Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns 1-25-2015

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lifeless performance by the Suns in the second half. I'm sure the absence of Markieff had some impact.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nobody can criticize Mike D'Antoni if they think Hornacek is a good coach.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody can criticize Mike D'Antoni if they think Hornacek is a good coach.

Good lord...

Yeah, Mike D, the coach who had 4 all-stars on one roster and barely managed to make the playoffs. The guy who has a career winning percentage below 40% when Steve Nash isn't running the show.

He is totally comparable to a dude who is winning games with a roster that Mike D would probably struggle to keep out of the cellar.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've hinted at it for a long time, the Suns are playing a bad version of SSOL.

Yea your right. It's entertaining when the 3s are falling and when the other team allows fb pts but it's not successful in the long run if we can't defend or rebound.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea your right. It's entertaining when the 3s are falling and when the other team allows fb pts but it's not successful in the long run if we can't defend or rebound.

The Suns could at least run at every opportunity.

SunsFan89

Reaction score
I will say one thing. The Clippers will not ever win a title with this core of players. I gurantee it.

Their style of play is not suited for playoffs.

The Warrios, Thunder, Spurs, Grizzlies, Blazers will all sweep the floor if they got a series against the Clippers.

Lol! You hate the Clippers that much?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lol! You hate the Clippers that much?

Their a joke. I can't see them or Houston making it very far. Not about my likes and dislikes, they just don't look like a team that can win a lot in the playoffs.

But yes I do dislike them quite a bit as well.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
While he's not very good at it himself, I'm glad Dragic actually cares about communicating on defense

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...d-clippers-to-120-100-win-over-suns/22328309/

Seriously, to those of you who have seen most games this season and especially to those of you who have gone to the games, aren't the Suns extraordinarily quiet on defense compared to other teams?

I learned in 3rd grade that your supposed to be talking to your teammates ball screens, back screens, back door cuts, double teams etc. How is that Suns players are unable to do something that is a key principle in basketball?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While he's not very good at it himself, I'm glad Dragic actually cares about communicating on defense

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...d-clippers-to-120-100-win-over-suns/22328309/

Seriously, to those of you who have seen most games this season and especially to those of you who have gone to the games, aren't the Suns extraordinarily quiet on defense compared to other teams?

I learned in 3rd grade that your supposed to be talking to your teammates ball screens, back screens, back door cuts, double teams etc. How is that Suns players are unable to do something that is a key principle in basketball?

I pointed it out earlier this season several times and was ignored or accused of using it as an excuse for Bledsoe getting burned. No one talks on defense (not Bledsoe, not Tucker, none of them). They don't call out picks or switches and it's very frustrating. You don't have to be in the stands to see it, it's obvious on TV. Channing Frye was the leader of this team and he was the one that directed everyone else's defensive effort and he got on them when they failed to communicate. No one has stepped up into that role.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes, and now we have Marcus in the game. I wonder if Jeff watched Doc Rivers argue with the referees. Maybe Jeff should be more vocal and then there might be less technicals called on Suns players.

I wish the FO and Hornacek cared about defense as much as they do about techs.

You blow a defensive assignment more than 3 times, you get benched. You commit stupid fouls twice, you get benched. You fail to box out and your man gets the offensive rebound over you 3 times, you get benched.

Special one for Gerald Green, you ball hog on more than 3 possessions, you get benched.

Rather than the "Zero-Tech policy", we can call it the "Zero-Stupidity/poor effort policy".

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Time to use the ignore list. Don't have time to read the same thing over and over and over.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wish the FO and Hornacek cared about defense as much as they do about techs.

You blow a defensive assignment more than 3 times, you get benched. You commit stupid fouls twice, you get benched. You fail to box out and your man gets the offensive rebound over you 3 times, you get benched.

Special one for Gerald Green, you ball hog on more than 3 possessions, you get benched.

Rather than the "Zero-Tech policy", we can call it the "Zero-Stupidity/poor effort policy".

Only for GG? If applied to all, no one would be playing. I haven't seen such poor POINT guard play on the Suns in years. Goran at least tries to play the position, and Bled had a good stretch for a few minutes last night, but otherwise this offense is pretty stale.
There must have been a misunderstanding by these guys that point guard means attempt to score all of the points.

Last edited:

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I hate to blame the refs for anything and the Suns did not play well enough in this game to win but...
It is frustrating to watch Paul going to the line over and over for getting touched while Suns players are picking themselves up off the court repeatedly with no call.

Clippers are the biggest whiners about any contact combined with being the most physical in terms of grabbing and holding opponents. They are the biggest punks in the league and for some reason the refs protect them.

Suns can't even get any respect in their own building.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to blame the refs for anything and the Suns did not play well enough in this game to win but...
It is frustrating to watch Paul going to the line over and over for getting touched while Suns players are picking themselves up off the court repeatedly with no call.

Clippers are the biggest whiners about any contact combined with being the most physical in terms of grabbing and holding opponents. They are the biggest punks in the league and for some reason the refs protect them.

I think we have a bad rep with the refs right now and that's behind the approach that Jeff is taking with T's. Hopefully it works, and soon.

Steve

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score

To me, I'd put the Clippers as probably the least likeable team in the league right now. I'm not entirely sure why, but the whining and flopping are a big part of it for sure.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think we have a bad rep with the refs right now and that's behind the approach that Jeff is taking with T's. Hopefully it works, and soon.

Steve

Agreed. And FWIW, I am totally supportive of Jeff's approach with respect to the T's. He's the coach. He's got his pulse on this team. Sadly, it seems that there is no real leader among the players who has the ability to hold other players accountable, therefore, the coach has no choice.
Disciplining pro athletes is never easy... it's easier when there is a leader(s) among the players who can offer leadership, mentoring and accountability...

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Only for GG? If applied to all, no one would be playing. I haven't seen such poor POINT guard play on the Suns in years. Goran at least tries to play the position, and Bled had a good stretch for a few minutes last night, but otherwise this offense is pretty stale.
There must have been a misunderstanding by these guys that point guard means attempt to score all of the points.

Must be it.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Must be it.
I should clarify that in no way I am saying the point guard position is the reason for poor performance, nor that everyone else on the team is absolved from their poor performance.

Just to be clear; since I am not willing to blame everything on a single player or two or three.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I should clarify that in no way I am saying the point guard position is the reason for poor performance, nor that everyone else on the team is absolved from their poor performance.

Just to be clear; since I am not willing to blame everything on a single player or two or three.

I was being sarcastic as I also recognized your sarcasm :)

Lately, I feel like Bledsoe's done a good job in finding open teammates, unfortunately for him they miss the shot, don't catch the ball and never ever do cuts.