MCU: Fantastic Four

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That artwork seems to indicate it will be based in the 60s.
Which would be weird because they had mentioned before integrating it into the current MCU. If it's set that far back it would seem to be separate.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which would be weird because they had mentioned before integrating it into the current MCU. If it's set that far back it would seem to be separate.

They are astronauts, maybe they accidentally go forward in time.

Marvel has not been shy about time travel and parallel universes.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They are astronauts, maybe they accidentally go forward in time.

Marvel has not been shy about time travel and parallel universes.
It's the old comic book art. Likely just an indication they are filming something that's already canon

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I hope they don't fudge up and kill off the surfer this time. He was always one of their best characters and strongest heroes

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is interesting… I love this dude. He’s awesome in a pretty wide range of roles working on Mike Flanagan’s Netflix shows. Think I woulda bought him as the smartest man alive more than Pascal, who gives off more a blue collar vibe. But, there’s no way he would have brought the level of attention to the casting that Pascal did, for good or bad.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is interesting… I love this dude. He’s awesome in a pretty wide range of roles working on Mike Flanagan’s Netflix shows. Think I woulda bought him as the smartest man alive more than Pascal, who gives off more a blue collar vibe. But, there’s no way he would have brought the level of attention to the casting that Pascal did, for good or bad.

People will watch it because it's a Marvel movie, so they should have just, crazy enough, cast the best actor for the role.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People will watch it because it's a Marvel movie, so they should have just, crazy enough, cast the best actor for the role.
Yeah, but Marvel’s brand doesn’t bring in anywhere near as much bucks as it used to which is why they probably went after the higher profile star who’s also the internet’s “zaddy” and much more recognizable face in the public eye, especially compared to Rahul.

Had they not had catastrophic bombs with Marvels and Ant-Man 3, Marvel might have thought they still had the cache to go after best actor for the role. But my guess is the folks over there are pretty skittish and just went with someone they thought would create the most buzz, for right or wrong.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player