MadCards 2022 Cardinals Mock Draft v2.0

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Draft just two weeks away I'm doing my final mock for the Cardinals. With no 4th or 5th rounders I see the Cardinals making some moves to add picks in those rounds. I feel this will be another busy draft with a lot of trades.

In the first round the Cardinals will trade the #23 overall pick to the Chiefs for the #29 and #94 overall picks.

The Cardinals will then trade with the Eagles sending the #94 pick and #201 pick to the Eagles for the #101 pick and #154 pick.

So this will give the Cardinals the following picks:

You must be registered for see images attach

Round 1 Pick #29: Boye Mafe, Edge, Minn
6'3" 255lbs

With the first pick for the Cardinals I think they will take the best Edge, OL, CB or WR left on the board. Mafe is a freak athlete that still needs some seasoning with his fundamentals. He uses his athleticism to shed blockers and make plays. With the hole left by Jones leaving via FA, Mafe gives the Cards an option to try and fill those large shoes.

Round 2 Pick #55: James Cook, RB, Georgia
5'11" 190lbs

Not Cpt James Cook the famous British Explore but James Cook the little brother of Dalvin Cook. Yes James is the younger brother of Dalvin but he clearly is small than Dalvin as well. With that said he has huge Big play ability. Cook is a shifty runner who would be a great replacement for Chase Edmonds.

Round 3 Pick #87: Jalen Tolbert, WR, S. Alabama
6'1" 195lbs

The Cardinals love drafting WRs in the 3rd round from small schools. Tolbert is a smooth WR who reminds me of a poor man's Chris Olave from Ohio St. Like Olave, Tolbert runs great routes and looks effortless out there. He will provide another weapon for Kyler and will eventually replace AJ Green as he gets his feet wet some and gains experience.

Round 3 Pick #101: Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama
6'4" 312lbs

Mathis is a monster of a man. He was the anchor of the Tides DL and excellent at stuffing the run. Well respected in the locker room by both his teammates and coaches he was voted as a team captain. Corey Peters has been the unsung hero in the middle of the Cardinals DL for years. Mathis will be his successor.

Round 5 Pick #154: Christopher Allen, DE/OLB, Alabama
6'3" 243lbs

The Cardinals go back to back Bama players. Allen is a physical specimen who looks the part but is very raw. A knee injury his Sophomore year and a foot injury last year have limited him some. I wouldn't expect much from him his first couple of years as he learns the ropes.

USATSI_17236988-e1643843088906.jpg

Round 6 Pick #215: Eyioma Uwazurike, DT, Iowa St
6'6" 320lbs

Uwazurike is another monster of a man has had to overcome adversity early in his life. Academics were not a strong suit for Uwazurike and he was academically ineligible as a freshman. He spent most of that year in the academic center till late at night and by his senior year ended up being named to the academic all-conference team. He has since enrolled in a master program at Iowa St.

Round 7 Pick #244: Lecitus Smith, OG, Va Tech
6'3" 314lbs

Looked athletic for a big man at the Combine. However he was somewhat inconsistent at Virginia Tech. Could develop into a solid backup.

SHSUs-Zyon-McCollum-22.jpg

Round 7 Pick #256: Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston St
6'2" 200lbs

The Cardinals love his length. He is another late round project that won't see the field initially except for maybe on special teams. Didn't see great competition in the FCS. However he has the athletic ability to eventually develop into a starter.

dedwluuowvjfgqruwhdf.jpg

Round 7 Pick #257: Collin Schooler, ILB, Texas Tech
6'3" 253lbs

Schooler transferred from Arizona to Texas Tech. He is an average at best athlete. However his football instincts are through the roof. Coaches will love him but the question remains if he has the athletic ability to play at the next level.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Fourth. This will be the fourth draft where we have kyler.

The year he was drafted and years following his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seasons.

But yes, I completely agree. We are going to be rebuilding around him with AJ Greens, James conners, and hernandezes for his career.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Fourth. This will be the fourth draft where we have kyler.

The year he was drafted and years following his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seasons.

But yes, I completely agree. We are going to be rebuilding around him with AJ Greens, James conners, and hernandezes for his career.
Well, I mean we had Kyler for all of the selections after #1 when we took him, and we prepared to welcome our new Franchise Quarterback to the NFL by giving him:

Andy Isabella, WR
Hakeem Butler, WR
KeeSean Johnson, WR
Lamont Galliard, OC (sixth round)
Joshua Miles, OT (seventh round)
Caleb Wilson, TE (seventh round)

Galliard, Butler, Wilson, and Miles couldn't even stick in the league for three seasons.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, I mean we had Kyler for all of the selections after #1 when we took him, and we prepared to welcome our new Franchise Quarterback to the NFL by giving him:

Andy Isabella, WR
Hakeem Butler, WR
KeeSean Johnson, WR
Lamont Galliard, OC (sixth round)
Joshua Miles, OT (seventh round)
Caleb Wilson, TE (seventh round)

Galliard, Butler, Wilson, and Miles couldn't even stick in the league for three seasons.
Yes I’m counting that. Kyler has been in the league 3 seasons. So his draft, the two after his first and second seasons, and now this draft. That’s four drafts.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No complaints here. Good work.

You can't fill all holes, it depends how things fall, and there are some good players here.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must really hate OL picks because I don’t think I ever seen you make one using a premium pick in your previous mocks either.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must really hate OL picks because I don’t think I ever seen you make one using a premium pick in your previous mocks either.

I had us taking one in 2020:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I had us taking one in 2020:

Several of those guys panned out. Good picking.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
With the Draft just two weeks away I'm doing my final mock for the Cardinals. With no 4th or 5th rounders I see the Cardinals making some moves to add picks in those rounds. I feel this will be another busy draft with a lot of trades.

In the first round the Cardinals will trade the #23 overall pick to the Chiefs for the #29 and #94 overall picks.

The Cardinals will then trade with the Eagles sending the #94 pick and #201 pick to the Eagles for the #101 pick and #154 pick.

So this will give the Cardinals the following picks:

Round 1 Pick #29: Boye Mafe, Edge, Minn
6'3" 255lbs

With the first pick for the Cardinals I think they will take the best Edge, OL, CB or WR left on the board. Mafe is a freak athlete that still needs some seasoning with his fundamentals. He uses his athleticism to shed blockers and make plays. With the hole left by Jones leaving via FA, Mafe gives the Cards an option to try and fill those large shoes.
Went #40 overall to Seahawks.

Round 2 Pick #55: James Cook, RB, Georgia
5'11" 190lbs

Not Cpt James Cook the famous British Explore but James Cook the little brother of Dalvin Cook. Yes James is the younger brother of Dalvin but he clearly is small than Dalvin as well. With that said he has huge Big play ability. Cook is a shifty runner who would be a great replacement for Chase Edmonds.
Pick #63 to the Bills.

Round 3 Pick #87: Jalen Tolbert, WR, S. Alabama
6'1" 195lbs

The Cardinals love drafting WRs in the 3rd round from small schools. Tolbert is a smooth WR who reminds me of a poor man's Chris Olave from Ohio St. Like Olave, Tolbert runs great routes and looks effortless out there. He will provide another weapon for Kyler and will eventually replace AJ Green as he gets his feet wet some and gains experience.
#88 to the Cowboys. Fairly close!

Round 3 Pick #101: Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama
6'4" 312lbs

Mathis is a monster of a man. He was the anchor of the Tides DL and excellent at stuffing the run. Well respected in the locker room by both his teammates and coaches he was voted as a team captain. Corey Peters has been the unsung hero in the middle of the Cardinals DL for years. Mathis will be his successor.
#47 to the Washington team (Commanders is such an awful name). Reach.

Round 5 Pick #154: Christopher Allen, DE/OLB, Alabama
6'3" 243lbs

The Cardinals go back to back Bama players. Allen is a physical specimen who looks the part but is very raw. A knee injury his Sophomore year and a foot injury last year have limited him some. I wouldn't expect much from him his first couple of years as he learns the ropes.
UDFA to the Broncos.

Round 6 Pick #215: Eyioma Uwazurike, DT, Iowa St
6'6" 320lbs

Uwazurike is another monster of a man has had to overcome adversity early in his life. Academics were not a strong suit for Uwazurike and he was academically ineligible as a freshman. He spent most of that year in the academic center till late at night and by his senior year ended up being named to the academic all-conference team. He has since enrolled in a master program at Iowa St.
Pick 116 to the Broncos.

Round 7 Pick #244: Lecitus Smith, OG, Va Tech
6'3" 314lbs

Looked athletic for a big man at the Combine. However he was somewhat inconsistent at Virginia Tech. Could develop into a solid backup.
Cardinals!!!

Round 7 Pick #256: Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston St
6'2" 200lbs

The Cardinals love his length. He is another late round project that won't see the field initially except for maybe on special teams. Didn't see great competition in the FCS. However he has the athletic ability to eventually develop into a starter.
#157 to Buccaneers.

Round 7 Pick #257: Collin Schooler, ILB, Texas Tech
6'3" 253lbs

Schooler transferred from Arizona to Texas Tech. He is an average at best athlete. However his football instincts are through the roof. Coaches will love him but the question remains if he has the athletic ability to play at the next level.
I don't think anyone picked him up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA