Loss aside, Byron Murphy

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Got a borderline great one in here. Have to agree.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
He’ll be gone. Along with Zack Allen. We farm young talent so other teams could make them pro-bowlers
We’ll get a bunch of excuses from those last brave few Keim weirdos who will blame their departures on Kyler for demanding an extension last summer, as if all NFL general managers are not capable of extending multiple contracts in an offseason.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Got a borderline great one in here. Have to agree.
I have been hard on Murphy and have said countless times he was not capable to play outside, and I have been wrong. For now, his performance against #1 Wrs has been exemplary. He's like a great OT not letting the defense get pressure and you do not hear about him, but then forget how well he was doing for that very reason. Byron has been impressive

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have been hard on Murphy and have said countless times he was not capable to play outside, and I have been wrong. For now, his performance against #1 Wrs has been exemplary. He's like a great OT not letting the defense get pressure and you do not hear about him, but then forget how well he was doing for that very reason. Byron has been impressive
Same here.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This board is so funny.

If Keim would have extended Murphy and/or Allen last year everyone would have lost their minds.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I gotta be honest..I give it slightly more credit to Vance scheme.

I'd be very worried if I were going to another team.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This board is so funny.

If Keim would have extended Murphy and/or Allen last year everyone would have lost their minds.
False. Many posters were clamoring for both Allen and Murphy to be extended in the offseason because they were on their way up. Same group thta wanted Jalen extended.

It's like Christian Kirk. It wasn't wrong to let another team pay him 17 mil. It was wrong to let him play his contract year in a huge role without an extension. They could have extended him for a fraction of that before the 2021 season. Same with Murphy. Could have extended him for 12-14 mil per year and now we are having to consider franchising him because he is having the season most felt he would have and is now the best CB on the market. Allen is the same.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
False. Many posters were clamoring for both Allen and Murphy to be extended in the offseason because they were on their way up. Same group thta wanted Jalen extended.

I went backed and looked - can't find anything from before the season that were clamoring for Murphy and Allen extensions. Once they started playing well this season - then yes but it was this season. Prove me wrong - have no problem with that.

Found this one though :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This board is so funny.

I would have...which is why I was arguing all offseason about how Murphy was much better than people were giving him credit for.

Keim is always stuck in this cycle of having to make up for past mistakes and misses out on retaining key young players.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think Murphy this past season was important: he has been there pretty much every game

Allen not so much: he still hasnt played a near-full healthy season yet

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I went backed and looked - can't find anything from before the season that were clamoring for Murphy and Allen extensions. Once they started playing well this season - then yes but it was this season. Prove me wrong - have no problem with that.

Found this one though :)

Yes, Golden and Zach Allen. We should have extended both and got one done.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

I don't think these are advocating for extending Murphy. They are saying sign a guy way under the going rate because he can be replaced.

Nobody was pounding the table for Murphy or Allen but they are now - saying the organization is stupid for not doing it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson