MCU: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been reading this story. So, let me say this. As things have progressed and what is acceptable as changing I don't blame Disney for wanting to protect it's image. I don't.

Having said that, I think there is a line between bad, shock style humor and sarcasm verses outright racism on display by the like of Rosanne Barr or baseball player Josh Hader.

To me it's not the same thing. It's dumb and distasteful sure but not the same thing.

Again I don't blame Disney but I don't think that should mean his career is over one bit. Unless something else surfaces I have not seen.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ironic because Disney never seemed to have an issue with Victor Salva - a convicted child molester.

James Gunn is awesome. This is literally like shooting yourself in the foot.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If only everyone was held accountable for being a jackass on Twitter....

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Script Is Being Called a Real Tearjerker

https://movieweb.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-script-tearjerker-james-gunn/

James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 script has brought a few lucky readers to tears. It's been nearly six months since Disney axed Gunn after some old tweets involving some pretty tasteless jokes were unearthed and Marvel Cinematic Universe fans are beginning to wonder if the third and final installment in the Guardians franchise is ever going to see the light of day. There have been conflicting reports in regard to which script the movie will end up using if and when the project gets off the ground.

Marvel Studios has been rather tight-lipped about Guardians of the Galaxy 3 since it was put on the shelf indefinitely. The sequel was supposed to be in the pre-production stage at this time with filming starting early next year, but that has all been cancelled. Now, it seems that a few people with sources close to the project have read James Gunn's tearjerker of a script, but there is no confirmation if Marvel Studios will use the same script that James Gunn poured his heart into at this point in time.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Script Is Being Called a Real Tearjerker

https://movieweb.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-script-tearjerker-james-gunn/

James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 script has brought a few lucky readers to tears. It's been nearly six months since Disney axed Gunn after some old tweets involving some pretty tasteless jokes were unearthed and Marvel Cinematic Universe fans are beginning to wonder if the third and final installment in the Guardians franchise is ever going to see the light of day. There have been conflicting reports in regard to which script the movie will end up using if and when the project gets off the ground.

Marvel Studios has been rather tight-lipped about Guardians of the Galaxy 3 since it was put on the shelf indefinitely. The sequel was supposed to be in the pre-production stage at this time with filming starting early next year, but that has all been cancelled. Now, it seems that a few people with sources close to the project have read James Gunn's tearjerker of a script, but there is no confirmation if Marvel Studios will use the same script that James Gunn poured his heart into at this point in time.

So he is still off as director? I thought they hired him back on after everything blew over...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So glad.

He handled things properly.

Never trash talked Disney.

Blamed himself for stupid social media posts many years back.

Maintained a strong level of support from those who worked with him.

Cooler heads have prevailed.

This series is his baby and he already wrote 3's script, but this says all you need to know:

Marvel Studios never met with or considered any other director for Guardians of the Galaxy 3, despite speculation that Thor: Ragnarok helmer Taika Waititi and Vicehelmer Adam McKay were in the mix. (from a Deadline article)

:jedi:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this literally couldn't have worked out better for him if he tried. Getting busted actually will probably turn out to be the best thing for his career... which was already kicking major ass.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3’: Will Poulter To Play Adam Warlock In Next Installment Of Marvel Franchise​

After teasing his appearance at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Adam Warlock looks ready to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the next installment of the hit franchise. Sources tell Deadline that Will Poulter has landed the role of Warlock in Marvel’s anticipated sequel. James Gunn is returning to direct, with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige producing.

Like with any Marvel film, details behind the plot are being kept under lock and key. Production is expected to start in November.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3’: Will Poulter To Play Adam Warlock In Next Installment Of Marvel Franchise​

After teasing his appearance at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Adam Warlock looks ready to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the next installment of the hit franchise. Sources tell Deadline that Will Poulter has landed the role of Warlock in Marvel’s anticipated sequel. James Gunn is returning to direct, with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige producing.

Like with any Marvel film, details behind the plot are being kept under lock and key. Production is expected to start in November.

i've got no idea who Adam Warlock is, but Poulter is a great actor.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a tad worried about GOTG3 after SS2. However, the Christmas special put that all to rest. Gunn just has this franchise nailed it appears. Can't wait to see how this final chapter for him turns out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
People who didn’t like SS2 molest collies.
You have weird animal fetishes and SS2 sucked! The only good thing that came out of that mess was The Peacemaker TV series which is awesome!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose