MCU: Spider-Man 3: No Way Home

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe for the very same reason you have for spidey’s success . . . very few non-comic book geeks know who Shang Chi or the eternals are and see widow as a bit player (not to mention . . . dead with no future) in the MCU. I was frankly shocked (though pleased) they even made Shang chi and the eternals. I expected them to be complete bombs just due to lack of recognition.
That said, to me a good movie is a good movie. If Feige had all the control that’s where the credit is due. Sony should be credited with recognizing that was the right to go.

Excited for marvel to get X-men back.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was flat out fantastic. I don’t think there’s anything I found fault with.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Could have been a little shorter. My 5 year old was getting antsy by the end of it. First live action movie we have taken him to. We really liked it though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe for the very same reason you have for spidey’s success . . . very few non-comic book geeks know who Shang Chi or the eternals are and see widow as a bit player (not to mention . . . dead with no future) in the MCU. I was frankly shocked (though pleased) they even made Shang chi and the eternals. I expected them to be complete bombs just due to lack of recognition.
And Shang-Chi not only wasn’t a bomb, it was such a surprising success that it in essence saved movies from being pushed back yet another year. With the middling Box Office returns of the summer, all the talk was that Bond, Venom, Ghostbusters, Eternals and others were going to get pushed on down into 2022. But Shang-Chi was such a success that they pulled Venom UP a week and all of those movies stuck. Moving up a week for a huge tent pole is practically unheard of.

And the fact that Eternals, a total fringe comic book group, in a movie that got generally mixed to terrible reviews still made 170 million stateside (just as much as F9 and much more than Craig’s Final Bond) says everything about how incredible the machine Feige has put together.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I liked the movie. I saw it on Christmas day. First time I ever went to a movie on Christmas. I have questions on why Peter Parker was poor prior to the end when iron man left him access to Stark Industries. No salary?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And Shang-Chi not only wasn’t a bomb, it was such a surprising success that it in essence saved movies from being pushed back yet another year. With the middling Box Office returns of the summer, all the talk was that Bond, Venom, Ghostbusters, Eternals and others were going to get pushed on down into 2022. But Shang-Chi was such a success that they pulled Venom UP a week and all of those movies stuck. Moving up a week for a huge tent pole is practically unheard of.

And the fact that Eternals, a total fringe comic book group, in a movie that got generally mixed to terrible reviews still made 170 million stateside (just as much as F9 and much more than Craig’s Final Bond) says everything about how incredible the machine Feige has put together.
IMO, that would have been the death of movie theaters

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was awesome, certainly the best Marvel movie since Endgame. It's now earned more than Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and Eternals combined. It had some faults, but Sony did MCU better than Disney has been doing. Hopefully Disney will learn some lessons, but I doubt they will.
Sony didn’t make this movie. Sony is just distributing. Marvel and Feige have had full creatinine control since this iteration of Spider-Man was introduced. The last Sony movie was Amazing Spider-Man 2. Nothing goes through production at Marvel without Feige’s input and involvement.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sony didn’t make this movie. Sony is just distributing. Marvel and Feige have had full creatinine control since this iteration of Spider-Man was introduced. The last Sony movie was Amazing Spider-Man 2. Nothing goes through production at Marvel without Feige’s input and involvement.
Dude... you don’t want to go there.

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was flat out fantastic. I don’t think there’s anything I found fault with.
100%. I just saw it now that it's on streaming platforms. My expectations were to like it but it far exceeded that, it may even be my favorite superhero movie now. It's certainly up there with The Dark Knight in terms of stand alone comic book movies imo.

I absolutely loved how they were able to bring in and even fix the the disappointing conclusions of the previous 2 Spiderman franchises, as well as how the movie finished with Spiderman on his own. I only wish there was a bit better set up for their meme references.

I only glanced at some of the Sony debate and reference to Shang Chi/Eternals and it doesn't look like something I really want to get into. I will just say as someone who knew nothing of those comics I felt Shang Chi was really good and the Eternals(and Black Widow) were hot garbage.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watched this last night. Think the first End Credits scene is a plot hole. The whole basis of coming into the MCU is that the person “knew” Spider-man. The Tom Hardy Venom character never knew Spider-man. He even says so in the scene. So how did he get pulled over?

A Venom could have been in this scene, but not this Venom.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Just watched this last night. Think the first End Credits scene is a plot hole. The whole basis of coming into the MCU is that the person “knew” Spider-man. The Tom Hardy Venom character never knew Spider-man. He even says so in the scene. So how did he get pulled over?

A Venom could have been in this scene, but not this Venom.

It's been established in the comics that these symbiotes can share knowledge across multiverses and this movie's writers explained that in interviews without explaining it in-movie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA