Madden 11

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
You can also download the updated roaster from the online play. Still whish EA would put some faces on the players profiles instead of shadows.

The rosters are now updated...finally. DA is benched for Hall and the season is ON.

How do you get the update? Does it just download automatically, or do I need to request it somehow?

This is my first version of Madden since 94.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you get the update? Does it just download automatically, or do I need to request it somehow?

This is my first version of Madden since 94.

Go to online, select "rosters" and download it. Then make sure you save it to your hard drive so you can use it without going online.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played the game one time, giving it back. Please someone give me a roster update for NFL2K5.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Dude I'm the biggest homer there is for 2k5, I've played it nonstop for 6 years, and trust me when I say this year's Madden finally is a better game. Give it a chance DCR.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Just picked it up and only played a game but so far so good. I am extremely happy they finally have your blockers actually block for you. It makes such a difference.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is nothing innovative this year. Was playing this for a week straight at my bros. Had to drop him off all week until his car was out of the shop. So we were playing for a couple hours a day. It's a good game. Not a great game. What is funny is that it feels like they tried to take some of the simpler approaches that 2K took with it's franchise. Having said that, it still feels like a glorified roster update.

I just don't see why a new Madden is necessary every year. They should move these games to an every other year cycle and just give the roster updates with the off year. At least then these glorified roster updates wouldn't be masked in marketing hype trying to hide what they really are.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
2k5 was awful. I remember trying it because people said how great it was but I remember multiple times the receiver would go into supersonic speed across the middle to make a catch that was way off target and little quirks like that.

2k5 lacked gameplay but had very nice presentation qualities, that I will admit. ESPN was nice on it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is nothing innovative this year. Was playing this for a week straight at my bros. Had to drop him off all week until his car was out of the shop. So we were playing for a couple hours a day. It's a good game. Not a great game. What is funny is that it feels like they tried to take some of the simpler approaches that 2K took with it's franchise. Having said that, it still feels like a glorified roster update.

I just don't see why a new Madden is necessary every year. They should move these games to an every other year cycle and just give the roster updates with the off year. At least then these glorified roster updates wouldn't be masked in marketing hype trying to hide what they really are.

if you owned the franchise, would you stop making yearly copies? me either. Nor would i offer roster updates to old copies.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trying to charge people $10 to play each EA game online is hurting EA sales for sure.

If you buy it new you don't pay any extra. If you buy it used EA loses out on a new game sale. How is this hurting EA? Just as in that article, they're just trying to get a buck out of when people buy the game used.

I don't like it and I'm not for it, but I can definitely see why they've done it. I've seen it in other EA games too like Mass Effect 2.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you buy it new you don't pay any extra. If you buy it used EA loses out on a new game sale. How is this hurting EA? Just as in that article, they're just trying to get a buck out of when people buy the game used.

I don't like it and I'm not for it, but I can definitely see why they've done it. I've seen it in other EA games too like Mass Effect 2.

EA doesn't lose out on anything.

If I go to craigslist to buy a used couch, Ashley Furniture doesn't lose out on the purchase of a couch.

This kind of logic really hurts companies in the long run.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score

No, not really.

We're in the age of "microtransactions". As long as users continue to pay, game companies will continue to charge.

Until gamers, as a whole, reach the point that they won't pay extra for certain in-game features game companies will continue to squeeze as much cash as possible for their product out of the gaming community.

It'll only hurt game companies in the long run if they don't adjust to emerging market conditions when the ride is over.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
EA doesn't lose out on anything.

If I go to craigslist to buy a used couch, Ashley Furniture doesn't lose out on the purchase of a couch.

That is not the greatest analogy. In order to play online you have to use EA's servers. That is why they charge the extra money. In your analogy Ashley Furniture would have to store your couch a couple of times a week.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is not the greatest analogy. In order to play online you have to use EA's servers. That is why they charge the extra money. In your analogy Ashley Furniture would have to store your couch a couple of times a week.

True. How about the Cardinals deciding that they are going to charge $20 for parking before every game when before it was included. A large majority are going to pay the $20. There might be quite a few that decide to not go or even cancel season tickets if they do.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Ok this game is just pissing me off. They show the same celibration at the end of every touchdown, the crowed is exactly the same as last years game and the quick game calling is crap. They never call the correct play and I get burned on many 3rd and longs. I had to switch back to full playbook just to be able to get a decent gain on the growned.

The only good I see so far is Larry makes some great one handed catches and DA bad accurace is right on EEERRRRR!!!!! He has over trown many of open bombs, Max has now taken over the starting roll, still undefeted but schedual is getting harder. DRC is rocking with almost 1 int and 1 sack a game. DD is slacking while Cambell is racking in the sacks.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Try creating a gameplan and turn off gameflow. Then use the gameplan play option. So much better. It's like playcalling should've always been in Madden, especially if you customize it each week and actually gameplan the opponent you're facing.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Try creating a gameplan and turn off gameflow. Then use the gameplan play option. So much better. It's like playcalling should've always been in Madden, especially if you customize it each week and actually gameplan the opponent you're facing.

Is this possible in franchise? I don't see options for gameplaning anymore.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is this possible in franchise? I don't see options for gameplaning anymore.

You set your gameplan outside the franchise options. I think it's somewhere in the MyMadden tab. Once you do that you'll have the option to set your gameplan in the advanced menu before you start that weeks game.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
52-3 in Pro mode. Maybe All Pro Ken? :D

Here ya go Vince...me on All-Pro

Beanie Seals The Deal

If there is one complaint I have about the highlight system, it's that it always cuts off the beginning of a long play like this one. What you miss is Beanie (under my control of course! :)) breaking 4 tackles before the big-gainer. :bang:

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
It's gotta be a PS3 things I guess. I have a max of 8 seconds on my highlights.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ah understood. I don't know why the PS3 versions get so many problems. I mean, I understand the Xbox has 3 cores and the PS3 has 7 and it's easier to write for 3 that will play on 7 than write for 7 and pare down to 3, but the PS3 owners really get shafted by the lower quality ports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard