Mathieu Taking to Twitter

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I saw it live and thought his replies were a mistake. It did tell me though that they were just as pissed off abut the game as we were.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
His tweets weren't even that bad.

If idiot fans can belittle players on social media, why can't players at least respond?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
That's nothing... And there is no guarantee he was the one who actually responded. Could've been a paid PR person who manages his social media presence...

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
That's nothing... And there is no guarantee he was the one who actually responded. Could've been a paid PR person who manages his social media presence...

Highly doubtful. He doesn't make the kind of money to warrant a PR person, and a PR person wouldn't have responded that way.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His tweets weren't even that bad.

If idiot fans can belittle players on social media, why can't players at least respond?

They can respond however they want IMO...

But athletes are celebrities, you have to take the criticism when earned, not just show up for the curtain call after a great performance.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it was the heat of the moment thing for him and I totally understand the frustration. He could have handled it more professionally, but when you are so competitive you forget about the consequences of your actions until you are calmed down. He could have said way worse, IMO.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I cant imagine what it's like to pick up your phone and see that you have 100 tweets from armchair Quarterbacks telling you that you suck.

If I were an athlete there is no way I would have any social media. But Badgers tweets are a total non story I mean seriously, this is the internet that we're talking about. Telling someone to sit down is like the equivalent of a twitter hug. lol

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is. Told her to sit her arse down - that was it, lol

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Players responding is even more ridiculous.

The only time I have done it was to Sean Miller..... And it was more indirect tagging him in something lambasting his ****ty offense that year.

He blocked me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I also am blocked by Kent Somers, which doesn't bother me one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose