Markieff throws towel at Hornacek

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, they waited too long to trade him and now will have to trade him with something of value just to get rid of him? This FO is a joke. the only surprise here is that it took Kieff this long to really do something stupid.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
so, they waited too long to trade him and now will have to trade him with something of value just to get rid of him? This FO is a joke. the only surprise here is that it took Kieff this long to really do something stupid.

Yep. McD the riverboat gambler gets burned. I guess he was hoping Kieff would show some value to suitors on his court. That's quite a gamble given Kieff's track record, the towel was nothing, he could have committed an assault. Oh, that's right, he still has criminal charges pending, right?

One of the guys on 98.7 was saying yesterday that the Suns were waiting until January 15th to finalize some kind of deal. If that's the case, I sure hope that our trade partner isn't getting cold feet about now.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After Thursday’s practice, Hornacek said he hadn’t checked his phone for a Morris apology but “I wouldn’t count on it.”
Geez. This is just going to linger.
“He felt badly about it,” McDonough said. “He realized he got a little emotional and the behavior wasn’t acceptable. Obviously, since we traded his brother over the summer, things haven’t gone the way we hoped they would go on or off the court but I’m not going to sit here and beat up Markieff Morris for a bad moment. I think he regrets it.”
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor.../?hootPostID=0e926539d8c0020d4b9a2c48c92ee4e1

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know this isn't the case but at least it's something to laugh about regarding all the negative Suns news of late.

You must be registered for see images attach

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Several teams that were interested in Morris said the asking price was still too high and that’s made the progression toward serious talks a slow-moving process, league sources told Yahoo.

Morris’ recent benching and suspension have also hurt Phoenix’s leverage in reaching a deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...el-at-suns-coach-jeff-hornacek-185544822.html
Perhaps Suns ought to consider lowering the asking price?

Every second he's on the roster, that's a second too long.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horry to Ainge towelgate redux

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This team needs to hit the reset button. There was a trade scenario on Hoopshype that would she'd some salary but it couldn't make us any worse.

BOS gets Dwight Howard & PJ Tucker

HOU gets Bledsoe, Morris & Chandler

PHX gets Ty Lawson, David Lee, Jared Sullinger, BOS 1st round pick, DAL 1st rounder & BKY 2018 1st round pick

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
This team needs to hit the reset button. There was a trade scenario on Hoopshype that would she'd some salary but it couldn't make us any worse.

PHX gets Ty Lawson, David Lee, Jared Sullinger, BOS 1st round pick, DAL 1st rounder & BKY 2018 1st round pick

Who do the DAL and BKY picks currently belong to? That trade looks pretty bad for Boston. Howard isn't an impact player anymore, and he can opt out this summer.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Suns organization is in total chaos.
They say it is always darkest before the dawn. And I am referring to admitting by their actions that Jeff Hornacek is simply too nice a guy to be a Head Coach of an NBA basketball team.

If this incident isn't the darkness before the dawn, it will show that the Suns ownership and Front Office are as much to blame. And they will be a complete laughingstock to the league and its fans.

kingdad said:
For whatever reason he loves going 12 deep with his rotations.
Here's some of the proof of what I said in Paragraph 1. Jeff is too nice a guy to name and stick with a starting lineup (barring injury), a bench rotation and strength in reserve. He seems afraid of hurting feelings. That is not the job description of an NBA Head Coach.

Last edited:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The team's front court is in disarray, not the whole team.

Bledsoe and Knight are capable of being a winning pair.
Len and Chandler can fill up the center position alright, for now. Not the stars of the team, but effective role players if there are in fact stars somewhere.

The forwards on this team or hotheads, trouble makers, has beens, or never will be's. Leuer's a good backup. Tucker could be a good backup. There are no starter quality forwards, and that is the team's failure.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If they were shipping out Knight instead of Bledsoe I would do that deal. I think Bledsoe is a better player now and will have a better career when it's all said and done.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"for a bad moment"? Lol... okay McD. Every time he's a DNP coaches decision that pretty is a bad moment, as is every listless minute he spends on the court... which is what's leading to those DNPs.

I'll just go ahead and say it... McD is an idiot. Him signing and drafting multiple PGs last year was idiotic. I still think trading that Lakers pick for Knight was idiotic. Signing Chandler seems idiotic and his handling of the twins has been idiotic. As were the comments he made about Dragic, trashing him after the trade (and this is coming from someone who wasn't a big Dragic fan and wanted him gone so we didn't lose him for nothing).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sweet... more mid-late 1st rounders that will do nothing for us!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"for a bad moment"? Lol... okay McD. Every time he's a DNP coaches decision that pretty is a bad moment, as is every listless minute he spends on the court... which is what's leading to those DNPs.

I'll just go ahead and say it... McD is an idiot. Him signing and drafting multiple PGs last year was idiotic. I still think trading that Lakers pick for Knight was idiotic. Signing Chandler seems idiotic and his handling of the twins has been idiotic. As were the comments he made about Dragic, trashing him after the trade (and this is coming from someone who wasn't a big Dragic fan and wanted him gone so we didn't lose him for nothing).

Thank goodness someone said it.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Agree, Sarver needs to clean house getting rid of Babby, McD and Hornacek. Too bad we can't get rid of Sarver too.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

What else is McD going to say? It's kind of a thin line because he is trying to keep what little value Kieff has intact while also acknowledging that it is unacceptable behavior.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Done with you.

Woah, hold on. You'll miss out on an endless barrage of cut and paste tweeter feed updates, bad memes and blogs from anyone and everyone who might have something negative to say about the franchise.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Again, the Suns forum needs to add to their base of posters, not cannibalize each other. Everyone is entitled to their view.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On Twitter Marcin Gortat is standing by Keef side, not really standing up for him nor attacking. At least that is what I'm getting from him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Thank goodness someone said it.

Agree, Sarver needs to clean house getting rid of Babby, McD and Hornacek. Too bad we can't get rid of Sarver too.
:yeahthat: