Michael Bush On Vacation in Arizona

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, why do you suspect he is here, on the first day of free agency?

Darren Urban ‏ @Cardschatter Close
Until he says "visiting Cards" I am not sure RT @DanZink_Results: @Cardschatter Why Michael Bush? We have Ryan Williams AND Beanie

He could be here for a ton of reasons...if he's already here, were we talking to him prior to FA starting? I like to pretend we aren't the Redskins. :D

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Him being here so fast and under the radar tells me we may just have a plan and are ready. So weird.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
how could u imagine if we sign bush..they keep wells williams bush and hyphen on the roster..with cap problems obviously the trade of wells gonna happen soon

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Him being here so fast and under the radar tells me we may just have a plan and are ready. So weird.

It just feels with the Cards being so silent on stuff that they have a stealth plan in place and that they are executing.

Then I remember we have Graves at the helm and would lay even money that he just forgot to dial nine to get a line out.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would suspect he's used to a rb by committee type approach. It's basically what the raiders have been doing, albeit probably because of injury. Either way, we have only three rb's worth their weight and that's Wells, hyphen, and Williams. We had Alfonso Smith and Chester Taylor. Williams will take one spot. So imo we have one spot open for Alfonso Smith or another rb. If we signed Manning, some thought Addai. Maybe instead it was Michael Bush. But I never looked at his blocking/blitz pick up, so I have no idea how good he is at it. If it is equal to Addai, than why not pick up a rb that imo has more in the tank?

If it's betwen Alfonso Smith Joseph Addai, and Michael Bush, right now I think Bush would be the best. But would like more info and hear some others' opinions.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how could u imagine if we sign bush..they keep wells williams bush and hyphen on the roster..with cap problems obviously the trade of wells gonna happen soon

Beanie is a tiny cap hit...not seeing it as a cap move, unless they can trade Bean for a tackle or something...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It just feels with the Cards being so silent on stuff that they have a stealth plan in place and that they are executing.

Then I remember we have Graves at the helm and would lay even money that he just forgot to dial nine to get a line out.
dial 9????????? You give too much credit.
He still asks Mertel to patch him through.

AzCardzFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Good call---could see this one coming. Not the fit the coaches want---because he's a subpar blocker and receiver.

But Whiz was here when he was drafted? Maybe this was all Graves, against the coaches wishes......

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all, I know is if we cut or trade Beanie, then we'd have lost every 1st round pick from 2005-2009 going into the 2012. that ain't good.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Like Bush, but if he's coming here, it means we're likely out of the Manning sweepstakes. Further, he's really the only 3 down back available, so I doubt we can get him on the cheap.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think he's a FA intil 2014.
From rotoworld, he's dirt cheap the next 2 yrs

8/1/2009: Signed a five-year, $9 million contract. The deal contains $6.345 million guaranteed, including a $2 million signing bonus. Another $2.8 million is available through incentives. 2011: $622,500, 2012: $700,000, 2013: $707,500 (Club Option), 2014: Free Agent

It was nice drafting at the bottom of round #1.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
If Wells is cheap, then he even becomes a more valuable commodity to other teams. Cleveland needs a RB. Ohio connection? Trade for a second rounder?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I don't think we could get a 2nd, but I bet we could get a 3rd.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Beanie is about to explode this year.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose