MCU: Loki (Disney+)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Hiddleston as Loki and enjoyed the first episode of this series but haven't really cared much for the last 2 episodes, or where its headed. I'm not sure what can be done to suck me back in but this show definitely ranks behind WandaVision and Falcon & Winter Soldier as far as Marvel series go. It hasn't been bad, just boring.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really enjoying this much more than Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Hiddleston as Loki and enjoyed the first episode of this series but haven't really cared much for the last 2 episodes, or where its headed. I'm not sure what can be done to suck me back in but this show definitely ranks behind WandaVision and Falcon & Winter Soldier as far as Marvel series go. It hasn't been bad, just boring.

same.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Um, wow. Anyone thinking Falcon and Winter Soldier is BETTER than this? I...have no idea what to say to that other than thank goodness you aren't running Marvel! Say what you want about Loki thus far--I'm very much enjoying it and think, once some doubters actually see where the show goes will go a complete about face--but Falcon and Winter Soldier was a hot mess.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Um, wow. Anyone thinking Falcon and Winter Soldier is BETTER than this? I...have no idea what to say to that other than thank goodness you aren't running Marvel! Say what you want about Loki thus far--I'm very much enjoying it and think, once some doubters actually see where the show goes will go a complete about face--but Falcon and Winter Soldier was a hot mess.

I believe this will have a good conclusion and set up a lot for the future but the journey hasn't been great so far. The first episode was really good but these last two have been treading water. I mean, name anything that has stood out from them. I can't think of anything.

Stout

Reaction score
I believe this will have a good conclusion and set up a lot for the future but the journey hasn't been great so far. The first episode was really good but these last two have been treading water. I mean, name anything that has stood out from them. I can't think of anything.

I think a lot's been happening but, like a duck, not much is going on on the surface.

Chances are that they aren't on a planet getting ready to be destroyed. She's in his head with her enchantments, he's using mass illusion against her, or likely both. Notice how Loki "caught" a falling tower and threw it away? He can't do that. Breaks his rules of magic. Also, if anyone thinks the timey wimey device ran out of battery power and then accidentally got broken, I've got some oceanfront land in Kansas to sell ya.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Episode 4 just introduced another member of the Young Avengers: Kid Loki.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think a lot's been happening but, like a duck, not much is going on on the surface.

Chances are that they aren't on a planet getting ready to be destroyed. She's in his head with her enchantments, he's using mass illusion against her, or likely both. Notice how Loki "caught" a falling tower and threw it away? He can't do that. Breaks his rules of magic. Also, if anyone thinks the timey wimey device ran out of battery power and then accidentally got broken, I've got some oceanfront land in Kansas to sell ya.
Kinda looks like everything on the surface was accurate.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure to hang around through the credits on this most recent episode!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really enjoyed this last episode and for the first time since episode 1, I can't wait for the next episode.

This hasn't been bad, it just hasn't sucked me in like other Marvel shows have where I start anticipating the next episode as soon as the credits roll from the last.

BTW Marvel nailed the casting of Sylvie/Female Loki. I like it when they take the chance on a lesser known actor/actress rather than going after a big name. I had no clue who she was prior to this but I'm a fan now. It also doesn't hurt that she's a total smokeshow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many times has someone killed Loki at this point? 5 times? 6?

Stout

Reaction score
Kinda looks like everything on the surface was accurate.

Yeah, which is MASSIVELY disappointing. "Loki" has no agency, there's a massive plot hole with his magic system, and my friend and I started calling what was going to happen before it happened (once we realized the writing lacked any kind of subtlety), so now it's predictable. I've very much soured on it. Thought it would be the best Marvel show; eh, at least it's better than Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, which is MASSIVELY disappointing. "Loki" has no agency, there's a massive plot hole with his magic system, and my friend and I started calling what was going to happen before it happened (once we realized the writing lacked any kind of subtlety), so now it's predictable. I've very much soured on it. Thought it would be the best Marvel show; eh, at least it's better than Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

yeah... I didn't see the twist coming, but to be honest, i've just been bored watching this. Which is a real shame considering the talent involved.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed the latest episode! Three and a half of the five episodes have been good really good. It hit a lull there for a bit and rebounded nicely.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. This is really awful.

Furthermore, it's lameness has caused me to go back and reconsider Wandavision and F&WS. Not favorably either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wish you were right.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. This is really awful.

Furthermore, it's lameness has caused me to go back and reconsider Wandavision and F&WS. Not favorably either.

yeah... it’s making me do the same. It’s also making me REALLY dislike the idea of having to dedicate so much time to these shows if the movies are going to depend on them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really enjoyed episodes 5 & 6

Seeing Kang show up and just twist everything around was great. I was curious where they were headed with it and they did a great job setting up the future.

I'm also excited for season 2, whenever that may drop. I'm sure a lot will be done in the films involving Kang and multiverses but there is still a lot that can be done with Loki in his current setting.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed episodes 5 & 6

Seeing Kang show up and just twist everything around was great. I was curious where they were headed with it and they did a great job setting up the future.

I'm also excited for season 2, whenever that may drop. I'm sure a lot will be done in the films involving Kang and multiverses but there is still a lot that can be done with Loki in his current setting.
It drops January 2023 to coincide with the Antman.

Stout

Reaction score
Holy Hell, did this show just fall to pieces! Was that, what, a full quarter an episode--of the finale no less?--that was just straight up mustache-twirling monologue/infodump? They took what should have been the best of the Marvel shows and turned it into a vehicle for introducing plot lines for the movies and minimizing the, ya know, titular character. How do you make Loki a wince-worthy main character who doesn't show much agency? Started out fun, and I thought they were setting up a really deep and clever show. Never have I been more wrong. I mean, a freaking LOKI show lacking in cleverness! Super weak writing let down this incredible cast (with one exception--see spoilers). Just no subtlety in this offering. The story line was just bland and boring and gave you all the answers as you went. I was telling my friend he couldn't possibly be right at the end, but, well, he nailed it so easily.

If Kang the Conquerer is going to be a centerpiece villain of the next Marvel phase, well, I probably won't give it much of a look in. I hope it was the atrocious writing, and not the actor, but that "villain" massively bombed. Ronin was more compelling, and he had a great movie around him. Kang sucked and had suckage around him in that show.

My friend called it, with the purple and all the rumors banging around the 'net. I don't follow the rumors and don't know the comics, so I didn't call it. But I thought, when he explained, that surely, it won't be THAT obvious. Not only was it that obvious, it was so poorly presented. Just barf worthy writing that couldn't even a little bit be saved by the rest of the cast. No to mention that the choice held no suspense whatsoever. As we all know we'll be entering a multiverse phase, trying to set that up as a negative consequence was pointless. Another swing and a miss.

*sigh* I really enjoyed the Ant Man offerings. If Kang is going to be the main villain, well, so much for Ant Man.

When everything was announced, I thought Loki MUST end up being the jewel of the Marvel TV crown. Falcon and the Winter Soldier would probably rank second, with Wandavision trailing in distant third. Well, Wandavision was head and shoulders better than any of the offerings. For as bad as Loki ended up being (never getting a 2nd-watch bad, and that's horrible for a Marvel property for me), Falcon and the Winter Soldier was worse (it also won't get a 2nd watch). Wandavision tackled trauma and grief in such a unique manner, and told such an innovative story. The other two shows? Bombity bomb bomb.