MCU: Loki (Disney+)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Marvel’s upcoming series starring Tom Hiddleston as the trickster demi-god and brother to Thor.

In the series, which will premiere in May 2021, Hiddleston returns as the mercurial Loki, the Asgardian god of mischief and everyone’s favorite Marvel villain, in stories that take place after the events of Avengers: Endgame.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WandaVision was an epic surprise but this is the one I have been looking forward to all along.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Omfg I am so ready for this. Loki came to be my favorite character after last year’s Marvel movie watch-a-thon (or maybe it was two years ago). Is it June yet?

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This looks fantastic. Better than wandavision (which I enjoyed) and falcon and winter soldier (which has been a slog for me).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks fantastic. Better than wandavision (which I enjoyed) and falcon and winter soldier (which has been a slog for me).

the problem with Falcon and Winter Soldier is neither character really had much... well, character in the MCU. Wanda and Vision didn’t really either before their show but the format of the show hooked big time and then they made you care about the characters along the way.

Loki is one of the biggest characters, both as far as impact and actual character, in the MCU so it’s no surprise that we’re all looking forward his series so much. I mean... I haven’t even seen the trailer, nor plan to and it’s a definite must watch for me.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tom Hiddleston was born to play Loki. I've seen him in a few other films and he's a good actor but he shines brightest as Loki. He stole every scene he was in throughout the Thor trilogy and held his own as the first big bad going against the Avengers all on his own. I know he has a faceless alien army backing him but they were as generic as you could get.

The prospect of seeing Loki bounce around the history of the MCU could be amazing. I hope we get at least 8 episodes. Following Loki could make for a few great seasons also.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched every second of the credits praying for any post credit scene. Sadly none but it was just excellent.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Nice first episode. A little campy at the beginning I thought, but it was good.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was good, not great. I was hoping for more but they had a lot or world building to do in order to establish the TVA. I'm glad they were given time to do that but with it has been a 2 episode premiere because I was really into it by the end of the episode.

One small issue I had below in a spoiler tag...
It felt like they wasted a bit of.time showing the scenes from Endgame to set everything up. I was really hoping to see Loki bounce around time a lot more than he did. It seemed the TVA captured him really quick. I would have liked to have seen more time jumping early on, leading to his fugitive status. However capturing him so quickly showed how efficient the TVA is.

The little DB Cooper flashback of sorts was really neat and different from what I was expecting. I hope we get more of that, Loki's past intertwined with the current narrative because Loki has been shown a lot in the MCU but his past hasn't been explored all that much. Kind of like Owen Wilson's character asked, what makes him the god of mischief? I know he's egotistical but that isn't just a self appointed title of his. Show us more of why he's considered that.

Regardless, Tom Hiddleston was born for the role of Loki and I'll gladly continue to tune in weekly, even if it was 45-50 minutes of monitoring him in a jail cell.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is fun and the wife and I really liked it so far. Do these drop on Thursdays?