MCU: Spider-Man 3: No Way Home

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is pretty much the universal sentiment I am getting from a lot of these guys I pay attention to online that are either comicbook or Spidey fans (usually both).

I can't wait. Seeing this with my youngest tomorrow!

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only watched this up to 3:54 of this review where they just can't stop gushing about the movie in their non-spoiler review. After that they start to warn you about spoilers ahead, since they just HAVE to talk about what happens in the movie. The video is 47 minutes long total. :eek:

Again, WARNING: The review goes into spoilers after 3:54!

Dammit. Is it Saturday yet?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was just about everything I could hope for. Redeemed Spiderman 3 characters and even Andrew Garfield IMO from piss poor written movies they were in. Just fantastic.

Now the rumors are that both TM and AG will be returning as Spiderman in upcoming projects as part of the Multiverse which will have multiple impacts down the road for the Marvel universe.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somehow Marvel took the worst Spider-Man and figured out how he could steal the movie.

I LOATHED Garfield’s Spidey movies. But he was my favorite part of this movie.

Overall, thought the first half was decent but a little slow. Second half was freaking fantastic.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was awesome, certainly the best Marvel movie since Endgame. It's now earned more than Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and Eternals combined. It had some faults, but Sony did MCU better than Disney has been doing. Hopefully Disney will learn some lessons, but I doubt they will.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It was awesome, certainly the best Marvel movie since Endgame. It's now earned more than Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and Eternals combined. It had some faults, but Sony did MCU better than Disney has been doing. Hopefully Disney will learn some lessons, but I doubt they will.
That's not really fair. I love No Way Home, but Shang Chi was fantastic. And Sony's other superhero properties (Venom) aren't that great.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s fair because it’s my opinion. I understand you disagree. But money talks.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s fair because it’s my opinion. I understand you disagree. But money talks.

It’s not really fair because your opinion is based on facts that are wrong. everyone in the industry knows that Feige has pretty much had total control of Spider-Man since Sony made the deal to share him with Disney.

All Sony’s doing is swimming in the pool of money Feige has been making for them.

They’ve done a good job with Venom, though. I’ll give them credit there. I think Morbius is going to be a bomb, though.

Last edited:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese, it was a Sony production correct? So it was a Sony story with a Sony chosen director?

I've never heard that Feige controls everything about Spider-Man and frankly I don't see how he could over the Sony productions, but you are obviously better informed than me. While he does deserve respect for facilitating the reintroduction of the character, I wouldn't ascribe too much credit to him. Spider-Man is the most popular Marvel character by far and no one needs to try very hard to generate interest.

My original point is in my opinion, No Way Home made more money than the other 3 put together because it was a good story well executed that respects the fans. And the fans responded. Ergo, it stands to reason the opposite is also correct in regards to the other 3 (and the D+ Marvel series to boot).

Or to put it another way and more to your point, if Feige is the genius money maker why did No Way Home make more money than Black Widow, Shang Chi, and Eternals combined where he had infinitely more input and control?