Mad Max: Fury Road

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That is because you are not sophisticated enough to understand the underlying story being told in both of these films. In the Dark Knight Rises, Bane is a metaphor for the prison we all live in within society and his mask represent how we all hide from our true selves. As for Inception, the reality we live it does not match the reality we have created for ourselves, thus creating these lies we live every day.

If you cannot see these films for what they really are, then why bother watching any film?

:D :p :D :p

PS Happy Birthday Stout.

:thumbup:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome!

2015 is going to get a lot of money out of me at the box office.

i actually think this one won't do well. millenials don't know who Mad Max and from box office receipts, don't care who Tom Hardy is. that said, I can't wait to see it.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
i actually think this one won't do well. millenials don't know who Mad Max and from box office receipts, don't care who Tom Hardy is. that said, I can't wait to see it.

Yeah, I agree with you...those of us who were around for Road Warrior (IMO the best Mad Max movie) are not the big money winners at the box office.

Is this going to be rated R?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with you...those of us who were around for Road Warrior (IMO the best Mad Max movie) are not the big money winners at the box office.

Is this going to be rated R?

think so. Miller won't pull punches on this... i hope.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Put it to you this way,

I am 32. Max max was slightly before me. Ive never seen it but I know the concept.

I watched the trailer. The movie looks sick and I cannot wait to see it.

If they advertise and show that trailer enough, people will show up in droves to see it IMO.

I dont know who Tom Hardy is either, what else is he in? All I care about is this looks like Twisted metal meets escape from LA = awesome.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Put it to you this way,

I am 32. Max max was slightly before me. Ive never seen it but I know the concept.

I watched the trailer. The movie looks sick and I cannot wait to see it.

If they advertise and show that trailer enough, people will show up in droves to see it IMO.

I dont know who Tom Hardy is either, what else is he in? All I care about is this looks like Twisted metal meets escape from LA = awesome.

Bane from The Dark Knight Rises
Warrior
Inception
...and many more

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Bingo :) It might end up being an epic movie, but there was zero need for it, so no thanks. Many people would watch a remade Casablanca, or Rambo, or Annie--oh wait, that's being done!--but I won't :D

Um, what? You aren't seriously comparing Mad Max to Casablanca, are you?

I don't see the problem here. Rebooting is fine with the right property, and this is being done by the guy who originally did it in the first place, so I don't agree with any of what you are saying.

It's not like they are taking an iconic television show and turning it into a comedy. This looks miles better than A-Team and as far as reboots/remakes go, that one wasn't that bad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bingo :) It might end up being an epic movie, but there was zero need for it, so no thanks. Many people would watch a remade Casablanca, or Rambo, or Annie--oh wait, that's being done!--but I won't :D

I just don't get it. If it was simply called Fury Road and the lead characters name was Xam instead of Max, you wouldn't think this looked good?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I just don't get it. If it was simply called Fury Road and the lead characters name was Xam instead of Max, you wouldn't think this looked good?

And can you explain what "zero need for it" actually means. Maybe you can make sense of what he's saying. There's zero need for almost any movie in reality, so that seems to be a weak reason to not see something.

There was zero need to make Shawshank Redemption, but it was made and is now one of the best movies ever made. There was zero need to film an unfilmmable novel like Cloud Atlas, but I'm a big fan of that movie.

Stout

Reaction score
Um, what? You aren't seriously comparing Mad Max to Casablanca, are you?

I don't see the problem here. Rebooting is fine with the right property, and this is being done by the guy who originally did it in the first place, so I don't agree with any of what you are saying.

It's not like they are taking an iconic television show and turning it into a comedy. This looks miles better than A-Team and as far as reboots/remakes go, that one wasn't that bad.

Of course I'm not, which is why I also put in Rambo and Annie, for a range of movies--which you seem to have purposefully misunderstood. I generally loathe remakes, as you know, so for me, unless there's some damn good reason for remaking it, I'm not going to be game. I loved the original material, and don't really care to see it redone.

I didn't watch the preview, and I won't unless it's on before a movie at the theater. And before you get on my case about me bringing it up, I posted because I was mentioned by name.

I mean, you guys can rail at me all you want, but I don't HAVE to want to see this movie.

Stout

Reaction score

Like I said, didn't see the trailer and I don't care to. You can 'just not get it', but if someone kept ragging you that you HAD to like or want to see some movie you clearly stated you didn't have any desire to see, I'm pretty sure you'd still not want to see it.

And can you explain what "zero need for it" actually means. Maybe you can make sense of what he's saying. There's zero need for almost any movie in reality, so that seems to be a weak reason to not see something.

There was zero need to make Shawshank Redemption, but it was made and is now one of the best movies ever made. There was zero need to film an unfilmmable novel like Cloud Atlas, but I'm a big fan of that movie.

Now you're just being deliberately obtuse to insult me. It's a remake that there's zero need for. This is what I'm saying and have been saying, and you knew exactly what I meant by that. My opinion all along is that the original did not need remade--this is not rocket science here.

Ugh. You get so damn passive-aggressive when you disagree with someone. Stick to aggressive-aggressive, it's more polite :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bane from The Dark Knight Rises
Warrior
Inception
...and many more

lol welp, havent seen any of those.

Of course I'm not, which is why I also put in Rambo and Annie, for a range of movies--which you seem to have purposefully misunderstood. I generally loathe remakes, as you know, so for me, unless there's some damn good reason for remaking it, I'm not going to be game. I loved the original material, and don't really care to see it redone.

I didn't watch the preview, and I won't unless it's on before a movie at the theater. And before you get on my case about me bringing it up, I posted because I was mentioned by name.

I mean, you guys can rail at me all you want, but I don't HAVE to want to see this movie.

You should watch the preview :)

its very well done.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, didn't see the trailer and I don't care to. You can 'just not get it', but if someone kept ragging you that you HAD to like or want to see some movie you clearly stated you didn't have any desire to see, I'm pretty sure you'd still not want to see polite :)

Who's saying you HAVE to like this movie? I'm not. I just think it's wierd making an absolute decision about the movie without even seeing ANYTHING about it. Case in point... You hate remakes and keep railing against this movie being made... When it's not even a remake. It's a sequel, something you have no issue with other franchises making.

That's what I don't get. Hating a movie is getting made, without for a moment even knowing what it's about or what the movie actually is.

Now, if you were to say: "I don't like the Mad Max franchise and won't be seeing this"... That I'd get. But that doesn't seem to be what's going on here.

i think you'd be surprised just how good this looks, solely from an action/spectacle standpoint if you took a look at the trailer.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
peaky blinders is on my netflix watch list and hes in that.

just looked at his IMDB, I have seen NOTHING he is in.

:shrug:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn