently, they did a selling job that stuck in his mind. He also has made it clear that he had no issues with AZ per se.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

One was old broccoli and the other cauliflower... meaning I think there was some stank on both sides of reaching an agreement and actually think Payton's ego stunk probably the most lol

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I think it was something he liked more in Denver. Payton mentions they were the first to approach him, and evidently, they did a selling job that stuck in his mind. He also has made it clear that he had no issues with AZ per se.
Payton has had to double back on a lot of statements he was proposed to have made, which makes me think he is only doing damage control and lying for the most part... find him hard to believe, he's a coyote as the Navajo might say lol

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Payton has had to double back on a lot of statements he was proposed to have made, which makes me think he is only doing damage control and lying for the most part... find him hard to believe, he's a coyote as the Navajo might say lol

I gave myself a countdown... would it be one, two or three posts before someone called Payton a liar.

I went with three and lost the bet.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird day for an out of the blue rant, lol.

Honestly, I'm blaming the Saints for this more than I'm blaming Mike. Their demands were too steep.

It's not out of the blue. Payton was interviewed on this today

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
You couldn't get this coach Michael?

You all running with a drunks slander on Kyler and meanwhile this is from the coach.

His kids favorite player. Can't sign him.

Payton mentioned how his son is Murray’s biggest fan. After the coach’s seven-hour interview in Arizona, his kid even showed him different Murray highlights from his high school and college days.
Unfortunately true. Adam Schefter on ESPN said that the Cardinals were on the phone all weekend trying to get NO to lower their asking price for Payton but couldn't get it done.

Sometimes you just have to front up and pay the price if you want the asset. You can't always get a great deal or a bargain. That's clearly what Denvers mentality was in respect to their coaching search.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"20 million is nothing to Michael"

Do you really believe that? What evidence makes you believe he has large amounts of FCF?

I have been talking about the mountains of evidence that Michael has FCF issues since last year and just this week 98.7 discussed this issue at length with the comparison of Ishiba and Bidwill.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
He definitely couldn’t sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unfortunately true. Adam Schefter on ESPN said that the Cardinals were on the phone all weekend trying to get NO to lower their asking price for Payton but couldn't get it done.

Sometimes you just have to front up and pay the price if you want the asset. You can't always get a great deal or a bargain. That's clearly what Denvers mentality was in respect to their coaching search.
Did NO really want the #3? Did we offer x2 second rounders? Two second rounders for SP was really pushing it. No way for the #3

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A recent article ranks Michael as #26 of #32 of NFL owners when it comes to wealth and all of that is tied to the Cardinals.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did NO really want the #3? Did we offer x2 second rounders? Two second rounders for SP was really pushing it. No way for the #3

Based on the package they accepted,.the #3 was not the discussion. It was 2 seconds

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I have said before, I don't like Payton. I am glad I don't have to root for him to make our team a champion. I would he happy, but I still wouldn't like him. He should've been banned from the NFL. IMO.

So, now I get to root for him to fail and for Russell Wilson to flame out.

Wilson's charity being exposed as close to scammer level, with an executive who makes over 200k and worked for his wife, just makes it all that more fun to root for them to fail. There are a lot of Bible Thumpers in the NFL, and that is fine. For whatever reason he has struck me as phony.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Personally, I am glad that Michael didn't give in and just them what they wanted. You don't build a winner cow-downing to others and making their teams stronger and their futures brighter. I would rather our owner be the one taking not giving.

Now with the draft ahead, we can be the one doing the taking and demanding what we want to give up our asset, not the other way around. We got to stop being the *****'s of the league.

Cole

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lol move on.

Just Maybe the new GM told JR we finish our team with our draft capital. If skinny jeans hand them at 7-0 we need players not a 18 million dollar coach and half a team.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Personally, I am glad that Michael didn't give in and just them what they wanted. You don't build a winner cow-downing to others and making their teams stronger and their futures brighter. I would rather our owner be the one taking not giving.

Now with the draft ahead, we can be the one doing the taking and demanding what we want to give up our asset, not the other way around. We got to stop being the *****'s of the league.
You can if you win :newcards:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
But anyway, on topic

There are tricks to closing at the chicken ranch. The menu doesnt have pricing you see. So the servers set compensation based on their assessment of what you can pay.
So put on old clothes...rub some dirt under your fingernails, and use slang, contractions, and some minor swearing. Looking like a less educated working class dude will get you service for $200 that the obvious corporate manager has to pay $800 for.

At least thats what i heard.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bidwill couldn’t sell insulin to a diabetic