Coro and Elhassan explain why Dragic is demanding a trade and how this affects the pr

marios13

Rookie
Reaction score
From RealGM Miami Board

Post#429 » by Promezclan » 43 minutes ago

For people who say last year was a fluke, and he has declined this year, let's look at the 8 games where Thomas didn't play, I.e where there weren't THREE point guards fighting for too few touches:
Last year: 75 games - 35.1 mpg, 20.3 Pts, 5.9 Ast, 3.2 reb, 50.5 fg%
This year: 08 games - 35.9 mpg, 19.6 Pts, 5.6 ast, 4.1 reb, 52.7 fg%

So we can see that the issue was the situation, not gorans skill. Theres definitely no problem on the Heat with too many point guards, so i think he will be fine. The only concern is pace and play style. But the good thing is that even if his production declines, goran only adds things, never takes away, since hes a smart, efficient player.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Per the original podcast, I never buy the emphatic "black eye for the organization" judgments. I'd bet that as soon as a team expresses actual interest in a player, a lot of that player's reservations disappear (barring advice from a close friend or agent).

For instance, any young player who expressed concern over the Dragic situation might be told "Goran was 28, Bledsoe is 25, Knight is 23, Len is 21. We're building for the future and want you to be a cornerstone of it."

Unless that player is a PG, of course.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This was a really interesting podcast. I enjoyed listening to it after work. It was good to hear that some experts/ insiders see this the same way I do.