LVG's Golden Knights Thread

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Just got back from Vegas. Loved seeing all of the support for the local team - including the Statue of Liberty at New York, New York wearing a Knights' jersey.

You must be registered for see images

And yet, you didn’t call me. Hoser.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
NHL is a joke, Coyotes get the 4th pick in the draft and an expansion team is going to win the Stanley cup smh....

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knights! What a great game one! I think it's going to be a very close series.

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Knights! What a great game one! I think it's going to be a very close series.

It was a crazy game. Absolutely crazy.

I'm still not certain whether the series will be done in 4 or go to 7.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m sure there are trolls, but generally speaking the coverage of the Knights I’ve come across here in Canada has been pretty positive. There’s still criticism of the team being expansion instead of relocation (Carolina, Florida, and unfortunately AZ), and of course of Quebec City being passed over.

But regarding the on-ice performance, it’s been credit where credit is due. Which is also a convenient rebuke to owners of Canadian teams whose fans feel their support is taken for granted. The Leafs actually having a promising young roster for the first time in decades has made their fans much less surly.

I think I’m cheering for Vegas. I don’t much care about the Dbacks “fastest championship” record. It was fueled by free agency - which is fine - but what Vegas has done is more remarkable even if they don’t win. Plus, I just care about the actual DBacks championship a lot more than how soon it happened.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
After watching the pregame ceremonies, I’ve changed my tune. No way the Knights should win a cup before the Sharks.

Let’s go Caps! Win it for Putin, Ovi!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another great game! Game three looking huge. These are two exciting teams.

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
That was a good game last night. My Knights didn't keep the pressure up and made too many mistakes. Fundamentals like passing and covering your man around the goal were missed. Plus Holtby was hot-that was an incredible save, I don't care who you are.

Game 3 on Saturday!

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Meaningless statistics kept by the Knights' twitter feed:

We are 3-1 when Marchessault drives the Lambo to the stadium and
35-6-2 when the press box has gummy bears.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That stick save by Holtby was so sick.

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Watching the last few games, the Knights seemed to have lost a step. The Knights do best when they either skate fast or play physically, and they haven't done that in either Game 2 or Game 3. Plus, the Caps' D is fantastic. No two buts about it, the only goal in Game 3 came off of Holtby's bad pass from behind the net.

The Knights need to press their forecheck and wait for the Caps' D to break down. Otherwise, this series will be done in Game 5.

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm torn on this Stanley Cup, with the Knights being in the Coyotes division. Sadly the Coyotes as a franchise has been pretty much "epically horrible" dating back to their Winnipeg days. I have become the Coyote fan that keeps waiting for more bad news to land. Today I lean towards Washington with hopes the current NHL franchise here figures out how to get to .500 and up!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reactions: LVG
OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Tonight is the biggest game of the year for Vegas. I hope they're ready. They need to bring that energy that they had during the previous series'. The Cup is a grind for 16 that you don't appreciate until you're in it.

Vegas has made some line changes, but in reality this game comes down to three points:

1. Vegas either has to play fast or it has to play physical. The last two games (except for about a period and a half after the Caps' first goal), it hasn't.

2. The Vegas D-men need to cover the part of the net that Fleury turns his back to. Fleury does this, he's an aggressive goalie. When the D-men are out of position (and they have been a lot this series), the Caps score.

3. Vegas needs to disrupt the Caps' defense, especially when they get set up in front of their own goal. Simply skating around and passing the puck looking for the perfect shot isn't enough. Vegas has to plow their way into the Caps setup and force them out of position and hope a shot develops.

There's more, but that's it in a nutshell.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The things that stood out to me when LV was rolling:

They looked faster than every other team through the neutral zone. So many chances came from that alone. The opponents D is skating back instead of standing up on the blue line.

Their cycle down low was beautiful. Turn, turn, turn, until someone on D gets out of position and bam, quality chance after chance.

Passing in stride. Guys were turning and skating the other way almost the second possession was achieved. Then, the outlet pass would hit them perfectly and that in itself made them look speedy as hell.

Chemistry was fully on display. Guys knew where their linemates were at all times and so many nearly blind passes were on the tape. That is almost impossible to defend.

Reactions: LVG
OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Tonight is the biggest game of the year for Vegas. I hope they're ready. They need to bring that energy that they had during the previous series'. The Cup is a grind for 16 that you don't appreciate until you're in it.

Are they ready?

They are not.

Hopefully Vegas takes the ice in the third period.

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
... but Ovechkin deserves a cup. ...

My personal opinion is that the only team who deserves the cup is the team that wins the finals.

So far, it's Washington. They've outplayed the Knights in every game. Including, arguably, game 1.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Disaster averted for Yotes fans if the Knights won. But, congrats to the Caps on their franchise first. Vegas was a machine coming in and Washington pulled the carpet out from under them in spectacular fashion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson