MCU: Spider-Man 3: No Way Home

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is basically SPIDERMAN: ENDGAME with every Spiderman joining forces to defeat Sandman, Goblin, Electro, Doc Ock and and The Lizard. I wouldn't put it past them to throw Venom in there as well to basically have a Sinister Six showdown without calling it the Sinister Six.

and I'm totally fine with that. Super curious to see how they weave all these worlds together.
I think Marvel is trying to hide what is going on and many speculate Andrew has been lying saying he isn't in it just as of a few days ago. I think the other two webslingers are in it. If they are are not though? It's going to be a huge disappointment and missed opportunity. On the same scale as not putting Leia, Han and Luke all on the screen at the same time together for Star Wars IMO.

In terms of Venom, based on the End Credit scene from the last film, it completely fits. That's the first thing I thought of after seeing that scene.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spider-Man: No Way Home

Release Date: December 17, 2021
Studio: Columbia Pictures / Marvel Entertainment
Director: Jon Watts
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sequences of action/violence, some language and brief suggestive comments
Screenwriter: Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers, based on the Marvel comic book by Stan Lee
Genre: Action | Adventure | Fantasy | Sci-Fi

Starring: Tom Holland, Zendaya, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jacob Batalon, Jon Favreau, Jamie Foxx, Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, Benedict Wong, Marisa Tomei, J.K. Simmons

Plot Summary: With Spider-Man's identity now revealed, Peter asks Doctor Strange for help. When a spell goes wrong, dangerous foes from other worlds start to appear, forcing Peter to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Haven’t been to the theater since covid but I’m tempted to go check this out.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

This is pretty much the universal sentiment I am getting from a lot of these guys I pay attention to online that are either comicbook or Spidey fans (usually both).

I can't wait. Seeing this with my youngest tomorrow!

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I only watched this up to 3:54 of this review where they just can't stop gushing about the movie in their non-spoiler review. After that they start to warn you about spoilers ahead, since they just HAVE to talk about what happens in the movie. The video is 47 minutes long total. :eek:

Again, WARNING: The review goes into spoilers after 3:54!

Dammit. Is it Saturday yet?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was just about everything I could hope for. Redeemed Spiderman 3 characters and even Andrew Garfield IMO from piss poor written movies they were in. Just fantastic.

Now the rumors are that both TM and AG will be returning as Spiderman in upcoming projects as part of the Multiverse which will have multiple impacts down the road for the Marvel universe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somehow Marvel took the worst Spider-Man and figured out how he could steal the movie.

I LOATHED Garfield’s Spidey movies. But he was my favorite part of this movie.

Overall, thought the first half was decent but a little slow. Second half was freaking fantastic.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was awesome, certainly the best Marvel movie since Endgame. It's now earned more than Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and Eternals combined. It had some faults, but Sony did MCU better than Disney has been doing. Hopefully Disney will learn some lessons, but I doubt they will.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It was awesome, certainly the best Marvel movie since Endgame. It's now earned more than Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and Eternals combined. It had some faults, but Sony did MCU better than Disney has been doing. Hopefully Disney will learn some lessons, but I doubt they will.
That's not really fair. I love No Way Home, but Shang Chi was fantastic. And Sony's other superhero properties (Venom) aren't that great.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s fair because it’s my opinion. I understand you disagree. But money talks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s fair because it’s my opinion. I understand you disagree. But money talks.

It’s not really fair because your opinion is based on facts that are wrong. everyone in the industry knows that Feige has pretty much had total control of Spider-Man since Sony made the deal to share him with Disney.

All Sony’s doing is swimming in the pool of money Feige has been making for them.

They’ve done a good job with Venom, though. I’ll give them credit there. I think Morbius is going to be a bomb, though.

Last edited:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese, it was a Sony production correct? So it was a Sony story with a Sony chosen director?

I've never heard that Feige controls everything about Spider-Man and frankly I don't see how he could over the Sony productions, but you are obviously better informed than me. While he does deserve respect for facilitating the reintroduction of the character, I wouldn't ascribe too much credit to him. Spider-Man is the most popular Marvel character by far and no one needs to try very hard to generate interest.

My original point is in my opinion, No Way Home made more money than the other 3 put together because it was a good story well executed that respects the fans. And the fans responded. Ergo, it stands to reason the opposite is also correct in regards to the other 3 (and the D+ Marvel series to boot).

Or to put it another way and more to your point, if Feige is the genius money maker why did No Way Home make more money than Black Widow, Shang Chi, and Eternals combined where he had infinitely more input and control?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Cheese, it was a Sony production correct? So it was a Sony story with a Sony chosen director?

I've never heard that Feige controls everything about Spider-Man and frankly I don't see how he could over the Sony productions, but you are obviously better informed than me. While he does deserve respect for facilitating the reintroduction of the character, I wouldn't ascribe too much credit to him. Spider-Man is the most popular Marvel character by far and no one needs to try very hard to generate interest.

My original point is in my opinion, No Way Home made more money than the other 3 put together because it was a good story well executed that respects the fans. And the fans responded. Ergo, it stands to reason the opposite is also correct in regards to the other 3 (and the D+ Marvel series to boot).

Or to put it another way and more to your point, if Feige is the genius money maker why did No Way Home make more money than Black Widow, Shang Chi, and Eternals combined where he had infinitely more input and control?
That’s kind of a no brainer. More people go to the movies now than they were during all 3 of the earlier movies. Especially Black Widow.

And business doesn’t ultimately determine how good a movie is. Shawshank made nothing at the box office while the Transformers movers are some of the biggest moneymakers ever.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dude, you’re wrong. Accept what people who work in the industry say. And you wouldn’t give much credit to Feige? Did you see the two Sony Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies? They were terrible and made a boatload less money and those movies killed an entire Spider-Man universe Sony was stupidly creating, with a terrible sounding Sinister Six movie, a Black Cat movie and a bunch of others that never came to fruition because the second Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movie bombed at only 202 domestic.

And Spider-Man No Way Home made more money than Shang-Chi and Eternals because the lay person has no clue who those superheroes are. Made more than Black Widow because that movie was like leftover stale bread telling a story PRE-Avengers. And like Chap said, there are much more people going to the movies again right now.

Oh, also, maybe because it had ALL THREE SPIDERMEN and ALL OF THE BIGGEST SPIDEY VILLAINS on screen for the first time ever. It was basically an Avengers-sized event. Come on. Those are silly questions.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe you're actually making my point, though I doubt you'll see it that way.

I said my piece, and you disagree. That's cool.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe you're actually making my point, though I doubt you'll see it that way.

I said my piece, and you disagree. That's cool.

No. You’re just wrong, Wayward. And there are verifiable facts/statements/other movies that show that.

remember that this version of Spider-Man debuted IN CIVIL-WAR. A movie that Sony was ZERO PART IN. So his entire origin came thru Feige first. Casting, Aunt May. Establishing Tony as Mentor.

Then tHere’s a bunch of articles about Feige having creative control for Spider-Man. Hell, here’s Feige just flat out SAYING Marvel had creative control wayyyy back before Homecoming even came out:

“They really are supportive in allowing us to make the creative decisions to make [Spider-Man: Homecoming]”

Here’s another article stating Feige had creative control over Spidey on his first solo film:

Here’s an article where everyone gives Feige credit for basically coming up with the entire idea for No Way Home.

It’s okay to just admit you’re wrong and that maybe the people in the industry who eat, sleep, drink and breathe this stuff while also knowing people involved in a lot of these production might be right.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Maybe for the very same reason you have for spidey’s success . . . very few non-comic book geeks know who Shang Chi or the eternals are and see widow as a bit player (not to mention . . . dead with no future) in the MCU. I was frankly shocked (though pleased) they even made Shang chi and the eternals. I expected them to be complete bombs just due to lack of recognition.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose