Michael Bidwill, where are you?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If the rest of the NFL front office types think Murray is worth 3 first rounders, then that tells you a lot about how great he truly is or can be. Do you really think any of the other QB’s would do any better with what Murray has around him, what Murray has on the sideline (coaches), and in the ownership box. I don’t. I’ve been following the Bills for 58 years. There‘s more to why Allen has improved so much other than just his hard work. The Bills invested in him from day one. Their franchise is head & shoulders SIGNIFICANTLY better than our joke franchise. They have great coaches, position coaches, have given him true weapons, and have built a D to help when they get off to a slow start offensively. It’s not perfect, but it’s how a Championship team is built. The Niners started with 4 straight three and outs, yet they won. Why? Because their D kept them in the game & eventually flipped field position. That doesn’t happen for Murray. We have 2 three & outs & we’re quickly down 14 points. Then Murray feels he has to make something happen otherwise we’ll be even further behind. Unfortunately, great franchises win & poor ones lose. And it doesn’t matter whether you have a special talent at QB or not.
Cool block of text. Did you answer the question?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cool block of text. Did you answer the question?
of course I did. Let me ask you this. Knowing what a crap organization we are, would any of the other 7 QB's that played in the Wild Card round choose the AZ Cardinals if we had an opening. The correct answer is a resounding NO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
of course I did. Let me ask you this. Knowing what a crap organization we are, would any of the other 7 QB's that played in the Wild Card round choose the AZ Cardinals if we had an opening. The correct answer is a resounding NO.
And yet, you’ll defend to the end, Keim, the guy responsible for putting together the roster and the entire coaching staff.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And yet, you’ll defend to the end the guy responsible for putting together the roster and the entire coaching staff.
Not true. I've given Keim the benefit of the doubt because I still blame VJ more than Keim for Simmons & Collins. But, bottom line, when you draft a stud QB, it's the GM's responsibility to build around him. For whatever reasons being, and there are many, that's not getting done. I firmly believe VJ has to go ASAP. And KK/SK are on very short leashes. Do you really think Michael will ever figure out how to build a consistently successful franchise?? I've been waiting 58 years for that to happen. Time to stop stressing over who the GM is. No leadership at the TOP means winning will always be a fleeting thing here in AZ.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not true. I've given Keim the benefit of the doubt because I still blame VJ more than Keim for Simmons & Collins. But, bottom line, when you draft a stud QB, it's the GM's responsibility to build around him. For whatever reasons being, and there are many, that's not getting done. I firmly believe VJ has to go ASAP. And KK/SK are on very short leashes. Do you really think Michael will ever figure out how to build a consistently successful franchise?? I've been waiting 58 years for that to happen. Time to stop stressing over who the GM is. No leadership at the TOP means winning will always be a fleeting thing here in AZ.

WHO SPECIFICALLY HIRED VANCE JOHNSON?

Jesus... you can’t bash the roster as being devoid of weapons and coaches not using draft picks correctly and simultaneously absolve the guy who makes the draft, FA and coaching decisions.

Continuing to do so just says you have a pathological inability to admit you’re wrong.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Eight QBs played this weekend -- which ones is Kyler Murray CLEARLY better than, in your opinion? Not the ones you'd like to have for the next three years; the ones you'd rather have Murray than next year.

Pete Schrager talked on the BS Report podcast last week. He said he made a couple calls around the NFL and asked front office types what Murray's value is right now. The person told him three first-rounders.

Weird, because you didn't name any of the eight QBs who played this weekend. For me, I think that Murray is better than Jimmy G and Tannehill.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WHO SPECIFICALLY HIRED VANCE JOHNSON?

Jesus... you can’t bash the roster as being devoid of weapons and coaches not using draft picks correctly and simultaneously absolve the guy who makes the draft, FA and coaching decisions.

Continuing to do so just says you have a pathological inability to admit you’re wrong.
Who is Vance Johnson? And oh BTW, I’m never wrong. Just ask my wife.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird, because you didn't name any of the eight QBs who played this weekend. For me, I think that Murray is better than Jimmy G and Tannehill.
Ok. My bad. Yes, definitely agree with Jimmy G & Tannehill. I would take Murray over aging Rodgers only because of Rodgers age. Niners made him look like he was my age. For the same reason, I would take him over the GOAT at 45 years old. I would take him over Stafford also, mainly because he’s much younger than Stafford. Nod to Burrow, but still very early. Burrow has a stud WR group, but getting sacked 9 times may shorten his career. He’s already had 1 major knee surgery. Definitely cannot put Murray above Allen & Mahomes. Even though they both have significantly better talent, coaches, FO, and ownership.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I actually don't believe Kyler is better than Jimmy G... and Tannehill is a toss-up. To clarify, I don't view "better than" in the context of putting up big regular season numbers. My perspective is simply this: Who is the better NFL QB? Kyler can be fun to watch...of course, ONLY when conditions are perfect and he's not being hit.
But both Jimmy G and Tannehill, is true NFL QB style, are willing and able to stand in the pocket and take a hit in order to deliver an appropriate NFL pass on-time.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bidwill spoke to the AZ republic.

Bidwill declined to divulge details related to what he discussed with general manager Steve Keim and coach Kliff Kingsbury following Arizona's no-show performance in the blowout loss to the Rams, but did say he's "had lots of internal discussions that I think have been productive and will improve the team."

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Kyler is fun to watch when Kliff allows him to use his very gifted skill set. 2 rushes for 6 yards in a playoff game?? No designed runs or roll-outs, why ?? That is negligence on Kingsbury and why a proven NFL OC must be hired this off season to help Kliff win big games - imo

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If the rest of the NFL front office types think Murray is worth 3 first rounders, then that tells you a lot about how great he truly is or can be. Do you really think any of the other QB’s would do any better with what Murray has around him, what Murray has on the sideline (coaches), and in the ownership box. I don’t. I’ve been following the Bills for 58 years. There‘s more to why Allen has improved so much other than just his hard work. The Bills invested in him from day one. Their franchise is head & shoulders SIGNIFICANTLY better than our joke franchise. They have great coaches, position coaches, have given him true weapons, and have built a D to help when they get off to a slow start offensively. It’s not perfect, but it’s how a Championship team is built. The Niners started with 4 straight three and outs, yet they won. Why? Because their D kept them in the game & eventually flipped field position. That doesn’t happen for Murray. We have 2 three & outs & we’re quickly down 14 points. Then Murray feels he has to make something happen otherwise we’ll be even further behind. Unfortunately, great franchises win & poor ones lose. And it doesn’t matter whether you have a special talent at QB or not.
Unequivocally, yes.

Stout

Reaction score

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Useless ownership. Utterly useless. They'd eat him alive in a market that actually cares.

i get the frustration

but i dont think markets "that care" or have tougher media make for better owners. Is NY a soft market that doesnt care? The Giants and Jets over the last 10 years suggest thats the case. How about Dallas? Chicago?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually don't believe Kyler is better than Jimmy G... and Tannehill is a toss-up. To clarify, I don't view "better than" in the context of putting up big regular season numbers. My perspective is simply this: Who is the better NFL QB? Kyler can be fun to watch...of course, ONLY when conditions are perfect and he's not being hit.
But both Jimmy G and Tannehill, is true NFL QB style, are willing and able to stand in the pocket and take a hit in order to deliver an appropriate NFL pass on-time.
Now your are going to an extreme. Ask 32 NFL GM's that question. Most would take Kyler.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Now your are going to an extreme. Ask 32 NFL GM's that question. Most would take Kyler.
Sure they would... He's the shiny new toy. Problem is he is the cheap, Made in China shiny new toy that is flashy and fun.
And, I strongly doubt 32 GM's, or 16 GM's for that matter, would "take" Kyler...

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stout

Reaction score
i get the frustration

but i dont think markets "that care" or have tougher media make for better owners. Is NY a soft market that doesnt care? The Giants and Jets over the last 10 years suggest thats the case. How about Dallas? Chicago?
No, but those owners sure won't skate without scathing criticism. Here? He's pretty damn comfortable.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stout may be onto something...except that the best wildassed moves tend to occur early in the process.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Maybe, but both teams are reportedly looking to replace these guys, and I'm 100% certain that (absent extenuating circumstances) they'd trade their guy for ours. Shanahan drafted a guy with like 17 college starts(!!!!!) hoping he could play like Kyler.

Kyler is fun to watch when Kliff allows him to use his very gifted skill set. 2 rushes for 6 yards in a playoff game?? No designed runs or roll-outs, why ?? That is negligence on Kingsbury and why a proven NFL OC must be hired this off season to help Kliff win big games - imo
You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe you started watching the game late?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Maybe, but both teams are reportedly looking to replace these guys, and I'm 100% certain that (absent extenuating circumstances) they'd trade their guy for ours. Shanahan drafted a guy with like 17 college starts(!!!!!) hoping he could play like Kyler.

You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe you started watching the game late?
I dunno... Would Shanahan keep Lance in the shot-gun 99.5% of the time? I doubt it so I don't think Shanahan was thinking of Lance as someone who would "play like Kyler."
Also, this was only Kyler's 3rd season. He's still that shiny new toy. If this were his 5th, or 6th season perhaps, and was still playing like he did this year, including the 60-minute mental collapse we saw last Monday night, I seriously doubt Shanahan would be so quick to jump at a chance to get Kyler...