Michael Bush On Vacation in Arizona

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We would do some crap like this when our needs are completely unrelated. Beanie finally has a productive season (even with games missed) and we pull this crap. Must be in Whiz doghouse. Beanie is a MUCH better compliment to Williams than Bush is when we talk about varying up styles of running.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who says we are getting rid of Wells? It's not like Wells and Williams are eating a hole in the Cap.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We need a more consistent RB because Kolb is terrible

:(

i.e. We're not getting Peyton

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On the other hand, we do usually carry 4 RB's through the season. Wells, Williams, Bush, LSH would be pretty ridiculous though.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup the dude was hands down the Cards offensive MVP last year. I hope Beanie stays.

He battled knee pain all year though. I can definitely see the reasoning on the Cards part to get another back in who can be a #1. With Beanie's size, his knees are not going to stop being an issue.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He battled knee pain all year though. I can definitely see the reasoning on the Cards part to get another back in who can be a #1. With Beanie's size, his knees are not going to stop being an issue.

Yup been an issue two years in a row. Not counting his ankle and shoulder injuries first two years too.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score

So correct---too high of a runner---leaves his knees exposed far more often than necessary.

snowthedirtbub

Veteran
Reaction score
Arizona preparing for life without Manning? Run the ball 60 times a game with 3 running backs in the backfield. It would be like the one game with 3 cups and one ball. No one will know is getting the ball.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
all, I know is if we cut or trade Beanie, then we'd have lost every 1st round pick from 2005-2009 going into the 2012. that ain't good.

And it would have taken the Cards less that two years to do that. 5 first round picks gone in less than 24 months. That would have to be some kind of record.

Of course it could be that the Cards are concerned about Ryan Williams knee and RW is the one going to be traded and become Cody Brown part II. :D

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Speculation, but if you can sign Bush and trade Wells for a 2nd rounder, I think it would be hard to pass up. Too many nicks, and not enough breakaway speed. He does not seem like he has a long career ahead of him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speculation, but if you can sign Bush and trade Wells for a 2nd rounder, I think it would be hard to pass up. Too many nicks, and not enough breakaway speed. He does not seem like he has a long career ahead of him.

I'll take a power runner over one with breakaway speed any day of the week but you're right, Beanie doesn't look like he's headed for a long career. Knee problems typically get worse throughout a career and his seem to be an almost constant problem.

Steve

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take a power runner over one with breakaway speed any day of the week but you're right, Beanie doesn't look like he's headed for a long career. Knee problems typically get worse throughout a career and his seem to be an almost constant problem.

Steve

Bush is a power runner

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bush is a power runner

Not my point. Chopper just made a general comment about Beanie's lack of breakaway speed and I don't really find that a drawback in a workhorse running back. I'd rather have a back that can consistently get you 3 to 5 yards per carry than one who gives you -1, -2, -2, -1, 29. I like what Beanie gives us, when he gives it.

Steve

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not my point. Chopper just made a general comment about Beanie's lack of breakaway speed and I don't really find that a drawback in a workhorse running back. I'd rather have a back that can consistently get you 3 to 5 yards per carry than one who gives you -1, -2, -2, -1, 29. I like what Beanie gives us, when he gives it.

Steve

So you wouldn't take Barry Sanders :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you wouldn't take Barry Sanders :D

I was never a big Sanders fan but I wouldn't have minded pairing him with a power back in today's game. He was exciting but I think it's more important to have someone who consistently moves the chains.

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson