OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Nursing that looooong playoff hangover?

They started a 6 game road trip against some good teams. And came out 2-4. Not the best start, this 5 game home stand will tell give a lot of insight about the season.

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Good start to the 5 game home stand. Knights looked a lot more like last year’s SCF and not pretenders. They have until Saturday off; hope my knights rest up for the Ducks! And the Ducks are on the tables until about 4 am Saturday morning! #vegasflu

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Of course, we've had all sorts of issues this season. First, we didn't really add to our blue line - we focused on our forwards (really should have gone after Karlsson. GMGM will be kicking himself for years for missing that one). Then Schmitty got banned for 1/4 of the season. Then Stasney was injured. And now the team is randomly taking 1/2 of a period off, in which they let 2-3 goals happen.

Despite all of that, we're two points out of a playoff spot. So it's not a total scratch, and I think the team will recover and barely make the playoffs.

But I'm also happy to see the Yotes do well.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hey, don't kid yourself, the Knights caught lighting in a bottle and used every bit of it last season. Those kinds of runs are once in a generation, but I hope they didn't spoil the fan base. A slice of humble pie isn't that bad.

I mean, at you could be a Yotes fan ;)

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Hey, don't kid yourself, the Knights caught lighting in a bottle and used every bit of it last season. Those kinds of runs are once in a generation, but I hope they didn't spoil the fan base. A slice of humble pie isn't that bad.

I mean, at you could be a Yotes fan ;)

Lol. I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt. Watched the Flames game yesterday, and oof.

I'm still in the seats. Hell, I'm a Cards fan. I'm used to being kicked in the nuts season in and season out.

We'll see you guys tomorrow!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. I'm taking all of this with a grain of salt. Watched the Flames game yesterday, and oof.

I'm still in the seats. Hell, I'm a Cards fan. I'm used to being kicked in the nuts season in and season out.

Should be fun. Make sure to use your backup goalie!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. No.

The D hung Subban out to dry for at least 3 of those goals last night.

When the other team puts up a touchdown, the whole team let the goalie down. They'll be ready to go tomorrow, I'm sure.

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
When the other team puts up a touchdown, the whole team let the goalie down. They'll be ready to go tomorrow, I'm sure.

We're all battling at this point to catch up to the Ducks. *shudder* Should be a fun game!

Someone pointed this out to me:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was able to get in contact with the artist and get a print. It's going up in the mancave.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're all battling at this point to catch up to the Ducks. *shudder* Should be a fun game!

Someone pointed this out to me:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was able to get in contact with the artist and get a print. It's going up in the mancave.

Way cool!

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Well, that happened. 8-3.

Nursing that looooong playoff hangover?

Apparently, someone slapped the Flames, who then slapped us, and now we slapped the Blackhawks, so the Blackhawks are it.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Are you going to get Raiders tickets? My neighbor at the Cards games got the equivalent to our Cards seats and had to plop down $35k per seat for the PSL.. :shocker::shocker:
:jawdrop:

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
The fan base is crowing that we are tied for most points (along with Calgary and Winnipeg) in the West.

Not so fast; the numbers tell a different story. VGK has played 3 more games than Calgary, and 4 more games than Winnipeg. The Sharks have played 2 games less. The goals differential is telling as well, with Winnipeg having 22, the Flames 26, the Sharks 14, and VGK at 13. Knock a few of VGK's games off, and the goal differential is even more stark.

But, given how we didn't have Schmitty for 20 games, we lost Stasney for a long stretch, Haula is out for apparently the rest of the season, and Patches is out for the foreseeable future, we're not doing too bad. If we can get healthy and stay that way, we may be a threat in the postseason.

The Hockey Guy apparently agrees; he thinks we're ranked a solid 6th in the league right now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was actually my fault. not a hockey fan at all, I turned on the tv to watch what I thought was going to be a replay of the Warriors game and discovered the hockey game was still on. 1 minute later the Sharks scored the winner.

I can't remember the last time I watched Hockey

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Jones went from being the butt of jokes for his play in games two and three to having a career night last night. Vegas outplayed the Sharks last night but Jones kept them in it.

Looking forward to game 7. Lets go Sharks!

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
That was actually my fault. not a hockey fan at all, I turned on the tv to watch what I thought was going to be a replay of the Warriors game and discovered the hockey game was still on. 1 minute later the Sharks scored the winner.

I can't remember the last time I watched Hockey

Please watch game 7.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm torn on this one. I like Vegas but I would also like to see Jumbo get a chance at the Cup. Not many games left for Joe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson