Mad Max: Fury Road

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mad Max: Fury Road

George Miller, who has directed every Mad Max film, is again helming with a script by himself, Brendan McCarthy and Nico Lathouris.

Cast: Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Nathan Jones, Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Courtney Eaton, Josh Helman, Jennifer Hagan, iOTA, John Howard, Richard Carter, Megan Gale, Angus Sampson, Joy Smithers, Gillian Jones, Melissa Jaffer, Melita Jurisic

Plot Summary: Mad Max is caught up with a group of people fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by the Imperator Furiosa. This movie is an account of the Road War which follows. It is based on the Word Burgers of the History Men and eyewitness accounts of those who survived.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Plot Summary: Mad Max is caught up with a group of people fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by the Imperator Furiosa.

So, it's a remake of The Road Warrior then and not the original Mad Max? It's nice to see them stay in continuity with the Mad Max reboot Mad Mex.

You must be registered for see images

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bwahaha, epically bad decision.

why? It's the same writer/director as the rest of the series and Tom Hardy is a freaking beast who seems to not only be pretty damn picky when it comes to his roles, but has a knack for picking great scripts.

I don't think it'll be successful box office wise because the majority of young people who make up the ticket buying audience don't have a clue who Mad Max is, but I'm pretty optimistic that this could be kick-ass with Miller at the helm and Hardy in the lead.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
why? It's the same writer/director as the rest of the series and Tom Hardy is a freaking beast who seems to not only be pretty damn picky when it comes to his roles, but has a knack for picking great scripts.

I don't think it'll be successful box office wise because the majority of young people who make up the ticket buying audience don't have a clue who Mad Max is, but I'm pretty optimistic that this could be kick-ass with Miller at the helm and Hardy in the lead.

Oh, if 'Michael Bay explosions!' Transformers can make money, so can this. I meant from a quality/why in the hell would I want to see it standpoint.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, if 'Michael Bay explosions!' Transformers can make money, so can this. I meant from a quality/why in the hell would I want to see it standpoint.

Because Miller is a great director and Tom Hardy is an incredible actor who usually only works on scripts that are great material?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am encourage with who is at the helm and who the leads are. This could be good. Besides, if anybody is honest....the originals had a "cheese" element to them and they were not beyond ridiculousness. I loved them but I am staying positive about this and look forward to the franchise continuing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mad max is one of those movies that was good and a classic but could be so much better of a movie if done properly.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you see Draft Day in the theatre?

Can I get a ruling on Draft Day v. Transformers?

Sorry, Stout. :)

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Because Miller is a great director and Tom Hardy is an incredible actor who usually only works on scripts that are great material?

Even if I didn't have a huge man-crush on Tom Hardy, I would say that this statement was still dead on.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Even if I didn't have a huge man-crush on Tom Hardy, I would say that this statement was still dead on.

Yep. Tom Hardy is sky-rocketing to the top of my favorites.

Hey Cheese, awhile back you had mentioned that Hardy hadn't had his tour-de-force role yet (this goes back awhile) and I mentioned his role in Bronson. Have you seen it yet? Incredible performance.

I was dumb founded when I realized he was in Black Hawk Down.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score

Hey Cheese, awhile back you had mentioned that Hardy hadn't had his tour-de-force role yet (this goes back awhile) and I mentioned his role in Bronson. Have you seen it yet? Incredible performance.

And Star Trek: Nemesis, though far from the better offerings in the franchise.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list. Did you see Locke? Small indie film that came out earlier this year where it's literally just him in a car, on the phone, trying to put out a bunch of fires in his life. he's pretty damn amazing in that.

and if you were dumbfounded about Black Hawk, go watch Star Trek: Nemesis and be stunned to find him super young in the role of the bad guy.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list. Did you see Locke? Small indie film that came out earlier this year where it's literally just him in a car, on the phone, trying to put out a bunch of fires in his life. he's pretty damn amazing in that.

and if you were dumbfounded about Black Hawk, go watch Star Trek: Nemesis and be stunned to find him super young in the role of the bad guy.

No I heard of it, now it's just a matter of finding it. Thanks for the heads up. I don't do Star Trek movies though. The last one I saw was literally the one where Spock died. Was at the drive-in in the 80's. I remember when Spock bit it all I could hear was people at the drive-in yelling "You can't kill Spock god-damnit!!"

Too funny. Of course thankfully that movie allowed .Ken to vent his frustrations at Neil Rackers properly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

this was and continues to be the funniest thing you've ever posted. the night right after the Monday Night Meltdown might have been the single most entertaining three hours this board has ever seen and the above image was easily the highlight of it.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
this was and continues to be the funniest thing you've ever posted. the night right after the Monday Night Meltdown might have been the single most entertaining three hours this board has ever seen and the above image was easily the highlight of it.

:thumbup:

It's nice to know that I have a magnum opus...but disappointing that I have failed to top it in almost 7 and a half years.

Now I know what it feels like to be M. Night Shyamalan.

:sad:

I mean...this had to be funnier...

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ugh, the Hollywood remake machine has subsumed this board with it's continual stream of unimaginative material. The actor and director are great? Great. MAKE A NEW EFFING MOVIE THEN.

Scarlett Jo-Jo could walk around naked, but I wouldn't watch it if it was a remake. Oh wait, yes I would. Oh wait, she did it in an original movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, the Hollywood remake machine has subsumed this board with it's continual stream of unimaginative material. The actor and director are great? Great. MAKE A NEW EFFING MOVIE THEN.

Hollywood won't make new movies, so if I'm going to get a sequel, at least it's one with a great combo writer/director/actor. that's the sad reality of the theatrical business.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hollywood won't make new movies, so if I'm going to get a sequel, at least it's one with a great combo writer/director/actor. that's the sad reality of the theatrical business.

All 9 best pic nominations were new movies.

:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson