Michael Carter RB

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's kind of strange that he hasn't played more

He made some beautiful cuts today and fought hard for yards

Him losing carries to Demercado had me scratching my head
For the same reason Dortch has had limited playing time all year.
Either the coaches are in on the tanking or incompetent in evaluating talent.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Or they are evaluating other players and already know what they have in Dortch/Carter and that they’re part of the Cardinal future.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need is subjective. If Conner went down he's a pretty good insurance plan. But from what I see he only signed a one year deal, so not worth a waiver claim.
He just had a terrible year with the Jets. Plus, Carter just got away from Cook and in his few carries for the Cardinals made better runs than Cook had all season with the Jets.

No thanks. If you want some big name vet coming off their worst season get another position besides RB.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
We should get a great back in this draft, like our 3rd pick ! My whining about run game not being prioritized might be over. They did forget to run one game, but got back to it. KM is getting better under center , and should be actually practiced as a primary weapon , for Kyler’s first camp With this staff. Hopefully meet the learning curve as a team, about 4 games in next season.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We should get a great back in this draft, like our 3rd pick ! My whining about run game not being prioritized might be over. They did forget to run one game, but got back to it. KM is getting better under center , and should be actually practiced as a primary weapon , for Kyler’s first camp With this staff. Hopefully meet the learning curve as a team, about 4 games in next season.
one can only hope Smelly...but I doubt it, lol.

unless we go ahead and average 200 yards a game on the ground.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
He just had a terrible year with the Jets. Plus, Carter just got away from Cook and in his few carries for the Cardinals made better runs than Cook had all season with the Jets.

No thanks. If you want some big name vet coming off their worst season get another position besides RB.
Carter was cut by the jets and couldn't get on the field and has played pretty well in Az. Jets let cook go too. I don't think the dude has forgotten how to tote the rock. Playing backup RB on the jets seems to be a problem.

You can't compare one RBs production on one team compared to another one on a different team. Either way one teams trash is another teams treasure. It's all moot anyway since he only signed a one year deal last off season. If he had a cheap year next year claiming him off waivers was a low risk proposition

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know about 3rd round but I’m pretty sure we do add a rb in the draft.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. I'm thinking 5th or 6th. We have waaaay to many other holes and a 3rd round pick can net you a starter.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
yeah... but the third round seems to be the sweet spot for RB's... can get a good starter quality guy there...and we have 3 third round picks this year.
with the depth in this draft... WR, DT, RB, would be three good picks in the third.
if you dont mind double dipping...Im all for it..
if you havent looked...check out Audric Estime out of Notre Dame...dude is a James Conner clone but with more speed. he could sub in and the offense doesnt have to change at all....and when JC hits the age wall we would already have his replacement on the roster...continuity.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For the same reason Dortch has had limited playing time all year.
Either the coaches are in on the tanking or incompetent in evaluating talent.
Or they can't be trusted with the playbook.

I attend all the home games and I've seen Dortch line up in the wrong spot and get corrected by K1 or other receivers. He's also had an illegal motion penalty.

That being said, I think Dortch is great and should get more touches. Hopefully more reps on offense will help his playbook understanding.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson