Markieff throws towel at Hornacek

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This IMO needs its own thread
Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro
Several witnesses say they saw Markieff Morris get upse during a break and throw a towel toward Hornacek, who tossed it too. #SunsVsNuggets

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro
Markieff Morris would not comment on tossing a towel toward Hornacek. He said it would be between the two to discuss. #SunsVsNuggets

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro
Hornacek said the team would discuss possible discipline for Markieff Morris throwing a towel toward Hornacek by the bench. #SunsVsNuggets

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro
Hornacek said Markieff Morris was upset about being taken out. Hornacek: "He thinks he's better than that. Well, show me." #SunsVsNuggets

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo987
Memo to Suns management - send Markieff home until he is traded! Tell him not to show up. He should never wear this uniform again.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is exactly why the Suns should have moved Kieff sooner. They weren't going to get that much for him in the first place, probably a 1st rounder and/or a prospect, but with his attitude issues now the Suns will be lucky to get a 2nd round pick. I think they could have gotten a protected 1st + a young prospect before the season started, maybe even a week or two into the season. His poor play plus benching him for half of December most likely cut that in half, so they could either get a pick or a prospect. Now they just need to dump him somewhere without taking on a contract beyond this season.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The situation has become unattainable. Hornacek has lost the team and needs to go along with Markieff. I'm surprised that owner Sarver is letting everything fall apart. Why would anyone pay money to watch this.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
McD did wait after trading Marcus, since he thought that sooner or later a team will appear that really wants Markieff, just as it happened to Scola and Dudley.

In the meantime Markieff will keep his value or even improve it since he is a true professional.

Well, he is not.

And that was predictable and expectable and I don't really see how is that not (at least partially) McD's fault as well, that he waited until Markieff completely ruined his own value. And I never thought he ever had much of it.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade him to the Sixers for a cheese steak.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade Markieff to any team but the Pistons. Then again, I just want him traded.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Boston is looking to trade David Lee's expiring contract....send them Kieff for Lee.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 7m7 minutes ago
The Phoenix Suns have suspended forward Markieff Morris for two games for throwing towel at coach Jeff Hornacek, league sources tell Yahoo.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 4m4 minutes ago
Markieff's trade value is to the point that other teams are asking an asset -- Goodwin, for instance -- in exchange for taking him.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This blew up in PHX's face. He wasn't going to change, no matter what act he put on in front of the cameras. I said it then they needed to get rid of him and now unfortunately it has gone past the point of no return. Doubt HOU's offer of Jones is still on the table or NO's Ryan Anderson, no one is going to bring that cancer on.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA 4m4 minutes ago
Markieff's trade value is to the point that other teams are asking an asset -- Goodwin, for instance -- in exchange for taking him.

That's depressing.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they can't trade him, let him sit on the bench and don't play him.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Then you get his grumbling, etc. in the locker room which isn't going to help. Its basically a lose lose lose situation until he is gone.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

No. He's a full-fledged metastasized cancer. He can't be on the bench. He can't be on the locker room. He can't be in Phoenix, period... He needs to be fully extracted from the team, NOW.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keef Morris ‏@Keefmorris 4m4 minutes ago
My frustration got the best of me last night. It won't happen again. I apologize to Jeff. My teammates told me I hit coach with the towel.

Keef Morris ‏@Keefmorris 3m3 minutes ago
In no way was that towel intended for him. I just want to help my team win so much. That's my focus moving forward. #Foe

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No. He's a full-fledged metastasized cancer. He can't be on the bench. He can't be on the locker room. He can't be in Phoenix, period... He needs to be fully extracted from the team, NOW.

Can they send him home and still pay him. Conduct detrimental to the team or something like that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can they send him home and still pay him. Conduct detrimental to the team or something like that.

So long as they pay him they should be able to. I doubt that's what will happen though. They may keep him away for a few extra games after his suspension but I could see Hornacek playing him if he's available. For whatever reason he loves going 12 deep with his rotations.